[3.14] Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone

How good is Close Combat Support vs the two AoE related gems? Does Close Combat only affect initial hits or is it also applied to Sandstorms / blood circles that linger? I'm especially wondering of Concatenated Effect might be a better choice for bossing.

Is Empire's Grasp, which reverses knockback, an interesting choice combined with Lion's Roar and other knockback sources? Lion'r Roar is an amazing flask but its knockback really does hurt clearing / facetanking.
i tried this build and while it was fairly tanky thanks to max block the damage just isn't there without some very serious and expensive minmaxing. Skip this one and pick something else imo.
"
Froggeryz a écrit :
i tried this build and while it was fairly tanky thanks to max block the damage just isn't there without some very serious and expensive minmaxing. Skip this one and pick something else imo.

I've noticed this as well. Very tanky indeed, I can facetank every Ultimatum till the end no problem, but the damage is kinda lacking.

What could be sacrificed to gain extra dmg?

1. Maybe ditch Fortify Support for a different gem and link Fortify to Leap Slam instead? Multistrike could be good.. the general strategy seems to be 3x bladestorm -> Leap Slam -> 3x Bladestorm -> repeat.

2. Pick the Bladedancer node? Even though we are right there on the tree, we do not pick these 3 sword dmg related nodes. Bladedancer overwhelms 10% phys dmg reduction of the enemy, as well as providing increased damage and attack speed. For just 3 passive skillpoints that sounds pretty good. If a mob has, say, 50% physical damage reduction, this node gives us 20% more damage.

3. Swap Brutality for Added fire Damage support and get some elemental/chaos conversion and scaling going on with equipment? BY adding elemental damage you can get some good dps out of "%increased elemental damage with attacks" mods on rings, belts, amulets. With proper resist balancing we can get Fire penetration from Wise Oak.

4. Transform it into a viable bleed build?

5. Switch from a sword build to dual wielding axes?

7 life nodes could be sacrificed, especially if you run Belly of the Beast with around 100 life on every other item.
"
"
Froggeryz a écrit :

I've noticed this as well. Very tanky indeed, I can facetank every Ultimatum till the end no problem, but the damage is kinda lacking.

What could be sacrificed to gain extra dmg?

1. Maybe ditch Fortify Support for a different gem and link Fortify to Leap Slam instead? Multistrike could be good.. the general strategy seems to be 3x bladestorm -> Leap Slam -> 3x Bladestorm -> repeat.

2. Pick the Bladedancer node? Even though we are right there on the tree, we do not pick these 3 sword dmg related nodes. Bladedancer overwhelms 10% phys dmg reduction of the enemy, as well as providing increased damage and attack speed. For just 3 passive skillpoints that sounds pretty good. If a mob has, say, 50% physical damage reduction, this node gives us 20% more damage.

3. Swap Brutality for Added fire Damage support and get some elemental/chaos conversion and scaling going on with equipment? BY adding elemental damage you can get some good dps out of "%increased elemental damage with attacks" mods on rings, belts, amulets. With proper resist balancing we can get Fire penetration from Wise Oak.

4. Transform it into a viable bleed build?

5. Switch from a sword build to dual wielding axes?

7 life nodes could be sacrificed, especially if you run Belly of the Beast with around 100 life on every other item.

At the bottom of page 116 you can see the gear i needed to make the build feel smooth, more than a mirror worth of gear.

Here is the thing, OP wrote this build PRE 3.10 the rare/boss HP buff. Im sure it felt great then but now its awful on anything other than downright amazing gear.

OPs POB is rubbish and he resorts to "there is soo many people thanking me for the build though !!!"

I scrolled back and read 50 odd pages from here and its person after person saying the build lacks damage. It does.

OP hasnt played his own build probably since not long after he wrote it. Since the Big buff to HP everyone was left with 3 options, Ailments, Poison, Multicasting. Nothing else felt adequate.

Harvest helped this by letting everyone craft explode chests and 500 dps weapons, but none of this is viable anymore and now the build is left in the dust until you pour an absolute fortune into it.

As for what i consider end game, I dont consider doing tier 16 maps endgame, Im talking things like, Pure breachstones, uber-elder, maven, the feared, sirus9, the hidden, cortex, 100%deli maps with 4 sextants and 4 scarabs.. Any random build can clear a t16 map.

For comparison for the same amount i put into this build to make it good i could iterally get cyclone to over 100million or switch to bleed lacerate for about the same.

OP needs to admit the builds faults an update it and stop giving false hype to it.
Dernière édition par stormyknight, le 1 mai 2021 04:51:21
You confusion is once again laughable. Yesterday you said you take back what you said, today you repost the same shit. You need to make up your mind.

Once again, the videos prove what this build can do and it doesn't need amazing gear.

But by all means keep posting rants. Keep amusing us with your confusion. Keep bumping the thread.

P.S. Oh and I actually play this build constantly since I made it. Killing all bosses and doing all content. So... once again, you're full of .... No surprise there either.
Dernière édition par Diomhdhs_o_Argeios, le 1 mai 2021 08:19:03
"
How good is Close Combat Support vs the two AoE related gems? Does Close Combat only affect initial hits or is it also applied to Sandstorms / blood circles that linger? I'm especially wondering of Concatenated Effect might be a better choice for bossing.

Is Empire's Grasp, which reverses knockback, an interesting choice combined with Lion's Roar and other knockback sources? Lion'r Roar is an amazing flask but its knockback really does hurt clearing / facetanking.

Do you really want to reduce your AoE? Close combat is perfect because it has the same AoE as BS. You do most of your damage while you're in the storms.
Empire's grasp means you won't be using Maligaro's so you'll need to get a lot of crit multi. You don't need the Lion's to clear, you need it for bosses anyway.
"
Diomhdhs_o_Argeios a écrit :
"

Do you really want to reduce your AoE? Close combat is perfect because it has the same AoE as BS. You do most of your damage while you're in the storms.
Empire's grasp means you won't be using Maligaro's so you'll need to get a lot of crit multi. You don't need the Lion's to clear, you need it for bosses anyway.

Is Maligaro's really worth it? Without it the build has 225% crit multi IF you have absolutely 0 crit multi on any gear. So Maligaro's boosts it by 75%, less if you have crit multi on some of your gear. That's not that hard to get and not THAT much damage.. With Maligaro's you also can't go over 300.

And it has no life or other stats except 5% attack speed..
Currently lvl 77 and I have 5k life and roughly 20-25k tooltip dps with all buffs. I only run a 5l so it will be 50% more with Brutality later.

Still, the build feels low damage. Sometimes it takes 5-10 sandstorms to kill a rare enemy 10 levels lower than me.. Is this how it's suppoosed to be? Bossing is actually kinda OK in Blood stance, the clearspeed just feels meh.

I think I made my char public but idk if it's visible yet. I dual wield Rigwald's and Scaeva.

Defense is good, I'm up to 80% block chance and could go higher. I haven't died since act 1.
All right, my character should be public now!

If you notice any veyr obvious improvements that can be made without investing too much (<1 ex total) please let me know.

I could boost my crit multi from 225 to 300 with maligaro's but it would come at the cost of regular damage, life and resists.. Not sure if it's worth it.

I am following your tree pretty much 1:1, the only difference so far is that I picked the 3 nodes at Bladedancer because they seemed to be good value for just 3 skill points. I'm curious about the effectiveness of Twin Terrors, 115% global crit chance is pretty nice.

Any suggestions? :) Perhaps also regarding skill setups. I picked Ancestral Protector over Warchief for the speed, not sure if it's the best decision.
Dernière édition par Tr0gledyte, le 1 mai 2021 18:14:07
Not sure how you come up with 225 crit multi without Maligaro's. I have 150 without them. If indeed you have 225 then you can try rare gloves although Maligaro's also give you some crit chance.

There are a lot of things you can do. First of all get a 6L, switch to Impale, use both totems (vaal warchief and protector), level your gems (you even have a level 4 in there), get a better amulet and anoint it. When you've taken all the block nodes get a rare sword. Lots of room for improvement.
Dernière édition par Diomhdhs_o_Argeios, le 1 mai 2021 19:35:20

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires