RIP POE for players like me :(

"

As I said - I'm not a top tier player (as many arent). I dont enjoy the stress of bossing - I dont have the PC/internet for top bossing - I dont have the reflexes and hate having to learn each boss's mechanics.

I have some characters who clear maps at mid speed - some clear maps at high speed - some are good to do Uber Lab - Some can do elder and guardians.

Not all of us build characters to be boss killers or to be able to afk bosses - some of us build characters to see if we can make skills or items work for us. We dont expect the moon and are happy if eg our toons can clear red maps.

But how can I level up eg bower characters who can clear maps by keeping mobs at a distance - when I am ambushed by melee tank Betrayal bosses?

Use some common sense - Archers IRL do massive damage AT A DISTANCE - they usually only wear leather and are not heavily muscled. If an armoured knight ambushed an archer at melee range - an archer would be dead. This is what happens with the ambush part of Betrayal.

Most of use playing POE are not top tier players who have awesome gear - awesome reflexes and awesome knowledge of boss mechanics - But many of us are competent to build workable characters that can take on some aspect of the game we want.

Yes tanks can deal with the Betrayal ambush - But bowers and other characters who need levels (without losing exp from Betrayal deaths) for dps and life - cant.

Its not our lack of skill building characters - its GGG introducing bosses that ambush characters that we have no choice about.

GGG states it has built a game so players have CHOICE - the Betrayal ambush mob takes that choice away as it means we have to build tanks - many of us dont just want to play tanks or follow a guide (which often involves items costing numerous exalts)

Thank you for writing this, it basically states everything I've tried to make clear over and over... and over again in other threats while people bash on the comments.

I don't know why it's so hard for long-standing players to see that not everyone is a seasoned veteran in PoE, or rather some don't even want to be.
I got enough people who aren't playing the game as a maniac (like I personally do), clearly seeing the difference. Also, I'm surely not the 'norm' which exists, and there's also people playing longer, having better reflexes, a more in-depth knowledge of the game mechanic and so on. It goes both ways after all.

Punishing the player-base who isn't that 'top-tier' though is a really bad idea. It might be a build-up for 4.0.0, but even then... it could be implemented in another way until then, when it becomes sensible and feels proper.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
I hate this betrayal thingy too and I wished it wasn't in the core game or at least optional like most other league leftovers.

For me it's just not fun to get ambushed and insta-killed.

I hope that a lot more players will let GGG know that they are not happy with betrayal being in the core game. Maybe that will make them think about their decision again.

¡Make this betrayal-bs optional please!
"
Nomancs a écrit :
"

I would play POE to escape/relax and loved making my own builds.

Hi there.
I'm surprised noone wrote this here before, but 99% homemade builds will not work. It requires deep knowdlegde of game mechanics, passive tree and items (I don't think I remember more than 10% uniques, not to mention their stat values). Also, most of the builds posted on forum are either weak or don't work. I got friends who msg me "this build is horrible, game is unplayeable!" and when I check their choice, i find out the build is either outdated, not tested, or author write "I feel that this build is great, but I havn't been able to do uber Izaro with it yet".

Path of Exile is not casual friendly. Sure, you can do whatever you want, but be aware that not everything will work - for that you can blame only yourself. It is like wanting to be an artist, beeing horrible at painting and wondering why people don't want to buy it. It is like going to a court against giant corpo and refusing a lawyer saying "I've seen Suits TV series, I will be fine on my own".

"

Not all builds are tanks though to survive the Betrayal ambushes.

Yes, but playing this kind of build is your choice. Adapt. Change uniques, aruas, or maybe take few passives to leech/def/dmg reduction/regen - there are many layers of protection for any class. You want to play glass cannon? Cool, so make sure you can one shoot syndicate members before they get to you.

I've seen a build that did uber elder on afk - this game is easier every league. I know you want this game easier, but it already is easy, I'm not a top player, but I did uber elder just after 2 weeks of the league start.
I recommend picking well tested build, or, if you really need to make your own, ask experienced build makers for help (I'm NOT that person).

I'm really sorry for my english, it isn't my native language, I'm working on it, but I am making a lot of grammar mistakes. Thanks!

funny when you say homemade builds dont work most of the time....
i never copied a build and never failed for last 5-6 leagues.
when you understand the game your own build will simply look a lot like most copied builds.

there are certain thresholds you have to reach to make build work and these pretty much determine the path.

there is no magic involed in creating working builds,just a basic knowledge of the game.
"
ciel289 a écrit :

there is no magic involed in creating working builds,just a basic knowledge of the game.

can we copy this and give as a warning before someone opens a complaining thread.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"

But how can I level up eg bower characters who can clear maps by keeping mobs at a distance - when I am ambushed by melee tank Betrayal bosses?

I'd say - pure breachstones are insane exp, but I don't know how that works in standard (is it popular or not etc). You can also use blink arrow to build up some distance. I've played bow MF builds and they were easiest to level up.

"

Use some common sense - Archers IRL do massive damage AT A DISTANCE - they usually only wear leather and are not heavily muscled. If an armoured knight ambushed an archer at melee range - an archer would be dead. This is what happens with the ambush part of Betrayal.

About real life, my common sense says that archers "played" in group with melee, other archers, and chivalry (or just stayed on walls). Not to mention, that they were really heavily muscled - "Estimates for the draw of these bows varies considerably. Before the recovery of the Mary Rose, Count M. Mildmay Stayner, Recorder of the British Long Bow Society, estimated the bows of the Medieval period drew 90–110 pounds-force"
But remember, this is computer game, not based on reality.

"

But many of us are competent to build workable characters that can take on some aspect of the game we want.

I'm really sorry, but no.

"

Yes tanks can deal with the Betrayal ambush - But bowers and other characters who need levels (without losing exp from Betrayal deaths) for dps and life - cant.

Bowers are one of the easiest classes in game I have played with so far. They don't need levels that much to shine.

"

Its not our lack of skill building characters - its GGG introducing content of bosses who ambush characters that we have no choice about.
"

Basically all GGG has to do is keep the other 3 Betrayal encounters and remove the ambushing mob - so the game is again about CHOICE and build diversity.

So you want GGG to make the game even easier than it is now? The game is already too easy. It should have been hard.

I don't know how to explain it but the game IS easy. Archers are really easy to play with, and leveling since betrayal is hilarious. Just fix your build, or buy better items for few chaos orbs - it is that simple.

"
ciel289 a écrit :

True, but most of them think they do have enough knowledge;) I don't :P
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Dernière édition par Nomancs, le 29 mars 2019 19:08:29
Intervention was irritating in betrayal league and it remains irritating in this league as well. I really hate that it went core. Really wish they would give us the option to opt in or out instead of forcing it down our throats.
"
Nomancs a écrit :

So you want GGG to make the game even easier than it is now? The game is already too easy. It should have been hard.

I don't know how to explain it but the game IS easy. Archers are really easy to play with, and leveling since betrayal is hilarious. Just fix your build, or buy better items for few chaos orbs - it is that simple.

Is that a solution though? Don't play melee, play only bow-characters or casters? That's not really fun at all. Also it won't change the fact that any character not yet build to kill them in literally a second will struggle to survive, some of their combinations are just unfair.

It's not about making it easier or harder here, it's about making proper content for proper power-levels. One-shotting shaper is dumb enough (which can be done), and being 1-shot through pure bad luck isn't fun either, it trivializes the game.

Yes, PoE got easy, if you're - like me - playing a meta-build. Go away from that and try to have fun, you'll be frustrated beyond end because a lot of mechanics are just outdated and not up to par for the momentary content. Hence we need it adapted until those things sometimes happen.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
"
Kulze a écrit :

Is that a solution though? Don't play melee, play only bow-characters or casters? That's not really fun at all.

How did you come up with that? How, where did I wrote that? Why you're putting not my words into my mouth? I mean, wut?!

"
Kulze a écrit :

being 1-shot through pure bad luck isn't fun either

Uber Elder or Uber Atziri can 1-shot me if I fail to move correctly, shall it be nerfed too? There are some creatures in Wraeclast that want to kill you. You can't feel safe - this is PoE. If you're looking for safe, relaxed gameplay, in Diablo 3 you don't lose exp. I'm not sure if "casual, relaxed gameplay" fit to PoE philosophy.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Very interesting discussion going on and reading all of this there is just one thing on my mind...

Bowers?!?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Dernière édition par Fatel_Femme, le 23 janv. 2020 14:12:31

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires