RIP POE for players like me :(

Dernière édition par Fatel_Femme, le 23 janv. 2020 14:14:27
"
If you think my opinion has no value because of what I have spent on POE

The amount of money is not an issue...
Saying you've spent '100s' when your badges speak to the contrary does!
I'm completely for the complete removal of Betrayal. I'm not saying they are impossible to deal with, but they are now the hardest content you are FORCED to deal with regularly while doing what you are supposed to do, maps.

Their damage in the right conditions, being at or beyond what most bosses deal, makes this mechanics completely broken and as OP says, it puts off people like him and me who do not enjoy bossing. If I want to sit on the edge of my seat, I'll go Uber Atziri myself, by choice.

Beyond and Breach have bosses, but they are few and far between and can be easily avoided if need be. Betrayal cannot be avoided, it comes and you can forget about that fun build you had planned that may not be fully optimised on all sides, because, you got it buddy, that's dead now.

It feels unfair, completely unfair sometimes and that's a mood killer extraordinaire.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Dernière édition par Xavathos, le 25 mars 2019 06:08:08
"
Cyzax a écrit :
"

You do realize that you can buy points too right, not just packs?
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
Xavathos a écrit :
I'm completely for the complete removal of Betrayal. I'm not saying they are impossible to deal with, but they are now the hardest content you are FORCED to deal with regularly while doing what you are supposed to do, maps.

Their damage in the right conditions, being at or beyond what most bosses deal, makes this mechanics completely broken and as OP says, it puts off people like him and me who do not enjoy bossing. If I want to sit on the edge of my seat, I'll go Uber Atziri myself, by choice.

Beyond and Breach have bosses, but they are few and far between and can be easily avoided if need be. Betrayal cannot be avoided, it comes and you can forget about that fun build you had planned that may not be fully optimised on all sides, because, you got it buddy, that's dead now.

It feels unfair, completely unfair sometimes and that's a mood killer extraordinaire.

+1

During the league itself, players were able to stop the beyond encounters by not doing a research encounter. This new bullshit that spawns 3 different types (with an invasion encounter being a must) is just retarded (i.e. even more retarded than betrayal league was, and that was pretty retarded).

2 betrayal bosses on my 67 level character that just started mapping, on the second map? Basically one-shotting me in a clusterfuck of spawned mobs with 0 visibility (was the same during the league, multiple fixes didn't help)?

I've got 3 other games that I want to play and this is without counting Sekiro. How exactly does the above justify casually spending time on PoE? When the game just does not let you play it casually?
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
Dernière édition par Frostride, le 25 mars 2019 07:16:55
"
Cyzax a écrit :
"

Come on now, as if you'd get a badge for every single purchase...

I have 70+ stash tabs and other MTXs, but the only badge you'll see on me is the Sunspire one. Generally I'm willing to believe people's claims unless they sound completely ridiculous ("I created 5 uniques but I don't feel like proving it").
"
Cyzax a écrit :
"

Just stop with this nonsense already, please.
I have bought so many points before packs were even a thing. That is still possible, you know.
AND you can selectivelly hide packs on top of it as far as I know (~I do).

Just... don't.
"
Paldamus a écrit :
You do realize that you can buy points too right, not just packs?

True, but I can't see many actually doing so to any great extent when the better offers (packs) are available... at least not spending 5-10x as much on points than on packs.
"
Frostride a écrit :
"
Xavathos a écrit :

+1

During the league itself, players were able to stop the beyond encounters by not doing a research encounter. This new bullshit that spawns 3 different types (with an invasion encounter being a must) is just retarded (i.e. even more retarded than betrayal league was, and that was pretty retarded).

2 betrayal bosses on my 67 level character that just started mapping, on the second map? Basically one-shotting me in a clusterfuck of spawned mobs with 0 visibility (was the same during the league, multiple fixes didn't help)?

I've got 3 other games that I want to play and this is without counting Sekiro. How exactly does the above justify casually spending time on PoE? When the game just does not let you play it casually?

During Betrayal league, things were even rippier than they are now and yet I was advocating against changing it and here I am now, requesting it to be removed. I realise it may come across as being fickle, but there is a reason for my opinions both then and now.

In a challenge league, I don't mind the league mechanic to be extremely hard, unfair or whatnot. Simply because, that's the nature of a challenge league. You want to participate? You make the best build capable of doing whatever the challenge includes, much like those who made the very intricate Delve builds. The harder, the better imo, so that it's a true challenge.

HOWEVER, when something gets added to the core game, it needs to be balanced accordingly and should only add to the experience, not take from it.

When they included Betrayal to the core experience, they did exactly that, add it to the very core, the heart of PoE end-game, maps, quite frequently too and it has been taking from the experience as whole ever since. The whole concept of "just make a Jugg to tank it all" no longer applies when it's there now, every league going forward, forever, in every map you do, on any build you may choose to play or need to play.

Because make no mistake, when they release more leagues that require speed builds, squishy… speed builds, Betrayal is going to piss off a lot of players. It's ripfest 2019 right now on my friendlist. I've even died twice already on my Trickster and my gear is quite good and build is very defensive. I play SC like most play HC, so I rarely die. Well, that's no longer true now and it bugs me a lot.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Dernière édition par Xavathos, le 25 mars 2019 08:08:50
Dernière édition par Fatel_Femme, le 23 janv. 2020 14:14:46

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires