Gender choice

"
KiwiGivl a écrit :

"You play the character you select from a specific point in time (post exile). From then on, the character IS yours to do with as you wish (this is good storytelling), but the character is NOT yours beforehand, nor is their backstory yours to make."

And that is the way the game has been from the start. I will oppose any change to this model as it changes the fundamental of this game.

"Changes the fundamentals of the game"? I don't think you know what the fundamentals of this game are. Here's a hint - how different would the game be if every character had been gender-swapped from the start of their creation? Answer: not at all. It wouldn't make a difference to the gameplay at all. It's entirely cosmetic.

"
Also, changing the Templar to female, for example, changes the feeling of that character. No longer are you a strong old man in both faith and physique, but you are a whatever alternative there is. This does not work, because templar has balance regarding what makes since for him as that role. Templar has no agility stuff, but he has staff, spell, shield, and whatever fits that character (strong in faith and physique), which aren't female tropes.

As opposed to, say, Maramoa in act 3, who carries a big fuck-off beatstick and is a gigantic amazon. "Not female tropes"? C'maaaan, never heard of Wonder Woman or She-Hulk or that one Futurama episode or literally any incarnation of the Amazons in pop culture?

"
In that same line of logic, it makes no since for there to be a marauder woman. Marauder is all about big shields, big armour, and big weapons. Innately promoting withing the game something like a loli holding a massive 2-h sword (Yes, an exaggeration, but lets be real, a woman with a 2-h makes less since than a man with a 2-h. Don't believe me, look at history.) takes away from the serious and grim nature of the game.

This is a character who exists in this game's world and has since the beta release. Here's another:

Like the Marauder, they're both Karui, a folk known in no small part for their badass amazonian warrior women. If you think that a hypothetical female marauder would look like "a loli holding a massive 2-h sword", I don't really know what to tell you. Although, hey, speaking of which...

A "loli holding a massive 2-h sword" - a two-handed sword explcitly designed for said "loli" and oh wow the more I say that when talking about a grown woman the more gross I feel. Yikes.

Honestly, this whole thing just feels woefully regressive. "Women can do X, men can do Y, tropes define destiny". The game's own internal design directly goes against what you're saying in so many ways. It's nonsense. Even your argument about 2H swords doesn't really apply. Every class can do anything, albeit some better than others. We see marauder casters all the time. The reason you don't see witches (or Rangers, or Scions) playing 2H swords is because 2H swords just suck in general, so nobody is going to make a witch build which travels to pick up those nodes.

---

Charan (as usual) has some sensible things to say about it, and it's totally understandable given their problems with voice actors that GGG might not want to do this. But jesus, these are bad reasons for that.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires