Gender choice

"
Jennik a écrit :
"
Godling a écrit :
This whole thread is a manifestation of rampant SJW extremism and zealotry delivering a demand expressed as no-compromise entitlement.

I just vomited. Thanks.

I hope you vomited at the entitlement being expressed here. If you condone this perspective of gender choice in all games you're part of the problem and not part of the solution. Expecting gender choice in all games is a bad thing and you should feel bad if you also "expect" it. (edit: rephrased and changed "want it" to "expect it" to reflect the my comments opening choice of words because there is nothing wrong with wanting gender choice. There is, however, something wrong with believing it should always be included... source material be damned.)
Dernière édition par Godling, le 23 mars 2019 00:07:04
"
Godling a écrit :
"
Jennik a écrit :
"
Godling a écrit :
This whole thread is a manifestation of rampant SJW extremism and zealotry delivering a demand expressed as no-compromise entitlement.

I just vomited. Thanks.

I hope you vomited at the entitlement being expressed here. If you condone this perspective of gender choice in all games you're part of the problem and not part of the solution. Expecting gender choice in all games is a bad thing and you should feel bad if you also "expect" it. (edit: rephrased and changed "want it" to "expect it" to reflect the my comments opening choice of words because there is nothing wrong with wanting gender choice. There is, however, something wrong with believing it should always be included... source material be damned.)

I am quite confident in saying that he vomited at crazy people seeing SJW agendas everywhere.
There may be a lot of entitlement going on in this thread, but linking it in any way to an SJW agenda is an insane leap that warrants questioning your own agenda.
What is being requested in this thread is akin to asking to be able to change the character's face or hair.
Male Shadow (trickster) is probably best caster in the game at the moment.

Male Assassin and Male Inquisitor are not bad either but both wrestle with defenses unlike trickster/occultist.

Anyway point is you can play male or female and end up optimal

Your list is crap.

Here is real deal what people are playing.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds
Git R Dun!
Dernière édition par Aim_Deep, le 23 mars 2019 16:04:29
So two things, both already said by GGG elsewhere (find your own damn links).

1. They like the identities of the classes they have built, and the class's gender is part of that identity.

2. The cost of redoing every single animation for both genders and getting more VA done for everything, is not worth it to GGG.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"

I am quite confident in saying that he vomited at crazy people seeing SJW agendas everywhere.
There may be a lot of entitlement going on in this thread, but linking it in any way to an SJW agenda is an insane leap that warrants questioning your own agenda.
What is being requested in this thread is akin to asking to be able to change the character's face or hair.

That's pretty much how I feel about this. I'm nowhere near a leftist and I also don't need all classes playable as both male and female. But that some people are willing to jump at anything at this point that mentions the word "gender" and cry out SJW reeks of desperation.

Hell, this game let's males wear veils, diadems and dresses and we have butterfly wings mtx now. Butterfly! I think we're way past the point where a male witcher or female marauder would make a lick of a difference.

But I'm cool with whatever GGGs stance on this is, cause I don't really play this game for immersion anyway.
"
MoarStuff a écrit :
"

That's pretty much how I feel about this. I'm nowhere near a leftist and I also don't need all classes playable as both male and female. But that some people are willing to jump at anything at this point that mentions the word "gender" and cry out SJW reeks of desperation.

Hell, this game let's males wear veils, diadems and dresses and we have butterfly wings mtx now. Butterfly! I think we're way past the point where a male witcher or female marauder would make a lick of a difference.

But I'm cool with whatever GGGs stance on this is, cause I don't really play this game for immersion anyway.

the thing is,

-asking for gender choices is fine
-not wanting geder choices is fine
-screaming SJW or Whiteknight as soon as you dont agree with something is not fine
I mean since there are two genders, why not give players a choice?
There are characters in game belonging to player class but of the opposite sex.
D2 Necromancer was my favourite class, but I don't want to play female on POE offers me.
Gender option should be a thing.
Worth noting the financial constraints are getting less of an issue right now and that we know new character models are being created for the game.

It's not impossible gender swaps get implemented (as I see it, the issue is character models and a few lines of custom dialogue).

An alternate solution would be to support extra character archetypes (like melee witch).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
DuALsTRIKE a écrit :
"
Godling a écrit :
"
AezurX a écrit :
Players should be able to customize their avatar in game, only outdated games lock you with genrder.

The way this is phrased makes this a clear cut case, imo, of entitlement.

No... players should not always be allowed to set their gender. Devs/artists should be allowed to make a game the way they wish to express themselves artistically. Claiming players "should" have a choice ignores the creators own desires and choices to make a game the way "they" want. This whole thread is a manifestation of rampant SJW extremism and zealotry delivering a demand expressed as no-compromise entitlement.

Thank you. Glad there are sensible people on these forums. :-)

Grabbed all 3 quotes because this sums it up.

The players aren't playing their own character in this game. You play the character you select from a specific point in time (post exile). From then on, the character IS yours to do with as you wish (this is good storytelling), but the character is NOT yours beforehand, nor is their backstory yours to make.

Not every game needs gender crap in it. I like the class identity and inability to change the character models. It adds to the lore and story of the system. If you don't like it, or find it game breaking (LuL), go play a different game and stop trying to violate mine.

"only outdated games lock you with gender"... If this is your opinion, just stop playing and find something "in date."
"
KiwiGivl a écrit :
Not every game needs gender crap in it. I like the class identity and inability to change the character models. It adds to the lore and story of the system. If you don't like it, or find it game breaking (LuL), go play a different game and stop trying to violate mine.
Even if for some reason you feel that the characters’ gender is vital to who they are (I don’t understand that at all - if my Templar was a woman it would change nothing about their lines etc - but hey, whatever), we should note that ultimately, people aren’t really asking to be able to change the character models, they’re asking to be able to play as characters of a different gender. It’s not like Oriath only ever exiled these seven specific people; there can be others. I mean personally I think if the game can survive having what you would presumably see as multiple unexplained mirror-image copies of the exact same person join a party to complete tasks, it can survive gender-swapped characters just as well, but if that’s not palatable then simply think of them as different characters.

As for “if you don’t like it, find a different game”, that’s a pretty silly sentiment in a suggestions forum, which specifically exists so people can propose changing (sorry, sorry - “violating”) the game.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires