Gender choice

"
DuALsTRIKE a écrit :
Sorry, but just because it is 2019 or 2050 doesn't mean every game needs to jump on a SJW bandwagon to suit your political views.

How did you come to the conclusion that he was trying to jump on an SJW bandwagon, when he simply stated that he'd like to play a male character on a specific class?
Doesn't that tell a lot more about your own political views than his?
character gender lock is not the only rudimental "feature" that this game has.

i think it has something to do with diablo 2, where the same thing is present for no rational reason. same thing with storyline "acts" that you cant skip. poe religiously copying everything from d2 without actually asking is it good or bad, with some improvements here and there, dont forget its just a d2 clone.

if you would told me that 2019 arpg games can have gender lock or non-skippable storyline, no way i would believe this back in early 2000's, thats just the sign that the genre is absolutely dead.

if somebody will come up with true new arpg without all this rudimental trash, that will be huge success. d3 tried new things, d3 ros is near-perfect, but is dead because abandoned, because activision influenced blizzard so their lose their confidence and cancelled their second expansion.

i highlighted all this so you can get the picture why situation is like this. so, here we are. in 2019, playing the game with gender lock, with non-skippable storyline.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Dernière édition par Tainted_Fate, le 22 mars 2019 08:00:53
I'm not sure how much I'd pay for it (really, not much) but a gender swap MTX would be cool. Can you imagine she shadow's quick wit as a woman? Or playing as an amazonian Karui Marauder like Maramoa? Or the Witch's hatred for life as... I'm just going to say "Legally Distinct From Severus Snape"?

It is a fair amount of work (there's a lot of voice lines in this game, probably including NPC responses to characters that reference gender), but hardly an impossible job... if there's demand.

(Full disclosure: I've largely avoided buying MTX because most of it feels very pricy for what it is. When I want to support the game I buy stash tabs/guild stash tabs. I'd drop a fiver on a gender swap MTX, not a 20. Given what I see in town I assume this is very much a minority viewpoint.)

---

Oh, and by the way...

"
DuALsTRIKE a écrit :
SJW

If you read this word unironically in a response to your post, the correct answer is to nod, ignore the person who said it, and rest assured in the knowledge that you're missing nothing of value. Yikes.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Dernière édition par Budget_player_cadet, le 22 mars 2019 08:46:30
Players should be able to customize their avatar in game, only outdated games lock you with genrder. All populat games learned from that and allowed it in their sequels.

Most blatant cases of games I like
diablo 3 from diablo 2
grim dawn also inspired by diablo 2
torchlight 2 from torchlight

Btw even from the developer standpoint, blizzard has been raking in big bucks just with their gender change option in WOW for YEARS NOW. (15 bucks per change)

Their punchline:
Things change, people change, hairstyles change, interest rates fluctuate… if you’re tired of always wearing a full plate helmet to hide your original character appearance choices, then appearance change is for you! Think of it like the kind of simple do-over people wished existed in real life. Appearance change lets you redo the look and even the gender of one of your characters.

free to play mmos should learn from the "best" (most profitable) pay to play mmo
> Playing as a woman ruins the immersion because you can't relate to your character
> Plays an old man who never wears pants instead

:thinking:
"
AezurX a écrit :
Players should be able to customize their avatar in game, only outdated games lock you with genrder.

The way this is phrased makes this a clear cut case, imo, of entitlement.

No... players should not always be allowed to set their gender. Devs/artists should be allowed to make a game the way they wish to express themselves artistically. Claiming players "should" have a choice ignores the creators own desires and choices to make a game the way "they" want. This whole thread is a manifestation of rampant SJW extremism and zealotry delivering a demand expressed as no-compromise entitlement.
Who actually cares about such nonsence in ARPG??? Someone call a doctor!
"
Godling a écrit :
"
AezurX a écrit :
Players should be able to customize their avatar in game, only outdated games lock you with genrder.

The way this is phrased makes this a clear cut case, imo, of entitlement.

No... players should not always be allowed to set their gender. Devs/artists should be allowed to make a game the way they wish to express themselves artistically. Claiming players "should" have a choice ignores the creators own desires and choices to make a game the way "they" want. This whole thread is a manifestation of rampant SJW extremism and zealotry delivering a demand expressed as no-compromise entitlement.

Thank you. Glad there are sensible people on these forums. :-)
While I wouldn't be opposed to there being more character options, I don't consider it a priority over gameplay stuff by any means. Now if you can convince the mtx team that there would be more money to be made by working on this sort of content than on shiny new gear, cool--but if not, then the art team should be expected to work on the stuff that will bring in the money that keeps the game going.
"
Godling a écrit :
This whole thread is a manifestation of rampant SJW extremism and zealotry delivering a demand expressed as no-compromise entitlement.

I just vomited. Thanks.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires