[3.10] HOLY FLAME TOTEM, MARAUDER - CHIEFTAIN / BUDGET FRIENDLY - 5.3 MIL DPS [ ALL CONTENT ]

Hi, looks good and seems good to play so far except I die a lot. I notice there is hardly any armour or evasion so just wondering how you guys manage to survive?

You aim for high resists which suggests you allow for elemental hits but don't care about physical ones.

I feel this may be a ground breaking answer for me if anyone is kind enough to share. (could be my playstyle wrong here so explanation would be good).

EDIT:
Ok, I think I am beginning to get the idea - you don't care about possible damage taken as you nuke the mobs soooo fast. But if that is the case - what is the point of bothering with all the life/resists I see on POB links. Still a little confused but also still having a lot of fun with this build. I killed Abaxoth! (Just one death T8 Cemetery).

Could someone explain why the need for the resists/life or any energy shield etc if your intent is to blow the **** out of things b4 they get to you.
Dernière édition par Branir, le 21 mai 2019 08:11:18
You don't die because you are free to manually move-dodge all hits - once upon a time, when crit daggers were a thing - we used whiriling blades to dodge away from dmg., now it's this stupid 3 times only flame dash ):
Also a flask or two can help (:
thanks for reply. Been practicing and slowly converting from a more armour based build into this one. Today I managed to 6link my infernal mantle (SSF) and WOW. I love this build. Been testing on delve - umm, looks like I gotta lot more practice to do there, but yeah I gettit now. Thank you for this build, opened up my eyes to more of POE than b4. It means the game is now harder in some repect, all that dodging etc, but it also means I am learning and in cases benefitting from mechanics of bosses etc. Overall a far more engaging experience which suits me well at the moment. Late night here so sorry for any typos and one long paragraph and thanks once again for build+guide+all you others with forum comments!
This build looks really awesome.

But I have a question that can be a bit silly....
Can I use Doedre skin as my main armor?
So I can deal less fire damage but can summon the totems and effigy almost at the same time.

I once got that armor, but it has occupied too much stash space.
Besides, Occultists specialize in curses do not interest me really.
Wearing doedre armor will restrict my weapon to a staff (for instance searing touch)
but that's okay to me. what do you think?

PS-I even use QotF as my Trickster's armor. It seems some classes can be played with any gear...
Dernière édition par MacawLover, le 25 mai 2019 04:49:24
Great build!! Loving burning things.

I have a question about Vaal Haste though. Vaal skills don’t trigger as the game won’t know which version you want to use with cwdt. Why is it linked so? Or does it even necessarily need to be linked to cwdt?
Played this build all league and just wanted to say thanks, had a blast! :)
Can't wait for 3.7 changes! This only gets stronger as we'll get free endurance charges. Might want to consider different body armor then, or maybe the Flameless Inferno.
"
pandamoniumhun a écrit :
Played this build all league and just wanted to say thanks, had a blast! :)

Hi man!

Glad that you liked it, its now updated to 3.7!! :D

GL

Regards, Mrseanconnor
"
MolotKing a écrit :
Thank you very much for such a guide. I also play through totems - I would like to hear tips on improving items and possibly talents from more experienced players. Thank you in advance.

Hi!

I have now updated the build for 3.7!

Regards, Mrseanconnor
"
Branir a écrit :
Hi, looks good and seems good to play so far except I die a lot. I notice there is hardly any armour or evasion so just wondering how you guys manage to survive?

You aim for high resists which suggests you allow for elemental hits but don't care about physical ones.

I feel this may be a ground breaking answer for me if anyone is kind enough to share. (could be my playstyle wrong here so explanation would be good).

EDIT:
Ok, I think I am beginning to get the idea - you don't care about possible damage taken as you nuke the mobs soooo fast. But if that is the case - what is the point of bothering with all the life/resists I see on POB links. Still a little confused but also still having a lot of fun with this build. I killed Abaxoth! (Just one death T8 Cemetery).

Could someone explain why the need for the resists/life or any energy shield etc if your intent is to blow the **** out of things b4 they get to you.

Hi man!

Its just as other poeple say, the playstyle for dodging and stay behind totems is rly important.
I could run with 8+ mods on t16 maps and didnt die becouse i know when to dodge and when i need to run back and so on and on...

Its a defensive playstyle with totem builds, just try not to be to fast becouse then you will die.

I could run uber elder and shaper without dying if im doing the playstyle correct :)

If you have any questions about the 3.7 update just reach my livestream link in the build guide.

Regards, Mrseanconnor

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires