Stress Free PoE| HOLY RIGHTEOUS FIRE |ANY Items Work|Easy/Relaxing Play|Easily Clears the Atlas[3.6]

"
Calibix84 a écrit :
Faster casting is a better option than infused or fire pen considering quality. It also seems like a QoL upgrade so I'm using it in my 5 link currently. Wish I would have swapped sooner as leveling was painfully slow with totem only. Once RF went on, leveling was a breeze.

Enjoying the build as I am entering maps. My only concern is single target dps is low. Hoping this sorts itself out with skill points, gem level, and quality. Hoping to clear Uber elder on my starter build as I wasted a lot of time and currency trying last league (tbf it was my first real league).

@OP Given your condition, you should consider a Herald of agony build. Few button presses, cheap to start but can scale well, scorpion buddy does the heavy lifting.
I agree with your first paragraph. The Totem was pretty slow until I got it in a 4 link.

To answer your question, I tried Herald of Agony last league. It was pretty tiring on PC as the melee version still required specific button aiming on enemies. The bow version was a little easier for aiming but required way more clicking. But you know what made me not like HoA no matter my skill? It's idiocy. As a primarily ranged minion it tried to hit enemies through walls and doors that it couldn't pierce all the time. Sometimes it'd be caught up on an enemy so far back that I'd be on my own for too long. When it's your ONLY and PRIMARY minion, that wasn't reliable enough for me.

Good question though and I appreciate the thoughtfulness in the suggestion.

I'm glad you're enjoying this build. Thanks for taking the time to post :-).

Oh, and if the Totem doesn't do enough damage for you, try Purifying Flame self-casted, or on a spell totem. It has the same idea of physical damage conversion and Consecrated Ground.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
nicki_1911 a écrit :
I will try to tweak this build in a way so it includes 1 additional curse. The 2 curses I want to apply are

- flammability
- elemental weakness

As far as I understood they should stack.

Moreover I want to include Elemental Equilibrium for even more -50% resists and scorching ray for another elemental debuff.

It SHOULD work by doing these changes:

1) Choose elemental equilibrium in passive tree

2) Replace Holy Flame Totem by Searing Bond

3) Use Balefire as weapon for scorching ray level 25 for debuff

4) Add 2nd curse for further elemental debuff

Searing Bond does not hit therefore when we use SR, RF and SB nothing will hit aside of our lightning skills. This will make sure Elemental Equilibrium is triggered by lightning for the nice 50% debuff on fire.

I want to include into 5 Link chest following gems

- CWDT (Level 1)
- Orb of Storms (Level 10)
- Increased Critical Strike Support
- Curse on Hit Support
- Elemental Weakness

This will free up gloves AND weapon.

In the gloves I will place setup for 2nd curse (cwdt and curse on hit).
In the wepon I will place Searing Bond with 2 support gems rapid decay and elemental focus or multiple totems, not sure there yet.

Playstile:

Left Mouse: Scorching Ray
Middle Mouse: Enduring Cry (in case charges are about to vanish)
Right Mouse: Searing Bond

This should be quite interesting. I think that the MASSIVE elemental debuff will make up for lost dmg on holy flame totem. At least that's what I hope ;)

Please let me know what you think about this guys :)

That sounds great! I can't bring up PoB to check the theory details, but it sounds good! Just remember that characters are limited to only one curse and one totem unless you've acquired an increase to the limit via the Passive Tree or gear. If that accounted for, let us know how it goes!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
reinaldo1409 a écrit :
I want to use scorching ray, any advising when i put in a gear(setup to replace), tips for link supp?
Im LVLUP with this build, but i gonna delete and restart from zero again. I love it, any tips for leveling gear too, i appreciated. its my second league and i starting learn more and more reading this guide.
i try to be clear, my english its not very good

Hey!

Because Scorching Ray is a skill that requires you to stand still for a bit while it gets to max stacks, I'd make it your 6 link (replace Flame Totem) so that the wait is worth the damage dealt. You'd use the same links as RF plus Efficacy or Arcane Surge+Swift Affliction. I don't have any tools to let me know which is best at the moment.

The best way to level gear with this build is to put health first. Most of the support skills in the build are just bonus and don't need to be linked ..like the golem, Enduring Cry, Purity of Fire. So put health before links/sockets. You'll be able to easy put your supports on your gear.

Also don't get attached to gear. Keep replacing gear as better gear comes. Don't wait for the best gear, just keep upgrading slowly (or as it comes).

There are some tips for leveling and gear in my "newbie" section. Did you get a chance to read that? (I know I talk a lot so it's easy to glaze over.)

I hope that helped and that you're enjoying the game. Ask as much as you like! Your English is great.

Annnnnd

"
reinaldo1409 a écrit :
I want to use scorching ray, any advising when i put in a gear(setup to replace), tips for link supp?
Im LVLUP with this build, but i gonna delete and restart from zero again. I love it, any tips for leveling gear too, i appreciated. its my second league and i starting learn more and more reading this guide.

for leveling uniques check my post on page 6
I planned to use scorching ray with Balefire.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Balefire

With 20% increased Cast Speed, 3% of Maximum Life on Kill.
Dernière édition par Rhilnix, le 16 mars 2019 09:18:19
"
Rhilnix a écrit :
I planned to use scorching ray with Balefire.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Balefire

With 20% increased Cast Speed, 3% of Maximum Life on Kill.

yeah. balefire is great at the level you can equip it.
"
Wrecker_of_Days a écrit :
"
reinaldo1409 a écrit :

Hey!

Because Scorching Ray is a skill that requires you to stand still for a bit while it gets to max stacks, I'd make it your 6 link (replace Flame Totem) so that the wait is worth the damage dealt. You'd use the same links as RF plus Efficacy or Arcane Surge+Swift Affliction. I don't have any tools to let me know which is best at the moment.

The best way to level gear with this build is to put health first. Most of the support skills in the build are just bonus and don't need to be linked ..like the golem, Enduring Cry, Purity of Fire. So put health before links/sockets. You'll be able to easy put your supports on your gear.

Also don't get attached to gear. Keep replacing gear as better gear comes. Don't wait for the best gear, just keep upgrading slowly (or as it comes).

There are some tips for leveling and gear in my "newbie" section. Did you get a chance to read that? (I know I talk a lot so it's easy to glaze over.)

I hope that helped and that you're enjoying the game. Ask as much as you like! Your English is great.
TY VETY MUCH !!
"
"
Calibix84 a écrit :
Faster casting is a better option than infused or fire pen considering quality. It also seems like a QoL upgrade so I'm using it in my 5 link currently. Wish I would have swapped sooner as leveling was painfully slow with totem only. Once RF went on, leveling was a breeze.

Enjoying the build as I am entering maps. My only concern is single target dps is low. Hoping this sorts itself out with skill points, gem level, and quality. Hoping to clear Uber elder on my starter build as I wasted a lot of time and currency trying last league (tbf it was my first real league).

@OP Given your condition, you should consider a Herald of agony build. Few button presses, cheap to start but can scale well, scorpion buddy does the heavy lifting.
I agree with your first paragraph. The Totem was pretty slow until I got it in a 4 link.

To answer your question, I tried Herald of Agony last league. It was pretty tiring on PC as the melee version still required specific button aiming on enemies. The bow version was a little easier for aiming but required way more clicking. But you know what made me not like HoA no matter my skill? It's idiocy. As a primarily ranged minion it tried to hit enemies through walls and doors that it couldn't pierce all the time. Sometimes it'd be caught up on an enemy so far back that I'd be on my own for too long. When it's your ONLY and PRIMARY minion, that wasn't reliable enough for me.

Good question though and I appreciate the thoughtfulness in the suggestion.

I'm glad you're enjoying this build. Thanks for taking the time to post :-).

Oh, and if the Totem doesn't do enough damage for you, try Purifying Flame self-casted, or on a spell totem. It has the same idea of physical damage conversion and Consecrated Ground.

Were you using Convocation on your HoA build? I do agree scorpion buddy can be a bit clunky with low movement/attack speed but it gets much, much smoother with stats. I used a champ bow build and rarely had to hit more than RoA and phase run in maps so thought it might lend itself to your play style.

Purifying Flame is what I was looking at as well to try without completely changing the build. I want to try it regardless once I get gems to 20/20. My concerns about dps might be biased as the aforementioned HoA league starter has around ~1.5M in cheap gear and ~3.5M in expensive gear no BS shaper dps. Expensive PoB for validity:
https://pastebin.com/WTwWAHRW

If I wanted to combine Curse on hit setup with EO setup, what spell would you recommend for a 4L Curse on hit, (curse), Increased Crit, X spell setup? Fire damage obviously preferred :p
Dernière édition par Calibix84, le 17 mars 2019 21:29:02
- Balefire => Infused Channelling (strong defensive option and some damage) + Efficacy + iron will
I dislike Swift Affliction because of the difficulty to maximize it at lv 20 with proper dexterity stat.
And i am not sure Arcane surge is better or no than iron will.
May i use Arcane surge instead of Infused Channelling ?

- Iron will is a strong option but there is no good item for support it =>
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doon_Cuebiyari
We loose lv 25 Scorching Ray Skill.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Repentance
Need 306 int and 0 % reduced Spell Damage
Dernière édition par Rhilnix, le 18 mars 2019 02:36:51
"
Did you end up deciding already? What'd you choose?

Thank you for your respond and thanks to all who helped me.
Since PoE is broken on Xbox and the cheapest Kaoms Heart costs 4 ex, I have bought Belly of the beast since I needed to cap my Resis.

I am still using Kaom's Way Rings, but replaced my amulette with a yellow one who gives life, resi and fire damage. The bad side was, since PoE had a bad league start, I am done with this season and wont play any further.

If I am playing the next season, I will play this build again. It was really relaxing while watching movies on TV.
Dernière édition par Sencja, le 18 mars 2019 11:29:35

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires