Stress Free PoE| SLOW MO ZOMBIES |ANY Items Work|Easy/Relaxing Play|Easily Clears the Atlas [3.6]

"
seanmcg182 a écrit :
Noobish player here... why are we not level certain gems past certain levels?

Doesn't higher level = better?

Usually true! But in a few cases, leveling a gem can actually be counterproductive. The two specifics in this build are:

-- When linking gems to Cast when Damage Taken, you need to be careful that the gems stay below the level limit that's on the CwDT gem. You could level up CwDT itself, but if you do, then it takes a bigger hit against your personal self to set it off. You want the CwDT trigger to go off on a regular basis without needing to take big hits, so you don't want to level CwDT itself too high.

-- Charged Dash is a special case for this build. If you level up Charged Dash, it does more damage, but you need a lot of Dexterity. We don't really care about the damage being done by Charged Dash, since we're using it mostly to trigger Elemental Equilibrium and apply Enfeeble (via Curse on Hit). It's simpler for the build to just leave Charged Dash at a low level...less damage, but also less Dex needed.
"
ineffablebob a écrit :
"
seanmcg182 a écrit :
Noobish player here... why are we not level certain gems past certain levels?

Doesn't higher level = better?

Usually true! But in a few cases, leveling a gem can actually be counterproductive. The two specifics in this build are:

-- When linking gems to Cast when Damage Taken, you need to be careful that the gems stay below the level limit that's on the CwDT gem. You could level up CwDT itself, but if you do, then it takes a bigger hit against your personal self to set it off. You want the CwDT trigger to go off on a regular basis without needing to take big hits, so you don't want to level CwDT itself too high.

-- Charged Dash is a special case for this build. If you level up Charged Dash, it does more damage, but you need a lot of Dexterity. We don't really care about the damage being done by Charged Dash, since we're using it mostly to trigger Elemental Equilibrium and apply Enfeeble (via Curse on Hit). It's simpler for the build to just leave Charged Dash at a low level...less damage, but also less Dex needed.

Thanks, one more question... the recommended gear for this says to not use Wands? Why is that important? with the low str/dex of a witch, anything else is difficult to equip sometimes?

Just wondering what's bad about wants/better about other things?
"
seanmcg182 a écrit :
Thanks, one more question... the recommended gear for this says to not use Wands? Why is that important?

It's a restriction on Charged Dash...it doesn't work with wands. If you'd really like to use a wand, you could use Shield Charge instead. But then you'll 1) need to find some lightning damage on gear somewhere so you can trigger Elemental Equilibrium and 2) not be able to teleport over terrain obstacles.

Edit: Whoops, Shield Charge doesn't work with a wand either! Best just not to use one at all! I think you'll find that you can get sceptres that are just as good.
Dernière édition par ineffablebob, le 23 mars 2019 18:10:15
"
ineffablebob a écrit :
In retrospect it should have been pretty obvious, zombies have never survived big boss damage very well on my previous summoners.

So, I've been thinking about zombies in the endgame again, and decided I'd give them another try. Thought y'all might find the experiment interesting. Specifically, I figured I'd give The Baron a shot.

To use it effectively you need at least 1000 strength, so that means a lot of changes to the passive tree and gear to stack up strength. Unfortunately that means dropping pretty much all the curse bonuses. Over at this guide there's some good info about getting all that strength. But I still like much of what this build has, so I sort of merged the two. My passive tree and gearing is largely from that other guide, but from this one I kept Charged Dash-Fortify-Curse on Hit-Enfeeble, self-cast Concovation, and use of Vaal Skeletons. The playstyle on this hybrid is pretty much identical, just Charged Dash into things and occasionally use Convocation.

The good side of all this is that the zombies almost never die, so you don't need to mess about with skeletons. I've not done Shaper yet, but it's been fine on Elder stuff. The build is also much more resilient, because it has a ton of Energy Shield on top of your life. I feel like I have a lot more time to react to big hits, since they're taking out ES instead of big chunks of life.

The bad news is that it ain't cheap. I spent around 80 chaos, and it would have been more if I didn't have a few of the items already. Also, since I lost all the curse bonuses, mobs aren't moving nearly as slowly any more. Might be a problem in the future.

Edit: Here's the POB Pastebin link if anyone would like a closer look: https://pastebin.com/sVaTzrDW
Dernière édition par ineffablebob, le 23 mars 2019 14:51:57
"
seanmcg182 a écrit :

Thanks, one more question... the recommended gear for this says to not use Wands? Why is that important? with the low str/dex of a witch, anything else is difficult to equip sometimes?

Just wondering what's bad about wants/better about other things?

Ineffablenoob already answered this but be sure to check a skills description and/or just under the skills name to see if it has a specific weapon requirement.

You can also google search poe melee attack skills or poe attack skills and find the wiki page for those and find one that works for you.

4500 hp 75 all res/ 74 chaos

This is my actual gear, i am clearing the atlas slowly ( i cant drop maps i need ... ) but so easyly, thank you for this build !!

You can check my gear maybye you have ideas to improve it ! thx
Dernière édition par nyuhime, le 23 mars 2019 20:27:30
"
nyuhime a écrit :

This is my actual gear, i am clearing the atlas slowly ( i cant drop maps i need ... ) but so easyly, thank you for this build !!

You have 2 fortify gems in your chest, change one out for Melee Physical or Maim.

Other than that, looks amazing!
"
nyuhime a écrit :

Why are you using Convocation? I figure Skeletons and Zombies will stop attacking, don't they?
"
Kroschak a écrit :
Why are you using Convocation? I figure Skeletons and Zombies will stop attacking, don't they?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'stop attacking', but I can tell you why I use Convocation. Path of Exile has become a game largely about speed as it expands - you have to keep up with the crawler in Delve, there's the timer in Incursion, memories collapse in Synthesis, research labs are destroyed quickly in Betrayal. (One could argue the game has always been about speed, but for the most part it was possible to go slowly before those mechanics.) Since you must go fast, and minions are stupid, it's pretty much inevitable that at some point you're gonna find yourself being forced to push forward while your horde is stuck behind you someplace in poor terrain or fighting something that you're trying to run past. Convocation will save your bacon in those cases. And it has other uses, like pulling minions out of fireblasts or getting everyone across a gap that you just Charged Dashed over.
"
ineffablebob a écrit :
So, I've been thinking about zombies in the endgame again, and decided I'd give them another try. Thought y'all might find the experiment interesting. Specifically, I figured I'd give The Baron a shot.

On the off chance that anyone is interested, here's an Elder kill video using the Baron build. It was in a Colosseum (T13) map.

Died once because I was dumb, ran around too much in the final phase and got caught in the big damage waves. Par for the course with me, I often forget what I'm doing when it's been a while since I've done a fight.

Path of Building link for the build as it existed at that point: https://pastebin.com/PhvEuDWg

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires