GUILD HIDEOUT & GENERAL GUILD SUGGESTIONS

Ok then, I was asked to give my intake on the Guild Hideout.

First of all, I don't think GGG will even look at it, and from the perspective of gameplay - which already lacks sorely at the moment and is primary - this here shouldn't be done before those things are 100% finished.

But here goes:
I was always baffled as to why GGG hasn't implemented a guild hideout, or a useable guild-system for that matter.

-As monetization they can sell different layouts for the hideout after all.

-You could have the guild-hideout as your standard login-point (who wants to always be thrown into a map just to teleport to the hideout anyway?)

-A room for quick inventory share. Ever happened you ran together in a party of your guild.. and you're supposed to get 3 inventories full of maps while you should turn over the overflow of divination cards in your inventory? Well, have an option for both parties to accept and swoosh... player A inventory is now player B and vice verse. Safes time, feels good man.

-Instead of people decorating the guild-hall, give the ability to donate favor. That makes the whole system easier as the person in charge of decoration can then simply piece together everything just as needed.

-The guild-hall should be set up in several 'rooms' rather then one large piece. Maybe as a center-part, though everything major should be separately loaded to ease the burden on the servers.

-No usage of skills in the guild-hideout besides permanent summoning and auras. Otherwise we'll have crash after crash only.

-Internal leaderboard, who went fastest on HC? Who has the highest level? How fast did a 100% clear happen at each area and sub-type of it? Who has the highest stat in anything? Just stuff to have something to yearn towards which isn't a global list, makes it seem more achievable.

-Internal message-board, the ability to send in-game messages while the other person isn't online! Awesome concept, never seen before!

For something like that to be properly usable GGG should first and foremost re-work the whole mess of a guild-system... or the insult thereof rather.
We need ranks first, guild-activities and in general proper guild-related mechanics, maybe for more then 6 players working together in separate instances to achieve 1 single goal.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
"
Kulze a écrit :
Ok then, I was asked to give my intake on the Guild Hideout.

First of all, I don't think GGG will even look at it, and from the perspective of gameplay - which already lacks sorely at the moment and is primary - this here shouldn't be done before those things are 100% finished.

But here goes:
I was always baffled as to why GGG hasn't implemented a guild hideout, or a useable guild-system for that matter.

-As monetization they can sell different layouts for the hideout after all.

-You could have the guild-hideout as your standard login-point (who wants to always be thrown into a map just to teleport to the hideout anyway?)

-A room for quick inventory share. Ever happened you ran together in a party of your guild.. and you're supposed to get 3 inventories full of maps while you should turn over the overflow of divination cards in your inventory? Well, have an option for both parties to accept and swoosh... player A inventory is now player B and vice verse. Safes time, feels good man.

-Instead of people decorating the guild-hall, give the ability to donate favor. That makes the whole system easier as the person in charge of decoration can then simply piece together everything just as needed.

-The guild-hall should be set up in several 'rooms' rather then one large piece. Maybe as a center-part, though everything major should be separately loaded to ease the burden on the servers.

-No usage of skills in the guild-hideout besides permanent summoning and auras. Otherwise we'll have crash after crash only.

-Internal leaderboard, who went fastest on HC? Who has the highest level? How fast did a 100% clear happen at each area and sub-type of it? Who has the highest stat in anything? Just stuff to have something to yearn towards which isn't a global list, makes it seem more achievable.

-Internal message-board, the ability to send in-game messages while the other person isn't online! Awesome concept, never seen before!

For something like that to be properly usable GGG should first and foremost re-work the whole mess of a guild-system... or the insult thereof rather.
We need ranks first, guild-activities and in general proper guild-related mechanics, maybe for more then 6 players working together in separate instances to achieve 1 single goal.

I think its a given the that whole guild system needs a revisit considering how outspoken the community has been about it. Its a jumbled mess. Guilds needs personal permissions,ranks, guild stash logs and the whole shtick.
I will add ur advices and i think i need to create a 2nd segment as general guild system suggestions.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Dernière édition par MrsDeath_, le 15 avr. 2019 01:44:08
I posted this question/idea in the Dev Q&A

"
BlowITA a écrit :
Do any of the dev team members read/watch fantasy stories with adventurer guilds in it? [...] Or borrowing any other ideas from those fantasy stories (like a guild hall, guild missions, guild wars, guild blacksmith workshop)?
[...]
I'd also love to meet my guild mates at the guild hall, join a party with them to run a long map chain built by the guild master as a mission (maps dropped are allocated back to the guild to be used in new missions), fighting other guilds in a big map (Battle Royale!) both solo or in team (could take maps from the guild as an entrance fee), and dump my veiled items on the guild blacksmith to make crafts available to everyone there (could require maps as an additional fee to use).

Then today I saw your thread and liked your ideas, so I decided to share some of mine here too. Hope we can get some more fun ways of interacting with our guild mates.
"
BlowITA a écrit :
I posted this question/idea in the Dev Q&A

"
BlowITA a écrit :
Do any of the dev team members read/watch fantasy stories with adventurer guilds in it? [...] Or borrowing any other ideas from those fantasy stories (like a guild hall, guild missions, guild wars, guild blacksmith workshop)?
[...]
I'd also love to meet my guild mates at the guild hall, join a party with them to run a long map chain built by the guild master as a mission (maps dropped are allocated back to the guild to be used in new missions), fighting other guilds in a big map (Battle Royale!) both solo or in team (could take maps from the guild as an entrance fee), and dump my veiled items on the guild blacksmith to make crafts available to everyone there (could require maps as an additional fee to use).

Then today I saw your thread and liked your ideas, so I decided to share some of mine here too. Hope we can get some more fun ways of interacting with our guild mates.

in one of my previous games guilds vs guilds was a big thing and it was hella fun. i wish we could have an all out pvp battle between guilds.
i will add your suggestions aswell.
Dernière édition par MrsDeath_, le 24 avr. 2019 11:02:30
"
MrsDeath_ a écrit :

in one of my previous games guilds vs guilds was a big thing and it was hella fun. i wish we could have an all out pvp battle between guilds.

Absolutely, though in PoE this should definitely be via some obscure option, not pure PvP. PvP is broken anyways, I don't think there's any fixing for that... or actually there's any need to fix it at all, the amount of player-influx would be too small for that.

But things which needs 2 guilds to hinder each other with interactive things in a map, maybe in a sort of race for points as to who kills more mobs, or rushing towards a specific goal while having to help each other out in specific stages would be fun.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
"
Kulze a écrit :
"
MrsDeath_ a écrit :

Absolutely, though in PoE this should definitely be via some obscure option, not pure PvP. PvP is broken anyways, I don't think there's any fixing for that... or actually there's any need to fix it at all, the amount of player-influx would be too small for that.

But things which needs 2 guilds to hinder each other with interactive things in a map, maybe in a sort of race for points as to who kills more mobs, or rushing towards a specific goal while having to help each other out in specific stages would be fun.

Exactly, if you remember the rhoa dinner pvp event was a pretty good example of this. Players did enjoy and approve of free for all pvp.
Same thing can be done with guilds vs guilds. Maybe even more than 2 guilds racing for a price.
This type of events can break the monotonous tone of temporary leagues.
Dernière édition par MrsDeath_, le 26 avr. 2019 14:33:46
Also please add a freakin guild notice board where people can post small messages that everyone who clicks on the board can see.

It can be used to put guild news there, to post message for someone or just regular human things like wishing a guild member happy birthday etc..

What I wanna say is that we need more interactive stuff that encourages being in a guild
"
Sotilis a écrit :
Also please add a freakin guild notice board where people can post small messages that everyone who clicks on the board can see.

It can be used to put guild news there, to post message for someone or just regular human things like wishing a guild member happy birthday etc..

What I wanna say is that we need more interactive stuff that encourages being in a guild

i ll add that but w/o freakkin :D
Improvements to guilds are a great idea. Guilds have been around for a while without making the kind of impact on the game that they could. I particularly love "guild goals"; even the simplest ones can motivate people.

Generally speaking, I think players have a positive opinion of guilds in games. I don't think POE is any exception, and though it may be a big investment of resources to implement, every incremental step would pull the game in a good direction and solve a lot more secondary problems than we realize.

Spoiler
On a side note, guilds might be a solution to the trade dilemma. GGG wants players to interact through trades, which can be at odds with their interests in getting trades done as quickly as possible. Perhaps "guild trade houses" would provide a middle ground: keeping players bartering with each other while also creating a browse-able trade interface in game. This draws inspiration from RL where people often "make markets" as a team. Guild members could manage pending offers and messages left in the "mailbox" for items in their stock.
"
Khalixxa a écrit :
Improvements to guilds are a great idea. Guilds have been around for a while without making the kind of impact on the game that they could. I particularly love "guild goals"; even the simplest ones can motivate people.

Generally speaking, I think players have a positive opinion of guilds in games. I don't think POE is any exception, and though it may be a big investment of resources to implement, every incremental step would pull the game in a good direction and solve a lot more secondary problems than we realize.

Spoiler
On a side note, guilds might be a solution to the trade dilemma. GGG wants players to interact through trades, which can be at odds with their interests in getting trades done as quickly as possible. Perhaps "guild trade houses" would provide a middle ground: keeping players bartering with each other while also creating a browse-able trade interface in game. This draws inspiration from RL where people often "make markets" as a team. Guild members could manage pending offers and messages left in the "mailbox" for items in their stock.

that is a good idea. i always thought guild members should do favours for each other while trading. with that in mind guilds can be good trading grounds. not just for beginners but experienced players aswell.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires