[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

Hi All,

CRITICAL ISSUE:

I'm back to the topic of whether Ghost Reaver is really helpful or just a wasted passive. GGG says that we are now capped at 10% of our total ES for leech/sec. if that is truly the case, then JN1K5 has a max rate of 855 ES/sec leech. Having taken GR, POB now shows JN1K5's max leech rate to be doubled at 1710. Are we to understand that GR is an exception to the 10% cap, giving us 20% - or that even though POB shows 1710 ES/sec you're only getting 855 because of the cap? This is really a critical issue. If we do get a new max cap of 20% it is by far worth taking GR despite the loss of 50% ES recharge rate. However, if we are REALLY capped at 10%, then GR is a total nerf to our build.
Does anyone know the answer to this for certain??
Thanks for your help !!!

I just tried adding more inc. max leech rate from other passives and the ES/sec leech keeps going up on POB - this would mean there is no limit and that can't be right. Unless someone has information to the contrary, I'm believing that it is capped at 10% (855 for JN1K5) and that POB is giving incorrect information.

Your input is most welcome !
Dernière édition par Badfox14, le 13 mars 2019 12:16:04
"
trastomotor a écrit :
just a question, why self cast bane(projectil weakness-frosbite) is better than Curse on hit - herald on ice?

Amazing work dude!

The Curse on Hit is awesome and I used it last season, but if a boss doesn't spawn adz while being active the boss will not get the curses applied... because the Herald can only apply on it's second effect. Essentially that would mean that our awesome buff to curses this season get ignored by bosses :( So I like the setup with Bane... Last season we self cast Frost bomb and instead we've put that on a CWDT setup so you only need to activate three abilities Flame Dash, Bane and Wint orb.

Cheers :)
"
lucasblejman a écrit :
Did i not see a passive skill tree in a build guide?

In the leveling section and also in the PoB
"
hunky_dory a écrit :
"
trastomotor a écrit :
just a question, why self cast bane(projectil weakness-frosbite) is better than Curse on hit - herald on ice?

Amazing work dude!

My 2 cents : In the first version of this build you were self casting Frozen Orb to apply cold weakness, now it's replaced by bane which applies all curses and has an added damage effect (which is very noticeable), but most importantly lasts much longer than the Orb's effect.

You Got it :)
"
nihilismz a écrit :
"
nihilismz a écrit :
Thanks for the build dude, I was originally following a life based build but then I got my hands on a shav's and after some research I found your build so I have decided to switch over.

I am having a bit of trouble figuring out what to aim for currently and was wondering if you would point me in the right direction, after looking closer at your pob I have made some mistakes when following it (I didn't notice you had made low level templates in the drop down box) I am somewhere between 3 - 4 in terms of the skill tree (the tabs on pob) my gear is also trash.

If you could give me an idea of what gear I need to be aiming to replace first and which passive to spec next (or respec) that would be awesome.

My pob is https://pastebin.com/7K0eseU1 let me know if there is anything more I can do to help the process.

I decided to check JN1K5's stream and got lucky as he was online, he is one of the most helpful people I've ever met, not only did he read over the post and give me tips he even loaded in my pob and made me a new one with recommended gear to aim for and pointed out all the little mistakes I was making (bane doesn't cast curse higher than its level durrr).

After applying the changes he suggested the build feels completely different, everything dies without even casting bane and flasks its great, would 100% recommend to anyone still unsure of trying it, if your playing it and feel like its difficult you should definitely go to his stream and ask him to help you fix your build I promise he would be more than happy to help the guys a legend, I was doing so many things wrong and would have never found out if I didn't ask!

What an awesome Endorsement! Thank you so much man!
"
Fleeced a écrit :
Having a great deal of fun this league so far with this build. I went for a more generic caster with EO and hybrid life to level as this is my first ever ES build/witch in general and wanted to avoid ES initially bc of intimidation and unfamiliarity. On the way I specced into general ele damage and even tried the new channeling clusters (pretty damn good for norm WO), all without deviating too far off from JN1K5's build.

Now currently mapping T8-10 yellows without much trouble while steadily transitioning to a full ES. Still also working on fleshing out my crit, crit multi to spec out of EO. Here's my current gear:

The build is pretty cheap. Self farmed the Tab. Wand was 5c, March of Legion 3c, rings and jewels 1c each. The rest can be had for around 1alc a pop at most. Easily affordable with self-found currency from leveling and gear will only get cheaper.

I didn't feel like having to craft my own staff and rock a weak Solaris, so I built up Chaos res and personally don't ever feel gimped by chaos. Doryani's Invitation leech takes care of most of the life worries and I just tap my HP flask every once in a while to stay topped off. March of the Legion is a very solid addition this season, too. Easy access to 3R for CWDT + IC, 16% all res, 25%+ movement speed, and a nice chunk of ES - everything you'd want in a boot and they're cheap!

I'll be sure to check in through the league and make any updates. Shav's definitely is the goal, but may deviate and use CI if I start to feel overwhelmed. Dying Sun and Wise Oak are probably the next upgrades though as everything feels good as-is.

It is awesome you made this change and Can't commend you enough on figuring the chaos res out and trying it yourself. I've been doing this for the last 3 streaming sessions and this is my new recommendation in Soft-core. I'm actually posting the video today! Good to see someone else is Easily farming to shav's using this method!

Also props for stepping outside of the box and grabbing the Broken crown... I legitimately thought that I was the only one :)
"
CuteMike4U a écrit :

Questions I have:

Should I change my curse setup? Drop temporal chains for enfeeble, or run frostbite over both of them?

What mods should I prioritize on my jewels? Low on currency at the moment so do want to waste any buying things I don't need.

Not a question, but with the 30 point dex node I can now level up my green gems which will help.

Anything else I need to adjust? Are there different crafts I should put on my staff or amulet?

As I continue to level up, where should I look to put my skill points?

Here is my PB:
https://pastebin.com/4h5mJNfR

Hey CuteMike4U,

I personally like more damage so frostbite is the way I run, Plus more damage = more leech

Prioritize (in order) Resistances if they are not capped, Energy Shield, Global Crit Multi, Flat Cold to Spells, Spell damage. Everything else is either bonus or bogus, Check the Scaling Damage section of the build guide for more things to look at. Two Jewels that are interesting is Energy from within (~1Ex) Which you would put in top dead center and take the other life nodes in radius to gain more ES. Or Tempered Flesh which you would put in the tree under the left most power charge node (Note: don't allocate Strgth nodes.)

I will look at your current PoB and Adjust the Tree currently, as Far as future points you need your ascendencies to scale dps... that is your first priority and I made that in the PoB. From there, you need to really try to get the shav's as that is your end Game- and you don't really want to be specing into shield nodes while you have a staff... If you need more dps, feel free to temp spec into Serpent Stance Staff cluster.

A couple things:
-Without your Cold being your highest uncapped stat - -Your wise oak does nothing at all. Make sure you adjust this. Easiest way in your setup is use a blessed orb on your Rift Eye Ruby Ring until your Fire Res is at 24% or less. You will still be capped but you will now have cold res as your highest (or tied) so you will benefit from the Wise Oak.
Y-our Arcane surge should be no higher than a level 10
-you can only run 2 curses with your current setup - Recommend Proj Weakness and Frostbite
-personally I like Controlled destruction more than energy Leech
-Your Green Gems need to level significantly get those up as high as possible - 20 is the expectation for late game
-Great job on FrostBomb
-Feel free to level up your Blood magic to 7 to get more eHP
-Take the 4% reduced Mana Reserved node in the tree to run all your current Auras (AA and Clarity)
-Try if you can to find better boots with ES in place of Life, but You may need to play with these for a long time to get those resists
-your Jewelry is decent but be mindful that anything that says "to Attacks" doesn't affect the build at all
-Take Arcane Will over Deep Thoughts
-You need Dex... A lot of Dex... I temporarily specd into the Dex node agility but you will want to replace this later

The Staff route Hits a ceiling eventually as the lack of ES on the chest and the overall DPS scaling is limited without the extra Aura(s)

Here's your adjusted PoB: https://pastebin.com/AFtLdBpt
Adjusted stats: 4069 ES, 550k+ Dps, and all auras
Prior Stats: 3494 ES, 200K+ dps, and One aura short (Probably mana Starved too)
"
pajamapants a écrit :
Why no quality on Ice Spear? Doesn't the increased projectile speed result in ice spears first form hitting its fixed distance faster and there by transform into the second form faster thus faster hits? More importantly faster initial hit?

Not as important this league as last as Bane has a longer range for casting than Frost Bomb

It makes the projectiles fly further before they change forms. so it's harder to focus the boss... but I'm thinking about changing this as more space=safer... even if it means the boss is harder to watch.
"
T2tehimeless a écrit :
Hey guys,

so really loving this build so far, but am starting to struggle with upper level monster life % mods as im starting to climb into T12/t13.

My current gear is linked below:
https://pastebin.com/BMHCRKne

or you can check out my characters list for the character "TimelessWO".

I know I can start getting opal rings but I'm still struggling a bit.

Off the top of my head, it seems like:
1) Dying sun
2) 6L
3) Opal rings
4) ??

Thanks!

6-link = priority #1 The build is designed on running this as a six link as your main ability scaling (ice Spear) is effectively a 3 link until you get the 6th. it is a 50% increase in DPS... I'm stoked that you got to T12s/T13s on a 5 :) Good job!

your PoB Skills setup was very hard to read... please adjust this is the future...

Arcane surge shouldn't be over level 10... at level 10 you cast flame Dash 2 times before gaining Arcane Surge... lvl 19 it's like 10 casts. you will feel this

I recommend Frost bomb as an autocast for simplicity and because I think effective damage it will actually cost you time/damage to cast it and for the 2 sec it's up, not sure it's worth it.

Use the Flame Dash connected with Arcane surge... not the other one.

Assassination is mostly a waste of passives... it's too reachy... consider changing to suggested passive tree

Elder Wand is very important to scale off of the power charges

Enchant or Implicit on the helm is important
+1 Ice Spear Proj or +1 Power Charge

Work towards the Watchers Eye

Dying Sun a must

Yes to rings and get both to faster recharge.

Other than that just follow the suggested Gearing recommendations and you will make it through.

"
Badfox14 a écrit :
Hi All,

CRITICAL ISSUE:

I'm back to the topic of whether Ghost Reaver is really helpful or just a wasted passive. GGG says that we are now capped at 10% of our total ES for leech/sec. if that is truly the case, then JN1K5 has a max rate of 855 ES/sec leech. Having taken GR, POB now shows JN1K5's max leech rate to be doubled at 1710. Are we to understand that GR is an exception to the 10% cap, giving us 20% - or that even though POB shows 1710 ES/sec you're only getting 855 because of the cap? This is really a critical issue. If we do get a new max cap of 20% it is by far worth taking GR despite the loss of 50% ES recharge rate. However, if we are REALLY capped at 10%, then GR is a total nerf to our build.
Does anyone know the answer to this for certain??
Thanks for your help !!!

I just tried adding more inc. max leech rate from other passives and the ES/sec leech keeps going up on POB - this would mean there is no limit and that can't be right. Unless someone has information to the contrary, I'm believing that it is capped at 10% (855 for JN1K5) and that POB is giving incorrect information.

Your input is most welcome !

Ghost Reaver is on the Chopping block for a lot of reasons but the biggest reason we take it late game is for the Maximum Total Recovery per second... if this is not helping us than you are indeed correct it's a total waste... actually a detriment.

My Recommendation: Play without and with- see how it feels. Ultimately I'm not fully geared yet so cannot speak to that answer.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires