[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

"
Jorzy a écrit :
First of all i am still new to the game and only seriously started playing last season so i might be missing something fundamentally.
I realize that during the low level phase i can't expect to be able to use all Auras at the same time because of mana issues.
But now i am at a level where i am able to buy all the required skill gems for the build and i can only use about half of the auras.
So what is changing at the higher levels so i will be able to use all these mana reserved skills?
I see that some nodes reduce the mana reservation but that can't be it, right?
Sorry for the noob question, i have never played a spell caster nor a character with a lot of auras before.

I didn't see the unique effect of the shield, i guess that helps a lot.
Just want to say that JN1K5 has been really open to people and giving them a serious hand. He looked at my build, my gear gave me some pointers. As me being a scrub player, I really appreciate the time he spent with me helping me figure this out. This build really requires you to know a lot of stuff, which I don't.
Hi peeps just made a account to post here.
This is my second character overall and first this season and so far I've had a lot of fun (previous was arc totems last month). Blasting through packs with Ice Spear feels great, the auto aim from WO picks up the ones I missed and Bane takes care of softening the more tough enemies.

I levelled with Freezing Pulse and Ice Nova which was really easy and didn't require any complicated setup whatsoever, with Hatred and Herald of Ice on top to boost dps. I switched to Winter Orb pretty immediately but it was kinda weak until I got enough cast speed and Cast on Channelling for Ice Spear, because without it you have to stop too often and it just feels bad trying to rush through the acts and having to stop to channel every 5 steps.

Items-wise I got Bated Breath and Wanderlust early on, but switched boots to Shavronne's Pace because with the Energy Shield keeping your life topped most time you just blaze through the areas and I didn't yet have Faster Casting for Flame Dash. Eventually I bought Kalisa's Grace and Doerdre's Scorn for something like 2 chaos.

I bought Prism Guardian and Solaris Lorica yesterday but I didn't manage to get any luck with the socket colors since it's a STR armor, 3B 1G seems like a long shot, so I swapped the CWDT setup on the chest and put WO/IS on Kalisa for the faster cast rate, which turned out to be amazing (faster charging the orb so faster clear and able to move earlier especially when you have to dodge a lot of hits in Memories).

I hit lv70 today and so far it's been quite easy although I haven't tried to go super fast, and also I've been running extra DEX/STR nodes on the passive tree to use Immortal Call and Greater Multiple Projectile early on. My passive tree is where it's a bit of a mess because I refunded a lot of nodes trying to make sense of the multiple iterations this forum post went through this week (and mostly because I have not enough experience about it to make my own pathing). Since everything dies rather instantly I decided to hold on the crit nodes and prioritize the Energy Shield nodes but I have no idea if that's a good plan or not.

Here's my POB and what I think are my next steps: https://pastebin.com/F5Br8WgX
- Fix my tree (not sure how)
- Finish Uber lab
- Get better rings and amulet for better res without going below DEX/STR requirements of my gems.
- Get a Wise Oak and the proper res setup
- Get a better wand, from what I read a Shaper extra ele as chaos is what I wanna look for?
- Get rid of Bated Breath and Shavronne's Pace for better options
- Eventually get a 5L or 6L Solaris Lorica so I can put Winter Orb back on it (I got almost no Chromatic Orbs after trying to get that 3B1G...)
- Get a Shavronne's Wrappings ??? One can dream.

Appreciate if you made it to this point and apologies for the wall of text. Thanks for the build! It's really fun to play and I learned a lot from trying to make sense of all the info (this is definitely more complex that my previous totem boy lol). I probably messed up a couple things because I'm still new to the game but at least learning all this feels rewarding. :)
Dernière édition par Peacku, le 11 mars 2019 23:08:16
just a question, why self cast bane(projectil weakness-frosbite) is better than Curse on hit - herald on ice?

Amazing work dude!
Did i not see a passive skill tree in a build guide?
"
trastomotor a écrit :
just a question, why self cast bane(projectil weakness-frosbite) is better than Curse on hit - herald on ice?

Amazing work dude!

My 2 cents : In the first version of this build you were self casting Frozen Orb to apply cold weakness, now it's replaced by bane which applies all curses and has an added damage effect (which is very noticeable), but most importantly lasts much longer than the Orb's effect.
"
trastomotor a écrit :

Amazing work dude!

Curse on hit with heralds works a little different.

They don't proc the curse when you hit with a spell.

They proc the curse when a mob dies/explodes.

In which case your curses won't apply on bosses since usually there are no mobs around.

For mapping you can go with curse on hit since it will spread like crazy(but everything melts anyway even without them).

For bosses you will need bane to cast them.

"
dudas2 a écrit :
"
trastomotor a écrit :

Amazing work dude!

Curse on hit with heralds works a little different.

They don't proc the curse when you hit with a spell.

They proc the curse when a mob dies/explodes.

In which case your curses won't apply on bosses since usually there are no mobs around.

For mapping you can go with curse on hit since it will spread like crazy(but everything melts anyway even without them).

For bosses you will need bane to cast them.

thank you for the explanation ^^
"
djcz a écrit :
"
JN1K5 a écrit :
"
djcz a écrit :
New player here, looking at the current passive trees for leveling, are you supposed to respec into the higher level builds using refund points? Also I I was following the build at the start of the league and now its different towards the beginning, there not much I can do about that without respecing? Are we supposed to farm for orbs of regret?

The build has changed as I get access to data, I've been streaming and playing everyday to help people out with playing the build. I couldn't have projected exactly what the build needed before the start of league. Yes you should be able to respec using points you gain from quests and maybe a few regrets, but it's when you have the currency need other stats.

Ultimately POE is a game that typically requires a full respec when transitioning between early mapping to end game... this is a build that you respec a bit but shouldn't exceed your points you gain as you level.

I stream almost everyday and watch these comments... feel free to link your build or your ign and I can help you with tailored suggestions.

Thanks JN1K5, I actually figured it out. Didn't realize that the trees make an alternate connection to the branch allowing you to redo the original paths. I'll check out the stream.

First, I gotta say that JN1K5 has done an amazing job with not only the build but with helping everyone who is starting the new league with this as 1st character!
However, I have to point out that although I believe it is definitely viable as a league starter I also believe it is definitely NOT a build for a new player. Understanding the mechanics & the complex interplay of skills, auras, gear, and passives are essential to making this build succeed and that requires a fair amount of experience with POE. My advice to newer players is to start with a cookie-cutter straightforward build (dozens are available) and get your feet wet with one of those. that's just my 2 cents.
"
nihilismz a écrit :
Thanks for the build dude, I was originally following a life based build but then I got my hands on a shav's and after some research I found your build so I have decided to switch over.

I am having a bit of trouble figuring out what to aim for currently and was wondering if you would point me in the right direction, after looking closer at your pob I have made some mistakes when following it (I didn't notice you had made low level templates in the drop down box) I am somewhere between 3 - 4 in terms of the skill tree (the tabs on pob) my gear is also trash.

If you could give me an idea of what gear I need to be aiming to replace first and which passive to spec next (or respec) that would be awesome.

My pob is https://pastebin.com/7K0eseU1 let me know if there is anything more I can do to help the process.

I decided to check JN1K5's stream and got lucky as he was online, he is one of the most helpful people I've ever met, not only did he read over the post and give me tips he even loaded in my pob and made me a new one with recommended gear to aim for and pointed out all the little mistakes I was making (bane doesn't cast curse higher than its level durrr).

After applying the changes he suggested the build feels completely different, everything dies without even casting bane and flasks its great, would 100% recommend to anyone still unsure of trying it, if your playing it and feel like its difficult you should definitely go to his stream and ask him to help you fix your build I promise he would be more than happy to help the guys a legend, I was doing so many things wrong and would have never found out if I didn't ask!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires