[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

"
Nugsterx a écrit :
Hey guys, using the Quill rain version.

I found resists super easy to cap.

Does +minion damage on jewels affect the HoA?

What should i really go for the guide is a bit vague and just says life and ressists.

if i'm already resist capped it would be

% maximum life
% minion damage
??
??

Because of the way Hoag scales, Inc minion damage has very little effect. Minion accuracy, however, has a noticeable effect and is worthwhile as an extra jewel stat. Blind on hit is an excellent defensive stat to get on at least one abyss jewel.

-O
"
xMelgassi a écrit :
How is the dependency on the cluster jewels? I´ve just found a quill rain and I´m thinking in playing it. Can this build be played in SSF, where I cant be sure I´ll find the jewels?

The build will function, even up through red maps without cluster jewels, it will just feel slower. Becuase of the level of defense inherent in the QR version, you should still be able to do all content given a QR, thief's torment, and good piloting. The pure agonies make it faster (more fun) and the Kaom's makes everything more forgiving of your mistakes. Good luck!

-O
is there a way to get proj weakness on hit curse on gloves with some form of extra curse? if so we could put like feeding frenzy in the helmet over the pierce for tons of more damage and an aggressive hoag.
Originally I was wondering if trying to stack multiple of...

Invigorating Portents
Minions deal 20% increased Damage while you are affected by a Herald
Minions have 10% increased Movement Speed for each Herald affecting you

... is it worth it? I'm guessing not since Cult-Leader gives 35% increased damage and we can teleport the crawler with Convocation...

-----

Now I am curious about your thoughts on the Notables for Large Cluster Jewels!
Before we forget, the Crawler minion has 40% of Physical Damage converted to Chaos Damage, and a depressingly low Critical Strike Chance of 5% and Critical Strike Multiplier of 130%.

Renewal (Prefix ilvl50) 11335
Minions Regenerate 1% of Life per second
Minions have 10% chance to deal Double Damage while they are on Full Life

Raze and Pillage (Prefix ilvl68) 11336
Minions have 20% chance to Ignite
Minions deal 20% increased Damage against Ignited Enemies
Minions gain 6% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage

Rotten Claws (Prefix ilvl50) 11337
Minions have a 20% chance to Impale on Hit with Attacks

Call to the Slaughter (Suffix ilvl1) 11338
Minions deal 15% increased Damage
Minions created Recently have 10% increased Attack and Cast Speed
Minions created Recently have 30% increased Movement Speed

Vicious Bite (Suffix ilvl75) 11340
Minions have 50% increased Critical Strike Chance
Minions have +20% to Critical Strike Multiplier

The prefixes all seem good, while the suffixes barely add any damage.
I listed the suffixes anyways since they're probably pretty common during rerolling.

The original tree branches out into 3 Large Jewel Sockets, but only the bottom right side seems useful since it gives Evasion rating. The other 2 sockets, there is no benefit from Armour while using Gluttony, and no benefit from melee damage.

I guess by investing a few more points for a decent Large Cluster may improve the damage a bit more, but sadly the prices are pretty expensive if starting out.

-----

Oh no... just did a quick search on Large Cluster minion damage jewels and anything even ilvl50+ is going for over 1 ex... I guess minion builds are still too popular.

-----

Ugh upon further digging, I found out that Large Clusters are limited to 2 prefixes and 1 suffix when it comes to Notables. Also they spawn in a deterministic order, so even with 2 highly desired prefixes, one of them will end up spawning way in the back in a bad position. That makes Large Clusters with 2 or 3 notables still end up requiring 7 skill points to make full use of.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/htu1lm/crafting_cluster_jewels_heres_how_to_hit_specific/

On a good note, that makes crafting slightly easier as we have to land a prefix + suffix first before Regal Orbing. All the Notable suffixes are meh anyways, with maybe Vicious Bite standing out as a possible 2% dmg increase mathematically.

-----

Ended up spamming too many alts trying to land 3 notables, so I just called it a day with 2 prefixes:
Dernière édition par RxJames, le 27 juil. 2020 05:07:24
Thanks for the build guide! I am currently level 75 and really enjoying the build. Didn’t die a single time while leveling. I died once to Dominus in a Palace map when I decided to test out if I could facetank his channeling attack. I couldn’t. :D

Even though this is a “minion” build, with the Quill Rain your version is more fun as an active playstyle, and since my agony crawler seems to prioritize attacking what I attack, I feel more like a JTAC painting my target for my fighter plane rather than being a necromancer, which I find a little boring.

What are your thoughts on anointment options? I am thinking about either Ravenous Horde for the dps boost or Hardened Scars with an enduring hybrid flask.
Re: Curse on hit proj weakness in gloves?

Regrettably none that I know of. I agree that this could be very strong, but I don't believe it is one of the corruption options.

Re: Large Cluster jewe

To be honest, for this build I have found more value in non-keystone passives on an 8 passive large cluster than on keystones. You will end up taking 3 passives to get to the two jewel sockets, this can be a good opportunity to fix rezzes, stats, or grab a little extra flat life. There really aren't that many (maybe any?) passives on the large clusters that appear to provide a significant benefit to this build.

Re Annointments:

Annointments are very much a matter of taste and budget. Ravenous Horde and Hardened scars are both reasonable choices. I have favored discipline and training (or even Constitution, depending on funds) but those are more of an hc choice. Gravepact is also a solid dps boost, which I would usually pick over ravenous horde for the accuracy bump. If you have the funds and can find appropriate corrupted gloves with an extra curse on hit, whispers of doom could potentially be very powerful. Also happy to hear you are enjoying the build.

Best,
-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 28 juil. 2020 04:18:05
As general rule, using Clusters applies only to "Renewal" with double dmg. The rest is irrelevant and adds very little to your crawler. Since the nerf anyway, so it's not worth it.

I can only speak for HC since I don't play SC, and focusing on defenses is a lot more important. Being able to tank basically everything that is tankable is very important on HC.

Now there's different versions of this build, and everyone plays differently. Personally I find Brand style very clunky, and not to mention in Delve plays kinda pathetic.

My style is Cyclone HoA, and I play it since 2 leagues and I mean for about 2 Leagues I only play HoAG and was able to perfect it with a lot of tweaks here and there, but the general idea has been taken from the forums and the guys who contributed to HoA Jugg.

And for anoinments I'd take Crystal Skin, or Gravepact to save some skill points. Minion attack speed adds a lot to your crawler, it's one of the best QoLs for Agony.
Dernière édition par Nexeus, le 28 juil. 2020 13:57:26
Hi, been trying to create a HoA Jug and currently i only compile the build from poe.ninja, mostly using cyclone with 2 cold iron points. I only play SC though so my question is that if the cluster not really matter, hows the overall damage especially againts the bosses? Before this i tried mana guardian and i cant stand how low damage the crawler putting and its very hard to slot the cluster jewel with how the build require lots of major nodes (mana reservation especially). Also how about lone messenger? is it worth to use it ? I personally never play before this league so im not sure about the mechanic of lone messenger. Also i ve been having difficulty stacking 40 stacks+ on lone map boss, is attack speed the only factor that matter to help stacking this ?
Dernière édition par alphamax112, le 29 juil. 2020 07:18:16
"
alphamax112 a écrit :
Hi, been trying to create a HoA Jug and currently i only compile the build from poe.ninja, mostly using cyclone with 2 cold iron points. I only play SC though so my question is that if the cluster not really matter, hows the overall damage especially againts the bosses? Before this i tried mana guardian and i cant stand how low damage the crawler putting and its very hard to slot the cluster jewel with how the build require lots of major nodes (mana reservation especially). Also how about lone messenger? is it worth to use it ? I personally never play before this league so im not sure about the mechanic of lone messenger. Also i ve been having difficulty stacking 40 stacks+ on lone map boss, is attack speed the only factor that matter to help stacking this ?

Well since you play SC, 2 Cold Iron Point daggers is good enough for you. Keep in mind that HoA scales insanely well with + gem lvl, so having everything + to gem lvl that affects your herald is really good.

- 21 Herald of Agony
- +6 from the daggers
- +3 from Elder Helm - bone helmet (with Hypothermia and mininion dmg) + Hatred aura.
- +2 from Amulet.

Also have one Medium Cluster with "Renewal", only this skill and make sure it adds 4 passives so you can save some skill points.

That's HoA 32 lvl which does insane dmg. Now add to it one Circle of Nostalgia with Crawler does 100% dmg + Reduced Mana reservation. 1 Ring will be enough. Sure, you can use 2, but you'll need some defenses if you want to survive some hard content and bosses.

Now, If you add Grip of the Council = that's about 3.2mil dmg for you.
And if you want maximum dps, anoint your amulet with Grave Intentions.

Take a look at mine, but it's on HC:

Dernière édition par Nexeus, le 29 juil. 2020 13:35:44
Re: Incorporating Proj Weakness:

So, I've been chewing on this question for a few days and I have realized that even though you can't get proj weakness on gloves, there is a way to make this work:

I am running the experiment right now and the initial results are very promising. I am trading out the thief's torment for one ordinary ring and one mark of submission with proj weakness slotted. I have pathed all the way up to whispers of doom for the extra curse.

The extra damage is really quite extraordinary. We gain the combination of proj weakness on all enemies, and we can indeed drop pierce for a better gem (I am currently using vicious proj in that slot while leveling. Ultimately when I add in a top lvl helm, this will allow for an additional damage gem, perhaps deathmark).

Down side is we will have significantly less LGOH, which may become important later, and we will need at least two +2 mana on hit jewels to deal with uncurseable opponents. But given the dramatic dps increase, I think this variation may be viable. Still leveling, jury is out. Really good idea--props to dougch for getting me to think about it.

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 29 juil. 2020 20:33:05

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires