[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

Hi magic

can i get your opinion on my setup ?
i opted for shroud, as i like the extra life/mana i get, and abyss jewels are really good plus it's way cheaper

I have a shield but couldn't stand the slowness of shield charge, so in place of the fortify/charge setup i opted for a grace/totem

decoy totem is really powerful, loving it in encounters like chimera.

I think I would eventually switch to your build once i get the inpulsa, but at the moment i feel my setup is a good compromise between bossing and clearing.

couple of questions :

- any big upgrade in terms of items ?
- would it be worth to switch my trap setup to an helm rather than gloves ?
- i'm having issues doing the math on POB for trap dmg, yours has around 100k avg dmg, where does the 1.5m comes from ? what's the math behind it

Char name is Zrey_Ab

quick edit :
i know i'm missing enchants, will get them asap, trying to compensate the leech on boots with warlord marks cwdt, ( i'm running 2 curses despite not having a +1 curse, but seems to be working ok. )
Dernière édition par Lÿn, le 6 janv. 2019 07:09:49
Thanks for the reply :)
I was going to triple balance the wise oak but now will try a little the Cinderswallow.
The good old atziri's promise is still good for this build right? :)
"
Lÿn a écrit :
Hi magic

i opted for shroud, as i like the extra life/mana i get, and abyss jewels are really good plus it's way cheaper

I have a shield but couldn't stand the slowness of shield charge, so in place of the fortify/charge setup i opted for a grace/totem

Decoy totem is okay, but a bit of an investment. You need to get extra strength to get it up to 20 (though you need that anyway if you use magna eclipsis - invictus solaris is easier on requirements), and you need to spend 2 sockets on it (decoy totem + multi-totem).

I did consider doing exactly that when I was starting the build, but I just never found myself needing it. The build is so mobile that there's not a need to have something tank for you. Your damage works while you run around avoiding the boss.

"
I think I would eventually switch to your build once i get the inpulsa, but at the moment i feel my setup is a good compromise between bossing and clearing.

couple of questions :

Sure. I'd say your strongest items are chest, weapon/shield, and belt. The others are all things you could look at upgrading. The hat is also decent if you decide to stay with the gloves for your lightning spire trap.

I'd be looking to get temple dodge boots to get your dodge up for even more survival goodness. I realize you might need the strength on them right now, but that extra 12% dodge is quite good (dodge stacks additively, so the more you get, the better getting more is, up until the cap at 75%). When you do get good boots, be sure to do a little lab and get them enchanted with life/mana leech when you've killed recently. That pretty much solves life and mana recovery everywhere but bossing.

The gloves are okay, but they're basically just a 5-link. Advanced traps is sort of nice, but it means you miss the huge 49% more damage multiplier from trap and mine damage support. If you stay with those gloves, swap the lightning pen for trap and mine damage.

Looks like you're trying to fill in some more attribute requirements on your neck. Plus I guess lightning leech. Might I suggest an alternate approach is to reduce attribute requirements with atziri's foible instead. Atziri's foible provides TONS of mana and mana regen, which is great for mind over matter builds. It is I think pretty easily the best defensive amulet, though it has no offensive stats.

If you need the lightning leech, you can get a corruption like this:

I paid 20c for that one, but I think they've since gone up a bit.

"

Helm allows you to get a 7-link, while gloves is 6 useful links. There's some advantages to having it in gloves though as well. You can more easily get a hat with a lab enchant, and then craft it with a delve -lightning resist. So gloves isn't wrong (but your gloves lack the trap and mine damage support).

"
- i'm having issues doing the math on POB for trap dmg, yours has around 100k avg dmg, where does the 1.5m comes from ? what's the math behind it

Here's my most recent PoB so we're referencing the same thing:
https://pastebin.com/ZZCAErvC

I have 148892.3 hit damage with lightning spire trap
It hits 2.42 times per second
It hits 3 areas, which "shotgun" overlap thanks to inc AoE and big-ish boss hitboxes
I throw 3 traps

148892.3*2.42*3*3 = 3.2 million DPS

That's with temp buffs up. If we turn off flasks and vaal RF, it is:

100181.4*2.22*3*3 = 2 million DPS

Still more than enough for everything in the game. Especially fights like shaper where you get to just stack them and laugh at him as he beams uselessly in the wrong direction and dies.

Also good for the biggest boss of all: the door on the syndicate forts.
Dernière édition par magicrectangle, le 6 janv. 2019 08:16:25
"
OTTOGIGA a écrit :
Thanks for the reply :)
I was going to triple balance the wise oak but now will try a little the Cinderswallow.
The good old atziri's promise is still good for this build right? :)

Atiziri's is lower damage than either cinderswallow or wise oak. The leech we don't need since we have it native also. But a little chaos resist can be useful, so I wouldn't completely rule it out. It isn't all that much lower damage than wise oak.

Atziri is really strong in builds that do physical -> elemental conversion (GC, BV, etc), since both its modifiers are working for you (and the phys modifier is bigger). In builds that start elemental it is a lot less damage.

Thanks for bringing up the flask topic, I edited a blurb about cinderswallow into the gear section of the guide.

edit: A note, if you have "of adrenaline" on your quicksilver (or any other flask) that doesn't stack with the move speed from they hybrid veield mod:

Of course you don't always use them at the same time, and the stun avoidance is nice too. There's not really any other great mods. 3% life regen is sort of okay but not amazing, the rest are mostly irrelevant.
Dernière édition par magicrectangle, le 6 janv. 2019 08:15:28

What do you think of that crafting base, magicrectangle?

Only T2 Ele Pen and T4 Cast Speed, but with multimod it could still be pretty good. I`m not sure though, which mods I can craft on this.

So those are both suffixes, so 3rd suffix will be multiple crafted mods.

Prefix 1: Lightning Damage to Spells

Prefix 2: Spell damage and Non-Chaos to Chaos

Prefix 3: I probably cant craft spell damage, since it conflicts with the above, but can I craft Lightning Damage on it?

PoB lets me put any mod on that wand, so it's not really helpful with what's actually allowed.

Thanks again!
"
Felix11081995 a écrit :

What do you think of that crafting base, magicrectangle?

Only T2 Ele Pen and T4 Cast Speed, but with multimod it could still be pretty good. I`m not sure though, which mods I can craft on this.

So those are both suffixes, so 3rd suffix will be multiple crafted mods.

Prefix 1: Lightning Damage to Spells

Prefix 2: Spell damage and Non-Chaos to Chaos

Prefix 3: I probably cant craft spell damage, since it conflicts with the above, but can I craft Lightning Damage on it?

The "increased" mods conflict with the hybrid spell / chaos

You could put pure non-chaos as extra chaos, which for whatever reason doesn't conflict with the hybrid.

"
PoB lets me put any mod on that wand, so it's not really helpful with what's actually allowed.

Thanks again!

Try poecraft:
https://poecraft.com/itemmods

As for whether it is worth crafting on that... maybe? T2 and T4 is not great, but on the other hand, you're only spending 2 ex, since all 3 prefix crafts are relatively cheap (most expensive is like 8 vaals for the pure non-chaos as extra chaos).

I definitely wouldn't multi a T2 and T4 where I had to sink 4 ex into the craft. Like if they were prefixes and then the suffix crafts would be cast speed (1 ex) and double damage (1 ex). But at 2 ex... eh, it probably would re-sell for at least 2+ ex, so you're probably okay there. If it was me, I'd most likely keep rolling though.
Dernière édition par magicrectangle, le 6 janv. 2019 09:25:49
"
magicrectangle a écrit :
"
Lÿn a écrit :
Hi magic

Decoy totem is okay, but a bit of an investment. You need to get extra strength to get it up to 20 (though you need that anyway if you use magna eclipsis - invictus solaris is easier on requirements), and you need to spend 2 sockets on it (decoy totem + multi-totem).

I did consider doing exactly that when I was starting the build, but I just never found myself needing it. The build is so mobile that there's not a need to have something tank for you. Your damage works while you run around avoiding the boss.

"

couple of questions :

Sure. I'd say your strongest items are chest, weapon/shield, and belt. The others are all things you could look at upgrading. The hat is also decent if you decide to stay with the gloves for your lightning spire trap.

I'd be looking to get temple dodge boots to get your dodge up for even more survival goodness. I realize you might need the strength on them right now, but that extra 12% dodge is quite good (dodge stacks additively, so the more you get, the better getting more is, up until the cap at 75%). When you do get good boots, be sure to do a little lab and get them enchanted with life/mana leech when you've killed recently. That pretty much solves life and mana recovery everywhere but bossing.

The gloves are okay, but they're basically just a 5-link. Advanced traps is sort of nice, but it means you miss the huge 49% more damage multiplier from trap and mine damage support. If you stay with those gloves, swap the lightning pen for trap and mine damage.

Looks like you're trying to fill in some more attribute requirements on your neck. Plus I guess lightning leech. Might I suggest an alternate approach is to reduce attribute requirements with atziri's foible instead. Atziri's foible provides TONS of mana and mana regen, which is great for mind over matter builds. It is I think pretty easily the best defensive amulet, though it has no offensive stats.

If you need the lightning leech, you can get a corruption like this:

I paid 20c for that one, but I think they've since gone up a bit.

"

Helm allows you to get a 7-link, while gloves is 6 useful links. There's some advantages to having it in gloves though as well. You can more easily get a hat with a lab enchant, and then craft it with a delve -lightning resist. So gloves isn't wrong (but your gloves lack the trap and mine damage support).

"

Here's my most recent PoB so we're referencing the same thing:
https://pastebin.com/ZZCAErvC

I have 148892.3 hit damage with lightning spire trap
It hits 2.42 times per second
It hits 3 areas, which "shotgun" overlap thanks to inc AoE and big-ish boss hitboxes
I throw 3 traps

148892.3*2.42*3*3 = 3.2 million DPS

That's with temp buffs up. If we turn off flasks and vaal RF, it is:

100181.4*2.22*3*3 = 2 million DPS

Still more than enough for everything in the game. Especially fights like shaper where you get to just stack them and laugh at him as he beams uselessly in the wrong direction and dies.

Also good for the biggest boss of all: the door on the syndicate forts.

Thanks for taking the time to answer ! really appreciate it

wasn't even aware "temple boots " existed, i'll google it :D skipped the last few leagues and i have to catch up.
I'll keep an eye for the amulet you recommended, but that corruption seems to be around 1ex now.

quick question about the trap setup :
if i keep it in the gloves, and maybe get one with trap dmg, will i still get the shotgun effect of the 3 areas overlapping without having the increased area of effect which is only available on helms ?

following your advices i've grabbed myself some new items and changed things around a bit.
Trap setup is now on helm, and i got the stats i need to be ready to swap to the mana unique neck once i get one with the leech corruption, will just need some resists on a jewel.

let me know what u think

Dernière édition par Lÿn, le 6 janv. 2019 17:17:07
"
Lÿn a écrit :
I'll keep an eye for the amulet you recommended, but that corruption seems to be around 1ex now.

Don't pay that much for it, it is meant to be a cheap solution to the problem, but obviously not cheap anymore. Uncorrupted ones should still be cheap though (1c or whatever).

"
quick question about the trap setup :
if i keep it in the gloves, and maybe get one with trap dmg, will i still get the shotgun effect of the 3 areas overlapping without having the increased area of effect which is only available on helms ?

They will still sometimes overlap. For bosses with bigger hitboxes, you can potentially still have ALL the bursts overlap, even without inc AoE. For smaller hitboxes, it will be less reliable without the inc AoE, but still very good boss damage.

"
Lÿn a écrit :

following your advices i've grabbed myself some new items and changed things around a bit.
Trap setup is now on helm, and i got the stats i need to be ready to swap to the mana unique neck once i get one with the leech corruption, will just need some resists on a jewel.

let me know what u think

Those are some solid items. The boots are good enough that it is worth taking the time to run a few uber labs and get the leech enchant on them.

There's a ~5% chance per enchant that you'll roll leech. If you get ~2.5 enchants per run (twice enchanted prophecy, twice enchanted darkshrine half the time) then it is even odds you get it within 5 to 6 runs.

Again I don't think I'd pay 1 ex for the corrupted atziri's. It is a great defensive item, but if you do end up switching to my version of the build you won't need the leech (leech is built into paragon of calamity).

I run an uncorrupted one in my uber killing setup:

Those only cost 1c (maybe a few c for a better roll).

The reason it lives in my uber elder setup is because it keeps my mana topped off without need of mana leech. "If you've killed recently" mana (and life) leech from the boot enchant is just fine for most mapping, but on a big boss like that you need the mana pool full for MoM in those phases that don't have adds.
So we ca leach life with this??? I didnt know. Good to know

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires