[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

Really curious if the extra life/mana leech on the boots adds that much more defensive, I find myself getting one shot randomly in tier 1 maps. Granted my resistances might be a bit low.
"
Sirlock68 a écrit :
Really curious if the extra life/mana leech on the boots adds that much more defensive, I find myself getting one shot randomly in tier 1 maps. Granted my resistances might be a bit low.

Capping your resists (and getting good life rolls on items) is always the first priority when you start maps. Not worth talking about any other defensive issues until that's done.

That said, the boot enchant is great. Particularly the mana leech part since we get some life leech from paragon of calamity. Keeps you topped up all the time. You've always killed recently, unless you're on a big boss, so you're just always at full life and mana pretty much.
Okay, awesome! Thank you so much!
I just got finished with a bit of a re-gear. Mainly these 4 items:

The hat is basically the same as the old one, but it has a resist roll, which let me loosen up a little on other slots (specifically, craft a suffix other than resist on the boots).

The 60% effect of non-damaging ailments was the impetus for the change. Combined with inpulsa and the passive tree, that's a total of 120% increased effect of shock, for a 44% shock.

I was a little torn on what tier talisman to go for. I'm not 100% sure if all the talismans are the same probability but assuming they are, here's how the tiers shake out:

Talisman Options
Spoiler

T1:
(Great)(1/12) Mandible Talisman 6-10% increased attack and cast speed
(Great)(1/12) Bonespire Talisman 20-30% increased maximum mana
(Good)(1/12) Chrysalis Talisman 20-30% increased spell damage
(Good)(1/12) Lone Antler Talisman 20-30% increased lightning damage

so 4/12 = 1/3 = 33.3% chance at a good result.

T2:
(Great)(1/8) Fangjaw Talisman 8-12% increased maximum life
(Good)(1/8) Primal Skull Talisman 2% of life regenerated per second
(Good)(1/8) Splitnewt Talisman 4-6% chance to freeze, shock, and ignite

so 3/8 = 37.5% chance at a good result.

T3:
(Great)(1/7) Spinefuse Talisman 6-10% increased quantity of items found
(Great)(1/21) Monkey Paw Talisman 10% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill
(Great)(1/21) Monkey Paw Talisman 10% chance to gain an endurance charge on kill
(Good)(1/7) Rotfeather Talsiman 25-35% increased damage
(Good)(1/7) Longtooth Talisman 4-6% additional physical damage reduction

so 11/21 = 52.4% chance at a good result.

So T3 has the highest chance of a positive outcome, but some of the best possible outcomes are in T1 (cast speed or big mana) and T2 (life). I ended up "shooting the moon" as it were going for life in T2, and hit it.

30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments actually isn't the highest damage craft for an amulet. That honor goes to +1 to minimum frenzy charges. I gain about 20k damage from the 30% ailments, and 29k from +1 minimum frenzy charges.

I decided to go with effect of non-damaging ailments mostly just because it is radically cheaper. It is 2 regals, vs 1 exalt for +1 min frenzies. I figured I'd have to convert several ammys to talismans before I got a good result (turns out I didn't, hit it on the first one), and I didn't want to invest that much.

There's also some side benefit to effect of non-damaging ailments in that it makes your chill stronger, and helps your party if you have one. But that wouldn't stop me from taking the +1 frenzy if they were the same price.
Dernière édition par magicrectangle, le 5 janv. 2019 08:43:25
Nice, very good items. That wand is disgusting!

2 Questions here:

1) how to you get the best Tier of the Spell Damage and Non-Chaos Damage to Chaos Damage craft? Still stuck on the 43% and 5% maximum.

2) how do you go for specific talismans and how do you craft them, since they are already corrupted when you get them?

Thanks a lot for the fun build!
"
Felix11081995 a écrit :
1) how to you get the best Tier of the Spell Damage and Non-Chaos Damage to Chaos Damage craft? Still stuck on the 43% and 5% maximum.

Unfortunately it is an unveil, so the only way to get it is to luck into it while unveiling weapons. You can also get somebody else to craft it for you, of course. There are people who do crafting services with threads over in the trade section of the forum

If you do use a crafting service, make sure it is somebody with a lot of endorsements in a thread on the forums, not just some random guy in trade chat. You have to give them your item, so they need to be trustworthy.

"
2) how do you go for specific talismans and how do you craft them, since they are already corrupted when you get them?

This is a syndicate thing. Jorgen in Research converts a regular amulet into a talisman. So you get a good amulet, craft it, THEN turn it into a talisman. The tier of the talisman you get is based on the rank of Jorgen. 1 star T1, 2 stars T2, 3 stars T3.

What specific outcome you get within that tier of talismans is random, so you gotta get a bit lucky, or do multiple amulets until you get a result you like.

You cannot turn shaper/elder amulets into talismans, so the most GG (at least for damage) amulets will still be either shaper ele pen, or elder non-chaos as extra chaos. I suppose if we're talking absolute best possible, also double corrupted for +1% max resist and +1 curse (stick a temp chains in your cast when damage taken as well as the enfeeble).

But a talisman is a nice medium budget option to get a little more value out of the slot. You buy a few decent amulets in your price range, craft them, and turn them into talismans. You can sell the "failures" as there's other builds out there that might like different talisman types.
Hello,

I'm following your guide for my Storm Brand char. Game play is really fun and the damage really nice (Acte VII right now).

I got a few questions if you don't mind.

1/ Chaos golem instead of second flame golem ?

2/ How did you craft that Wand ? Orb of Annulement ?

3/ Did you consider Vaal BV for single target ?
Dernière édition par Allexiel67, le 6 janv. 2019 05:15:45
I'm following your build and everything is going fine lv 93 here. Got some good wands a nice inpulsa and the other stuff. Just need a good amulet to squeeze the damage :P
Was thinking why do you have that flask setup. A WiseOak should be very good why not using it?
Thanks
"
Allexiel67 a écrit :
Hello,

I'm following your guide for my Storm Brand char. Game play is really fun and the damage really nice (Acte VII right now).

I got a few questions if you don't mind.

1/ Chaos golem instead of second flame golem ?

Yup that's fine. It isn't an elemental golem so it may die more often, but nothing wrong with it. Stone golem for life regen is an option too.

"
2/ How did you craft that Wand ? Orb of Annulement ?

Yes
alt->regal->annul->multimod
A few pages back we talked about crafting such wands:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2276823/page/5#p16093499

"
3/ Did you consider Vaal BV for single target ?

I did not. I did consider vaal storm call, but I dismissed it mostly because I didn't want to be dependent on vaal skills for boss damage. There's just too much invuln phase this, or reset your souls when you zone that. Lightning spire trap does millions of DPS and it is always available at the start of the fight / phase / etc.
"
OTTOGIGA a écrit :
I'm following your build and everything is going fine lv 93 here. Got some good wands a nice inpulsa and the other stuff. Just need a good amulet to squeeze the damage :P
Was thinking why do you have that flask setup. A WiseOak should be very good why not using it?
Thanks

My flask setup is purely defensive. You could absolutely work in 1-2 offensive flasks if you like. My tendency is to favor survival over damage since the build has tons of damage anyway, but nothing wrong with it.

Cinderswallow urn is pretty easily better damage than wise oak for us. In fact a generic silver flask is as well. Cast speed scales pretty well for us, and we already have -50 resist from malachai's artifice, making the pen less impressive on wise oak. Add to that that onslaught also increases your mobility, and easy choice.

That said, wise oak is also a defensive flask, particularly if you triple balance it (super annoying, but powerful), so it isn't wrong.

I do actually use cinderswallow a bit:

Basically I swap it for my mana flask if I'm not going to need the mana flask on that map. I use the mana flask on big bossing though. Gotta keep that mana up for MoM.

I think the additional move speed and 50% stun avoidance is the best unveil on it, but I happened to get the above one as a drop and didn't care enough to buy the speed one.

If you do use cinderswallow, having any amount of fire damage added to spells (like on an abyss jewel) is helpful so that you can ignite even when you're not in igniting conflux. Not a huge deal though.

Edit: Figured I'd better buy the right one, since I'm talking about it here:
Dernière édition par magicrectangle, le 6 janv. 2019 06:52:46

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires