[3.5] Triple Herald Impalor >>> [SHATTERING STEEL CHAMPION] <<< Melt your enemies! [Cheap Starter]

"
Tortunga a écrit :
Playing one as well (92 at the moment) and here are some remarks from my experience:

A darkness enthroned with 2 damage roll abysall jewels (crit multi, attack speed, adds physical damage to attacks/swords) provide roughtly the same dps as the Nomad does, but can provide 120+ health at the same time. It will cost you a lot more, but if health is a problem later on, it's not a bad choice to look at for upgrades. (costed me roughly 1 ex for each jewel, belt is cheap)

Is the triple herald really worth it? I'm playing as pure physical damage, and my damage is pretty similair to yours in PoB (Bit lower, but got higher impales to balance it out), using fork instead of GMP and a Greywoodshank as MH weapon (beltimer offhand). It allowes for more defensive auras and flasks.

Fork has a wierd interaction with shattering steel, qua shot-gunning. It seems an enemy can get hit by both the projectile as the cone ability, and fork seems to coppy this behavior, allowing both projectiles to hit the main target as well. I'm not 100% sure about this, but as it feels I got more single target damage with fork than slower projectile, I assume it works like that as PoB shows I should do 40-50% more damage with slower projectiles.

Hi there,
Thanks for your feedback!

When read about the interaction between fork and shattering steel I had to try it out right away and it really feels like it can "double shot gun" with the projectiles and cones.

I just test a bit and will do some more testing tomorrow... from my feeling with fork:
> Clear speed got a lot faster
> Dmg got more inconsistant (kinda depends on how big the enemy is and the positioning) but sometimes the dmg complety exlodes and delete high life target in seconds.

I tested at the end with slower projectiles and fork and it feels that the double shotgun effect is more consistant that way what makes sense because everything is bit closer together.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
What about transition to starforge should it boost dmg?
"
bashtart a écrit :
"
Tortunga a écrit :
Playing one as well (92 at the moment) and here are some remarks from my experience:

A darkness enthroned with 2 damage roll abysall jewels (crit multi, attack speed, adds physical damage to attacks/swords) provide roughtly the same dps as the Nomad does, but can provide 120+ health at the same time. It will cost you a lot more, but if health is a problem later on, it's not a bad choice to look at for upgrades. (costed me roughly 1 ex for each jewel, belt is cheap)

Is the triple herald really worth it? I'm playing as pure physical damage, and my damage is pretty similair to yours in PoB (Bit lower, but got higher impales to balance it out), using fork instead of GMP and a Greywoodshank as MH weapon (beltimer offhand). It allowes for more defensive auras and flasks.

Fork has a wierd interaction with shattering steel, qua shot-gunning. It seems an enemy can get hit by both the projectile as the cone ability, and fork seems to coppy this behavior, allowing both projectiles to hit the main target as well. I'm not 100% sure about this, but as it feels I got more single target damage with fork than slower projectile, I assume it works like that as PoB shows I should do 40-50% more damage with slower projectiles.

Hi there,

When read about the interaction between fork and shattering steel I had to try it out right away and it really feels like it can "double shot gun" with the projectiles and cones.

I just test a bit and will do some more testing tomorrow... from my feeling with fork:
> Dmg got more inconsistant (kinda depends on how big the enemy is and the positioning) but sometimes the dmg complety exlodes and delete high life target in seconds.

I tested at the end with slower projectiles and fork and it feels that the double shotgun effect is more consistant that way what makes sense because everything is bit closer together.

Which boss did you do the single target test with Fork on? I tested on the necropolis boss a couple of times and Fork was slower in kill time Vs Slower Projectiles with no flasks up. Would really like to have a benchmark.
Hi, I started this build two days ago and so far I am loving it, it's very different from anything else I've ever really played but it's so much fun.

I was firstly wondering if you take a look at what I have so far gear wise and let me know what you think I should work on next on improving and what I need to be gearing better for.

So far maps are decent but this build is squishier than more other melee builds so getting randomly one shot is not out of the picture but clearing is quick and as if the shotgun effect occurs bosses are super quick as well.

I also wanted to ask about running three heralds, so far mana sustain is a bit of a problem as I will run out of mana just whirling around with whirling blades but be fine when hitting mobs. I also have problems sustaining mana when hitting single targets, especially if they have no mobs around. How do you deal with that?

Thanks again for your build!
"
Vulpix0r a écrit :
"
bashtart a écrit :
"
Tortunga a écrit :

Hi there,

Which boss did you do the single target test with Fork on? I tested on the necropolis boss a couple of times and Fork was slower in kill time Vs Slower Projectiles with no flasks up. Would really like to have a benchmark.

I tried different bosses but it is hard to compare it... so I decided to go for a red elder to try because the phase at the beginning is really nice to test dps. The result was that the setup with Fork did melt RedElder faster what is kinda strange because according to PoB I have following dps per Projectile:
Slower Projectile Setup: 94k
Fork Setup: 66k

So I kinda really think it is possible to shotgun with fork otherwise I cannot explain this.

"
Lumina a écrit :
Hi, I started this build two days ago and so far I am loving it, it's very different from anything else I've ever really played but it's so much fun.

I was firstly wondering if you take a look at what I have so far gear wise and let me know what you think I should work on next on improving and what I need to be gearing better for.

So far maps are decent but this build is squishier than more other melee builds so getting randomly one shot is not out of the picture but clearing is quick and as if the shotgun effect occurs bosses are super quick as well.

I also wanted to ask about running three heralds, so far mana sustain is a bit of a problem as I will run out of mana just whirling around with whirling blades but be fine when hitting mobs. I also have problems sustaining mana when hitting single targets, especially if they have no mobs around. How do you deal with that?

Thanks again for your build!

Hi, there I am glad you like it.

Yeah the build is a bit squishy but normally you can kill the enemies first:)

Your gear looks already decent. The next steps are to get quality 20% on all gems & gear. Just improve piece by piece. Also you will get a lot survivability & dps when you level a bit higher.

I don't really have mana problems but I guess that comes with dps... for now try to get a jewel with "... mana gained when you hit an enemy with attacks".

I order to get tankier you can change a few things... more life... drop an Herald and use Artic Armour instead. Or you also could drop Inspirational and go with Unstoppable Hero instead but then you will also have to drop one Herald.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
So I had a question. Do you feel like Pierce is good for Shattering or would you prefer none Pierce for single target. not actually sure if the AOE portion shotguns, BuT I feel like im not shotgunning with pierce
"
bashtart a écrit :
Hi, there I am glad you like it.

Yeah the build is a bit squishy but normally you can kill the enemies first:)

Your gear looks already decent. The next steps are to get quality 20% on all gems & gear. Just improve piece by piece. Also you will get a lot survivability & dps when you level a bit higher.

I don't really have mana problems but I guess that comes with dps... for now try to get a jewel with "... mana gained when you hit an enemy with attacks".

I order to get tankier you can change a few things... more life... drop an Herald and use Artic Armour instead. Or you also could drop Inspirational and go with Unstoppable Hero instead but then you will also have to drop one Herald.

Thank you for your response, I will start working to get my gems maxxed out. And yeah since you likely have more DPS than I do, you likely don't need to attack for very long so that will likely help with mana. I just have to work towards that and hopefully things will feel better.
Dernière édition par Lumina, le 30 déc. 2018 02:53:05
What is the best enchant? +40% damage or 1 additional projectile?
"
Dajila a écrit :
What about transition to starforge should it boost dmg?

I feel this build works better dual-wielding but starforge is also a very good weapon especially for single target dps.

"
hurin a écrit :
What is the best enchant? +40% damage or 1 additional projectile?

I think both are good option and I decided to go with 40% more damage because I already have so many projectiles.

"
Velemore a écrit :
So I had a question. Do you feel like Pierce is good for Shattering or would you prefer none Pierce for single target. not actually sure if the AOE portion shotguns, BuT I feel like im not shotgunning with pierce

You should try out Fork instead of pierce... see my video below:

"
Tortunga a écrit :

Hi Tortunga,

I made a little video on the shotgun effect with Fork:

Video: SHattering Steel: double shotgun effect with Fork (Red Elder run incl.)?!?!
"
bashtart a écrit :

Hi Tortunga,

I made a little video on the shotgun effect with Fork:

Video: SHattering Steel: double shotgun effect with Fork (Red Elder run incl.)?!?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/aaum2l/there_is_some_odd_interaction_with_shattering/

Just to support your findings, I also did a simple video with and without Fork, it indeed does increase your damage greatly. I'm still conflicted whether it's intended or not.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires