[3.5] Triple Herald Impalor >>> [SHATTERING STEEL CHAMPION] <<< Melt your enemies! [Cheap Starter]

Hi guys, I started this league with a Shattering / Lancing Steel character into the league. This build is based on Shattering / Lancing Steel as main skill. I use Champion to increase the damage of enemies taken as much as possible and use the Herald of Purity to support my damage. With the natural tankyness of Champion this build should be really strong!

Update 30.12.2018:
> I changed the Shattering Steel setup and added Fork to it... check out the video I made about it and try it out!

If you want to know what this build is all about check out the following video:
Video: >>> NEW BUILD GUIDE VIDEO!!! <<<
Video: SHattering Steel: double shotgun effect with Fork (Red Elder run incl.)?!?!
Video: >>> Shattering Steel Champion Build Preview! <<<
Video: How to create & improve builds with Path of Building!

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/NMjN8ZTn
(PoB does not considers many damage multipliers like impale, etc. I guess the impale should increase the dmg by about 40-50%. I guess about 1 to 1,5m realistic shaper dps should be possible.)

WORK IN PROGRESS! If you have idea how to improve the build or have any question please write an answer to this thread :) no PM's!

Pro's & Con's:
+ High dps (shotgun bosses)
+ Very high movement speed with whirling blades
+ Strong clear speed (feels a bit like Frost Blades)
+ Strong defence as Champion
+ Budget friendly (most important uniques 2x Beltimber & Haemophilia gloves you get all together for about 5chaos. For my endgame gear I invested about 260 to 300 chaos orbs... a bit more than two exalted.)
+ fast and fun playstyle

- needs some uniques to work
- it is hard to reach more life than 6k

Gear: (level 91)

Gearing

In generell look for following stats on gear:
> Life
> Resistances
> Damage to attacks
> Life / Mana gained on hit
> Armor / Evasion
> Missing attributes (int can be a problem)
On the weapon look for:
> High physical damage
> High attack speed
> High base crit chance
> Crit Multi

Weapons:
Dual-Wielding:
Rare-Onehanded Sword: High physical damage, crit chance, attack speed and crit multi.
Beltimber Blades: great for this build, two additiona projectiles and far shot.
Grelwood Shank: Even a bit better than Beltimber but much more expensive.
Rare Sword: high physical damage (+350pdps), high crit chance (+6%), high attack speed (1,9aps)

Two-Handed:
Terminus Est: great cheap sword which gives frenzy charges in boss fights.
Starforge: for sick damage... can be expensive. Allows physical damage to shock.

Belt:
The Nomad: just a really good option to push your dps
Rare Styigan Vise: with high life and resistances

Body Armour: (at least 5 linked for the main damage setup)
Daresso' Defiance: really good chest which makes this build really fast and fun
Loreweave: really good for dps and survivability (80% max resistances)
Rare: with high life and resistances

Gloves:
Rare Gloves with high life and resistances
Tombfist: also very good option for this build.
Haemophilia: for bleed explosions

Boots:
Rare boots: with at least 25% movement speed, high life and resistances.

Helmet:
Rare helmet: high life and resistances, entchantment (40% shattering steel damage or +1 additional projectile)
Starkonja's Head: would also be a viable option

Rings:
Rare ring: with high life, resistances, physical damage to attack, life on hit (+10), curse on hit (warlord's, poacher's, assasin's mark or vulnerability)

Amulet:
Rare amulett: high life, resistances, physical damage to attacks, crit chance & multiplier
Gloomfang (shattering steel only): the chain helps a lot with clear speed. I would not use this for harder boss fights.

Skills:
Shattering Steel > Greater Multiple Projectiles > Fork > Maim > Vicious Projectiles > Slower Projectiles

(So it seems there is wiered interaction between Shattering Steel and Fork which alows us to shotgun enemies with the projectile and the cone of the skill. It is not confirmed that is works like that... so try it out and let me know your feedback. Oh yeah and clear speed with fork feels amazing.)

Whirling Blades / Leap Slam > Faster Attacks > Fortify

Cast When Damage Taken + Orb of Storm + Power Charge on Critical

Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call > Enfeeble > Molten Shell

Herald of Purity
Herald of Ash
Herald of Agony
Dread Banner

Summon Lightning Golem
Vaal Haste
Ancestral Protector
Blood Rage

Skill Tree
Skill Tree: Skill Tree level 92 (click me)

Ascendancy Champion
1) Master of Metal
2) Conqueror
3) Worthy Foe
4) Inspirational

Pantheon & Bandits:
Bandits:
Kill them all for two extra passive points.

Pantheon:
Soul of Solaris
Soul of Tukohama

Leveling:
In generell look for following stats on gear:
> Life
> Resistances
> Damage to attacks
> Life / Mana gained on hit
> Armor / Evasion
On the weapon look for:
> High physical damage
> High attack speed

Try to get skill setups show in the guide above as soon as possible.

Leveling Uniques

Here a few uniques which might help you while leveling: (required level)
> Tabula Rasa (1)
> Wanderlust (4)
> Thief's Torment (30)
> The Nomad (48, also our endgame belt)
> Oni-Goroshi (1, can be your leveling weapon which is also viable for endgame)
> Story of the Vaal (35)
> Terminus Est (51)

Level 1 to 15
I started to level with Molten Strike from level 2 and added onslaught and chance to bleed to it. WIth lvl 12 Shattering Steel becomes available but I felt Shattering Steel is not very strong early on against single target so I decided to level with Molten Strike for a while. I just tried to use the highest dps weapons I could find on the way.

Skills:
Molten Strike + Ancestral Call + Onslaught
or
Shattering Steel + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Onslaught

War Banner
Ancestral Protector
Leap Slam

Skill Tree lvl 15

Level 16 to 30

Normally when I come to act to directly rush to the Chambers of Sin to make the quest to get my Herald's because the help a lot with clear speed.

Skills:
Molten Strike + Ancestral Call + Onslaught + Faster Attacks / Added ... Damage Support
Dread Banner
Herald of Agony
Herald of Purity
Ancestral Protector
Leap Slam / whirling blades + Faster Attacks

Skill Tree lvl 30

Level 31 to 45

Arround level 36-40 I would recommend to go for the first lab. I decided to go for "Master of Steel" first because it gives a good push to dps and survivbility.

Skills:
Shattering Steel > Greater Multiple Projectiles > Vicious Projectiles > Maim > Slower Projectiles
(Normally at this level you should have a four linked item. Depending on the colors you need to find a good skill setup. I would not invest anything into coloring early on)
Herald of Agony
Herald of Purity
Dread Banner
Ancestral Protector
Leap Slam / Whiring Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify
CWDT + Immortal Call + Enfeeble

Skill Tree Level 45

Level 46 to 60

More or less just improve your gear with the items you find on the way. After act 5 you will need to work on your resistances because of the debuff you get (-30% all res). I normally try to avoid to balance my whole gear while leveling and use Purity of Elements (instead of one Herald) and also a Bismuth Flask. With level 53 you can use Terminus Est. I would recommend to buy it because it will help you a lot. Somewhere between level 60-65 I would recommend to make the second lab and go for "Conquerer".

Skill Tree lvl 60

Level 61 to 75

Normally in this level I would recommend to improve your gear, skill setups and level up. When I reach the blood aqueduct I always farm a few level to get stronger. Before I do the final boss I normally go shopping and spend the currency I found while leveling mainly for rare gear with high life and resistances rolls to cap my resistances. Then I do the third labyrinth to get "Worthy Foe". And after that with level 72 I killed Kitava and started mapping. Depending on who expierenced you are and how good your gear is you can do the lab earlier.

Here my gear with lvl 72:

Skill Tree level 72

Leveling is over now... but more dangerous monster are waiting for us :)

Questions & Answers
Spoiler

Which entchantments should I use?
Helmet: 40% Damage, 1 Additional projectile, Fortify (all three options for shattering steel are good imo.)
Gloves: does not really matter, I rather would get vulnerability on hit
Boots: I personally like +2% mana / life regerneration when hit or 16% faster attack / cast speed when you killed an enemy.
Mana Problems while leveling.... what can I do?
Get mana on hit... I used a jewel while leveling for that reason. Also do use too fast weapons... if you use slower weapons you will not need so much mana. If you can afford it get a thief's torment ring.

Have fun guys!
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Dernière édition par bashtart, le 19 janv. 2019 01:07:20
Dernier bump le 10 juin 2019 08:32:17
Wouldn’t it be worth the 2 points for dervish if dual wielding?
Or defiance if using a shield
What bandit did you go with?
"
Beahota a écrit :
Wouldn’t it be worth the 2 points for dervish if dual wielding?

"
Beahota a écrit :
Or defiance if using a shield

Yes definitly worth it but atm I am not quit sure how I want to go.

I think about following options:
1) two Grelwood Shank sword dual wielding
2) onehand with shield
3) twohanded with terminus est and starforge for endgame.

I think I gonna go with terminus es because it is the cheapest option.

"
Dolly_Daggers a écrit :
What bandit did you go with?

Killed them all for two extra passive points.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
What type of weapon are you gonna try to get late to endgame with this build? Thanks(:
~KeepCalmAndCarryHard~
"
Heroicheart a écrit :
What type of weapon are you gonna try to get late to endgame with this build? Thanks(:

I think I will go with Terminus Est to get going and later go for Starforge.
Im going for dual wield with 2 grelwood, the nomad belt, and lioneyes vision.
"
katsuragi18 a écrit :
Im going for dual wield with 2 grelwood, the nomad belt, and lioneyes vision.

Yeah thought about dual-wielding grelwood too but I decided to go with terminus est because it is cheap... but wanna try that out maybe later when got more currency.
not sure using GMP is the best choice.

certainly as i was leveling it was definitely NOT the best choice, but that's because you've always got a lame weapon. since you get the 4 projectiles anyway i found that leveling withe vicious proj instead of GMP was much better.

also, leave off fortitude ? sure it's relatively easy to keep fortitude going by linking in to leap slam or something but I reall don't think worthy foe better than fortitude. Worthy foe only gives a 20% _increased_ damage , not more damage which makes it useless. the cannot evade is not a particular strong skill either.

I think your tree is pretty solid for swords, I came up with almost the exact same one. because of the location of the sword nodes you don't have a lot of choices.

i think this skill is kind of meh so far.

thanks for writing the guide.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires