[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Med1umentor a écrit :
"
Med1umentor a écrit :
Also, for those who don't like blood rage setup that eat away our ES and blocking ES recharge start.

I have different solution, but it comes at the cost of absense of a second WI staff on weapon swap, but on the other hand, it greatly diminishes our gem slot problems.

The things is - blood rage is removed together with gem, but we can't do that in the middle of battle, so we just place it on the weapon swap. So weapon swap, use blood rage, and weapon swap again. That way we can activate "stopped taking DOT damage" even without immortal call, and also it great way to "hurt yourself" before trap of the labyrinth, and activate unstoppable ES recharge to run through it.

But wait, there is more! As you all know, there is new craftable veiled mod, that "trigger socketed spell when use a skill", and those things are cheap as hell. So we can even place our frost bomb setup on it, and activate both blood rage and frost bomb at the same time (frost bomb will not go anywhere even after weapon swap, because the moment it was placed, it become completely independent from our gems). And we can do it with a skill as instant cast, even during the run, without stoping. (or with a skill that we want to use anyway, like vigilant strike)

In short, we can place there any of our supporting skills to cast, and cast it manually alltogether by weapon swap and one button.

There are tons of combo that will ease our life, i will investigate slightly further right now, any ideas are welcomed :) (coldsnap+bonechill, hello ^_^)

P.S. The only downside is that you need to get used to weapon swap notion, and waste "single target setup WI". But on the other hand, i don't even use "single target weapon swap WI" anymore. When i changed to 5 link winter orb, i use that instead for both bossing and map clear. It do both with flying colors. Maybe i will change my mind in more deep late game, but right now single target setup only make me to waste more time.

Update: Cause vigilant strike and fortify isn't one entity, removing vigilant strike from gems don't remove our fortify buff. Also, it's not a spell, so it will not be triggered by veiled mod, and will not clunk our order of skill activation.
So we can safely place vigilant strike+ancestral call+blood rage in one hand, and coldsnap+bonechill+frost bomb in another.

That give us 4 free gem slots at the very least.

So, is anyone at all have any comments about my new strat? I'm lonely that everyone just ignored me :(
If you think that it's bad decision, please comment on it, and explain why. I will try to improve it, or just drop that idea entirely if it's unsalvageble :)

You would have to:
1) sacrifice your swap weapon setup;
2) swap weapon every X sec, hit BR, swap weapon again.

That's a lot of work to save 1 gem socket. And if you make a small mistake and press X one too many (or too few) times - you are dead. I don't see myself doing something like that in the middle of fighting Uber Elder or Aul. This build is for slow and lazy people :)
Dernière édition par Kelvynn, le 19 déc. 2018 20:15:21
"
Gladiator25CZ a écrit :
Why are you rushing Frigid wake in cruel? Wouldn't be Vile bastion much more powerfull? There is the regen and stund immune vs freeze immune that can be replaced with flask and little 33% chance to freeze boss for 0.6s.

The leveling procedure was copied over from the Ascendant version. Leveling with life is generally safer - you can use flasks. I haven't had an opportunity to level as a ES based character since before ES was nerfed in 3.0. No idea if it's safe enough. Freezing everything around you is awesome. Frigid Wake triggers a lot of HoA explosions. Free cold pen is awesome too.

You are certainly welcome to level as ES with Vile Bastion if you prefer.
"
Jangri a écrit :
"
Kelvynn a écrit :
"
Jangri a écrit :
Currently feeling very safe with this build, 1670 int and 9.1k ES @ lvl 89. Done up to tier 14, ele reflect is managable, no leach i just skip.

What upgrades do you think I should aim for next?

Do you have Watcher's Eye? No Leech is not a problem at all with it, except for T16 bosses (and not even all cases there).

No, don't have it yet. The ES on hit seem to go for about 5ex, which i don't currently have

I caught mine for 2 ex yesterday with a live search, and there were a lot of 3 ex ones popping up too.

If you prefer to stay under 2 ex budget then just look for more Int on any items that have less than 50, more ES than your current items and start vaaling belts.
Dernière édition par Kelvynn, le 19 déc. 2018 20:13:45
Do you find that the ES recharge downside to Ghost Reaver hurts you at all? I have been waiting for a version of this build but I really don't love the idea of pathing all the way to GR/VP.
Do you have a POB link with all the jewels and everything by any chance?
is there any particular reason you cannot play this as a low life build with shav? downsides/upsides?

also, why no ice bite link to herald of ice, for free frenzy charges?
Dernière édition par falagar112, le 20 déc. 2018 01:25:45
"
falagar112 a écrit :
is there any particular reason you cannot play this as a low life build with shav? downsides/upsides?

There is one very big downside to that - shav doesnt have flat int, doesnt have %int, and you will lose about 200-250 flat ES from chest (meaning less ES, less ES recovery because less leech cap...). And all of this defense/offense cannot be gained through additional 1-2 auras.
The only was how LL setup could work is if you obtain Vitality life leech+Discipline ES on hit watcher eye so you can drop life leech gem for another more multiplier.
"
Kelvynn a écrit :
"
lilianmarius a écrit :
Hello I am coming back with this question :

How can we know that we deal enough damage in order to chill end-game bosses?

Hypothermia is kinda useless against end game bosses if we can't chill them!

Icestorm chill ground = always 10% chill.
AA (if they are hitting you) = always 30% chill.
AA + Bonechill = they are also taking increased damage while hitting you (LOL @ minotaur)

Thanks for clarifications! Regarding Bonechill what's the %more damage we get from supporting AA with it? Does the damage multiplier apply constantly when we get hit or there is a spike in our damage output from time to time?
"
lilianmarius a écrit :
Regarding Bonechill what's the %more damage we get from supporting AA with it? Does the damage multiplier apply constantly when we get hit or there is a spike in our damage output from time to time?

30% more damage for 0.5 sec after hit.
Trying to maximize the DPS/damage output for clearing maps:
At the moment i have in the "clearing trash" staff the following combo:

5L - Winter Orb/CwC/GMP/Cold Penetration/Controlled Destruction
1L - Spell Cascade

In PoB if I switch Cold Penetration with Hypothermia i get better DPS/Average Hit values both for Winter Orb and Icestorm for both conditions: normal mobs with 0% Elemental resistances and normal map boss with 30% elemental resistances

What do you guys think for clearing trash should switch Cold Penetration with Hypothermia?
I am also using an Wise Oak flask which penetrates elemental resistances for 15% during usage so the gap of DPS with Hypothermia vs Cold Penetration is even bigger when flask is up in favour of Hypothermia.

I'm saying that there are some diminishing returns when you reach a certain value of elemental penetration (skill tree points, flask, debuff, etc.) so for some type of clearing(trash mobs , normal bosses) penetration is not always best dps combo in the setup. At least this is what PoB says.
Dernière édition par lilianmarius, le 20 déc. 2018 10:21:42

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires