[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Why are you rushing Frigid wake in cruel? Wouldn't be Vile bastion much more powerfull? There is the regen and stund immune vs freeze immune that can be replaced with flask and little 33% chance to freeze boss for 0.6s.
"
Gladiator25CZ a écrit :
Why are you rushing Frigid wake in cruel? Wouldn't be Vile bastion much more powerfull? There is the regen and stund immune vs freeze immune that can be replaced with flask and little 33% chance to freeze boss for 0.6s.

Because kelvynn prefer to be lifebased until the very last moment of the leveling, and damage for him better there.
But i agree with you, i will never sell 2 absurd ES defensive ascendancy for anything, especially for that measly damage that i don't even need.
In addition to a WO+GMP 5L setup, and since I'm using a Warlord's Mark on Hit ring anyhow, I decided to try out Profane Bloom in place of Frigid Wake... the clear speed improvement feels pretty significant.
First Shaper kill (deathless) for me with this version of Whispering Ice:

Fight was easy, was a bit nervous about low dps compared to Ascendant fire version that would make the fight longer and could trigger many cold vortexes on the ground (one damage element that seemed to me quite dangerous with Fire version especially vortexes triggered during bubble phase).

Was wrong, the DPS is quite sustained only 1-2 vortexes had the chance to spawn. More than that with this Occultist version i easily out leeched Shaper beam + ghost Shaper barrage at the same time :)

Icestorm DPS with Concentrated Effect tool tip in hideout at the moment of the fight: 5.487 (three times lower than the DPS i had on my first Shaper kill last league with Fire Ascendant version - 16.300). Strange numbers isn't it ?

Drop was nice!

Conclusion: This Occultist cold version of the build is End game viable for sure, had some doubts at one moment in time that this version is a lot worse than the Ascendant fire version regarding end game bosses cause of lower DPS. It seems my doubts were not confirmed! :)

Dernière édition par lilianmarius, le 19 déc. 2018 19:02:55
If you have a 6L shaped staff with build in cast while channeling can you replace the whispering ice with it or is there some other benefit to the staff?

I wondering where to imporove my gear now, I know I need new rings and right now I have dex higher that str due to a ring but if I take it off dex and str are even so I've been looking for one. I get a little confused following guides due to being dislexic and unable to remember words and mixing things up sometimes. Stat lists can confuse me. I think I mostly have it just need to get some better rolls. Clearing t7 maps now, I only have issues if there's crazy mods on the map. Haven't had a t8 drop yest but looks like i can make maps roll higher at the device now I've never made lvl 90 before but expect to this league.

https://pastebin.com/0D4aBApK
Dernière édition par teknik1200, le 19 déc. 2018 19:15:50
"
teknik1200 a écrit :
If you have a 6L shaped staff with build in cast while channeling can you replace the whispering ice with it or is there some other benefit to the staff?

The staff is 100% required for this build. It is why this build focuses on so much Intelligence because it gives us 1% spell damage for every 10 points. We also use it for the spell Ice Storm. There is no other way to get this spell in the game aside from using this staff.
"
lilianmarius a écrit :
Hello I am coming back with this question :

How can we know that we deal enough damage in order to chill end-game bosses?

Hypothermia is kinda useless against end game bosses if we can't chill them!

Icestorm chill ground = always 10% chill.
AA (if they are hitting you) = always 30% chill.
AA + Bonechill = they are also taking increased damage while hitting you (LOL @ minotaur)
"
zihaozhang a écrit :
Hi Kelvynn,

Your build is awesome. I’ve been looking for a valid and relative not expensive CI build for a few leagues, yours is the best one I can find. However, I have a question about your build concept.

I understand that high intelligence will provide extra mana, increased % of ES, plus increase % of damage because of the unique staff (Not sure if it’s local or global). But I didn’t see why we want to detour some spell damage or energy shield points, especially the beginning points of witch they’re pretty good.

Every 10 intelligence will give 5 mana and 2% of ES. The minimum energy shield point will give you 6%, which equals 3 small intelligence points, even you have mod of increase % of intelligence, let’s say 50%, it still equals 2 small int points. The beginning points of witch that you skipped will give you (12, 10, 6, 10), avg is 9.5. You’ll need at least 12 small int points to catch up this much ES. The spell dmg point you skipped are (12, 10, 10, 10), you’ll need at least 28 small int points to catch up (again, assume you have 50% increased intelligence ). My point is if you take all of these dmg & ES points, it’s only 8 points, it will be better than 120 int you got. I don’t consider the extra mana that int will bring because I think due to you won’t level up winter orb, you don’t really need a large mana pool.

Again, please don’t get me wrong, I agree to build up a high int, but have concern to choose so many small int instead others. Let me know your opinion. Thanks.

Int bonus is not flat. Base Int is increased by %Int mods (which get really noticeable with high end gear). Icestorm damage increases in 2 ways as well: base and duration.

We've been over this sort of questions long time ago. But now there is PoB. It still doesn't take duration into account, but you can see what hit damage and ES values you can get when you switch between Int, ES and damage nodes on the tree. Play with it, you'll answer your own questions.
You said 4x Fertile mind, i can see where two would be useful, next to charisma, and above vaal pact, but where are you suggesting i put the other two?
Also wondering what a baseline Int count should be for end game bossing? Im currently sitting at around 1750 in PoB with my planned gear

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires