[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Xavathos a écrit :
"
lolepple a écrit :
I fully agree!
I would only consider using a different gem than Life Leech for mapping, once I have the Watchers Eye.

Any suggestion on a DPS gem?

The best one you can use is Controlled Destruction. Elemental Focus is higher damage but... wouldn't recommend it for obvious reasons. Controlled Destruction does remove any and all crit increasing nodes you may have on the tree though. You may want to move those into other damage nodes instead.

Not sure what you mean by "Controlled Destruction does remove any and all crit increasing nodes you may have on the tree"

CD just says "100% reduced critical strike chance", not less, meaning that those crit nodes will partially offset the downside of CD. Also, CD can't lower the critical strike chance below 5%. And, if you don't link CD with Winter Orb, that skill has a 9% chance to crit (base 6% plus 50% increased from our tree), which should be enough to enable Elemental Overload. And you really shouldn't need the extra damage from Elemental Overload on trash anyway.
If I were to make this in HC, how viable is it? I'm having the difficulty in the 3rd act (ripped on 2 chars) using this build, due to the lack of defensive nods while going for VAAL pact. I was wondering if maybe there is something I could do, even if it means switching to the Staff Later.
"
cyberwolf575 a écrit :
If I were to make this in HC, how viable is it? I'm having the difficulty in the 3rd act (ripped on 2 chars) using this build, due to the lack of defensive nods while going for VAAL pact. I was wondering if maybe there is something I could do, even if it means switching to the Staff Later.

I'd say totally viable, but you absolutely 100% have to avoid anything even vaguely Syndicate related, because they start getting super rippy in Act 3 for this build. All of my SC deaths before swapping to WI have been at the hands of these 1 shotting overtuned screen obscuring sods. Also a death in the first lab, but that was because I thought trying a lab run at 3 in the morning was a good idea.

I'd say swap to Winter Orb asap (need to be lvl 28 to use it) in Act 3 and link it with Inc. Duration and LMP. I found it's auto aim is a huge help until you get WI.

If you plan on swapping to WI well after lvl 39, consider swapping the bulk of the pssives 1-39 part with the passives 40-60 part. Pick up EO earlier and head for Heart of Ice/Breath of Rime earlier. Just remember to plan ahead at what point you swap to WI so you can bee line for VP when you need to.
Dernière édition par Solax, le 13 déc. 2018 16:15:19
Thank you! I could switch at any time, I have the Staff, the Armor Piece and the Gem waiting in my stash. But it's just the fact that I have 600-700hp during that push for VP. Are there any nods you'd recommend taking even if maybe I'd switch just a bit later than 39? Just so my survive stays up. Or Should I keep aiming at swapping fully at 39? Thank you again for the reply!
Does Hypothermia needed for farming or can I change it to controlled destruction? Don't know if the constant 50% boost worth the 10% chance to freeze, as it does 40% more dmg to chilled enemies, so CD does 10% more dmg with less crit, but that's not really an option with Battery.
Dernière édition par zsirfoka, le 13 déc. 2018 17:07:00
Does having the 2 fertile minds around the scion start make the dex they overlap on count double?

I know if your post you mentioned having a few more than made sense to me at the time but just chalked it up to you cuting and pasting some of the scion guide into this one. But looking at your actual betrayl chracter youve got 2 fertile minds that overlap by the pathing down to VP. The wording on the gem says dex is converted to int, does that let you double dip those 2 dex nodes and get 20 int from each? Or are you just holding one there until you have another spot to put it in?
IGN
Domination: CockBlockingAxes zomgwtfbbqlegs, GotYourselfAGun
Standard: LookAtMyHorseMyHorse, ComeOnNSlamEveryBodyJam, AdmiralTrapar
"
goatcheese61 a écrit :
Does having the 2 fertile minds around the scion start make the dex they overlap on count double?

Yep! The few nodes that have overlap get converted twice, so when you mouse over them, they say +20 Int.
Hi i've just got a question.

I can't seem to get the channeling winter orb going. Does it need exactly 4l + 2l?
Because i got nog 3L + 1 + 2L(ofr winter orb at the bottom of the staff) but i cant cast ice storm...
"
cyberwolf575 a écrit :
Thank you! I could switch at any time, I have the Staff, the Armor Piece and the Gem waiting in my stash. But it's just the fact that I have 600-700hp during that push for VP. Are there any nods you'd recommend taking even if maybe I'd switch just a bit later than 39? Just so my survive stays up. Or Should I keep aiming at swapping fully at 39? Thank you again for the reply!

If you feel you're lacking in Life, you can take the two extra nodes by "Cruel Preparation" and "Heart and Soul." There's also the nodes to "Melding" on the way down to VP. This build only calls for 9 refund points spent, so those extra 6 points won't cost you anything to refund later on. Unfortunately, Witch is a bit Life starved compared to the other classes.

Don't forget, you can craft "+X Life" on every piece of gear you use as a prefix.
I think hypothermia + bonechill support will be the best to use for sockets 5 and 6 am i right?
Dernière édition par Fraktal_, le 13 déc. 2018 21:20:57

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires