[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Any thoughts on skilltree and items needed if I want to try this build with ES regen (Zealot's oath) rather than leech?
"
Statikc a écrit :
Any thoughts on skilltree and items needed if I want to try this build with ES regen (Zealot's oath) rather than leech?

Yeah, Soul Strike, which is a quiver, so that won't work. VP leech is by far and wide the best option for sustain on a hit-based build like this.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
lolepple a écrit :
If you have a watchers eye with ES on hit, what Gem Setup would you guys suggest for mapping? I guess we do not need the leech then?

While good, I don't think the ES on hit off-sets the need for leech entirely. It is very significant to be sure, but so is the damage taken this league...

Could anyone post videos of this build working in hard endgame conditions and rippy bosses?...beside the short video that post op tanking in 3.4 shaper beam...Could we survive shaper slam?
Dernière édition par yissus, le 13 déc. 2018 09:21:29
"
yissus a écrit :
Could anyone post videos of this build working in hard endgame conditions and rippy bosses?...beside the short video that post op tanking in 3.4 shaper beam...Could we survive shaper slam?

With 8k or more ES having Basalt and Granite flasks up and standing still for AA to count, Shaper Slam is a joke!
"
Xavathos a écrit :
"
lolepple a écrit :
If you have a watchers eye with ES on hit, what Gem Setup would you guys suggest for mapping? I guess we do not need the leech then?

While good, I don't think the ES on hit off-sets the need for leech entirely. It is very significant to be sure, but so is the damage taken this league...

For clearing trash is OK to swap LL from staff with a DPS gem if you have the Watcher's Eye with +ES on hit and the Uber lab leech enchant on boots. Vile Bastion ascendancy also helps with regen of ES when you kill packs so I think for this situation LL gem is not mandatory anymore.

For hard hitting bosses (Shaper, Guardians, Uber Elder, Dvelve bosses, etc.) on the other hand I would not drop the LL gem from Staff. You need every bit of leech when the damage is huge and constant and regen from Vile Bastion not activating.
Dernière édition par lilianmarius, le 13 déc. 2018 11:29:28
Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but the vaaled maps above T12 is a bit hard.

so
- Guys, what is your tooltip on IceStorm unbuffed ?
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
"
lilianmarius a écrit :
"
Xavathos a écrit :
"
lolepple a écrit :

For clearing trash is OK to swap LL from staff with a DPS gem if you have the Watcher's Eye with +ES on hit and the Uber lab leech enchant on boots. Vile Bastion ascendancy also helps with regen of ES when you kill packs so I think for this situation LL gem is not mandatory anymore.

For hard hitting bosses (Shaper, Guardians, Uber Elder, Dvelve bosses, etc.) on the other hand I would not drop the LL gem from Staff. You need every bit of leech when the damage is huge and constant and regen from Vile Bastion not activating.

I fully agree!
I would only consider using a different gem than Life Leech for mapping, once I have the Watchers Eye.

Any suggestion on a DPS gem?
"
lolepple a écrit :

I fully agree!
I would only consider using a different gem than Life Leech for mapping, once I have the Watchers Eye.

I think with the combination of an ES on hit Watcher's Eye, Atziri's Promise, and the leech boot enchant, you can probably get away without LL while mapping. Probably switch back to it for Syndicate encounters, since those hit pretty hard!

Mapping setup is probably something like:
Winter Orb - CwC - Hypothermia - Cold Pen - Controlled Destruction - Spell Cascade

You can also try Inc AoE instead of Spell Cascade, which will result in higher damage and better game performance with an area that's bigger than normal, but not as big as Spell Cascade

You can then have a second staff on swap with:

Winter Orb - CwC - Hypothermia - Cold Pen - Life Leech - Conc Effect
Dernière édition par Bananaderson, le 13 déc. 2018 13:58:54
"
lolepple a écrit :
I fully agree!

The best one you can use is Controlled Destruction. Elemental Focus is higher damage but... wouldn't recommend it for obvious reasons. Controlled Destruction does remove any and all crit increasing nodes you may have on the tree though. You may want to move those into other damage nodes instead.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires