[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

Progressing nicely, starting to do red maps at this point with no problems. Monsters in ultimatums certainly seem to deal more damage, but no death so far while doing every single ultimatum (including stone circles). To note, i keep track of my deaths - currently 11 total, 8 of them due to dc/lag, 2 to uber lab traps (didn't have instant life flask which i usually do) and 1 to ultimatum back in act 7 (picked horrible mod).

Managed to buy Ryslatha's Coil around 1 hour ago and as usual - one of best upgrades you can make. It's price is ridiculous right now unfortunately. I can also buy Farrul's Fur too, so i'm nearly ready to switch to Siege Ballista.

Something i can very much recommend is "Cannot be Hindered" jewel. You can pick hindering phantasms and 50% flask hinder ultimatums for free since they no longer affect you.

"
Dranzerk a écrit :
Spoiler
I'm "sorta" following this as i level right now, only lvl 70, but why is Artillary balistca not used much? I was leveling it on 2nd weapon set, and started using it to see it work, it clears a LOT faster than shrapnel. shrapnel does better on single target, but i find myself using the art ones more and more.

Is it just cause shrapnel is more phy damage and lots of mobs resist it? Because right now art ones is half the damage output as seige ones, only difference is they do fire vs phy damage.

Not using any special gear, just drops i find atm. on 4L

Your build uses impale, which is completely different mechanic from bleed. Artillery is horrible for both due to 100% phys -> fire conversion which makes it impossible to apply impale OR bleed. Shrapnel is great for impale due to high damage output in small hits. Siege is best option for bleed due to high damage scaling.

Overall if you're going impale then this it the wrong guide, iirc there was an impale Shrapnel Ballista before. What happened to it - i don't know.

"
basta1982 a écrit :
That's true. I always felt i could do more on the gloves-/ballista-slot, making it a real 6, 7 or even 8 slot (essences, shaper-/elder-mods), but with harvest gone that's pretty much impossible to do anymore and the impact would not have been huge as well.

That's one of the reason i'm awaiting PoE2. New gem system will allow these more complicated builds.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
After few days of break from lags, they returned once again so i didn't play as much. However i did progress enough to finally kill Sirus. Overall i farmed decent amount of T14+ maps and i... don't really understand people's complaints that build's not tanky and they die quite often.

So far i have not died a single time to map monsters (although i was very close twice in a sketchy map with Baran+Sirus influence). Ultimatums are for the most part easy thanks to Herald of Purity and Vaal RoA. If you remember i was very concerned about build's survivability in Ritual league and people here told me it wasn't very good. Meanwhile i'm completely facerolling it like rest of the content. So i'm a little confused how do people actually die that easily.

As i mentioned in previous post i do keep track of my deaths and here you can see them:

List of all my death so far
Total RIP Count: 14
Speed up lag: 6
DC: 3
My fault: 5

#1-6 RIPs - DC or lag in acts 2-4.
#7 RIP - Greedy in ultimatum, act 7, T2 lightning storm in a tight corridor was not a very smart idea.
#8 RIP - lag in T3 map.

#9 RIP - Brain lag in uber lab, died to easy traps. I did not die to lab in years.
#10 RIP - I'm ashamed of myself now, same thing.
#11 RIP - lag death, ultimatum challenge farming in act 10.

#12 RIP - Got hit by very edge of Baran's slam, wouldn't happen if my Blink Arrow wasn't super fast. I'll save you longer explaination.
#13 RIP - lag during Sirus.
#14 RIP - small mistake during Sirus (you can see it on video).
RIPS: #1 Act 2, #2-3 Act 3, #4-6 Act 4, #7 Act 7 (my fault), #8 T3 map, #9-10 Uber Lab, #11 , #12 Baran, #13-14 Sirus

Now onto more positive topic - i did record 2 map clears at low and mid budget versions of the build which i'll add to video section soon so people can see how it's doing. I also did record my A5 Sirus kill from yesterday but well... it wasn't very good since lag reappeared but i died less times than i expected so i consider it success.

T5 Lighthouse, minimal budget (2c)
T15 Veritania, medium budget (Ryslatha's Coil + some cheap stuff)
Laggy A5 Sirus kill, so you can see my pain with lags

Overall i'm happy how the build is doing so far and i don't have any cluster jewels yet or a good bow. Performs just fine despite the nerfs. Maven content requires high budget anyway so i don't count that one. Most people don't get to it anyway. I'm still planning to switch to ballista setup since precise puncture aiming is not my favorite activity in a game.

One last thing, i did think about crafting method for physical bow. There's one very good, slightly RNG method that should allow crafting really damn good bows - similar to the one i have in PoB. Once i craft my own bow i'll share it. Expect an update soon.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 26 avr. 2021 10:41:01
Hey thanks for all the work! cant wait to see how to craft a phys bow.

Does the puncture helm enchant do anything if im using assailum?
Dernière édition par Zyaak2point0, le 26 avr. 2021 22:54:13
Hello

Is there are some unic bows for leveling up?
Or it's should be Crafted bows?
"
Zyaak2point0 a écrit :
Hey thanks for all the work! cant wait to see how to craft a phys bow.

Does the puncture helm enchant do anything if im using assailum?

Yes, Assailum simply casts socketed bow gems when you release Snipe - which is Puncture gem in this case.

"
jAEGARD a écrit :
Hello

Is there are some unic bows for leveling up?
Or it's should be Crafted bows?

Anything with high physical damage. Crafted, unique - doesn't matter. Silverbranch and Silverbough should carry you nicely. You can also use Death's Harp / Death's Oath instead of Silverbough.
Ok nice ty! So would you say for high-end bow sometHING with 450+ pDPS and just ignore the new multiplier mod?
I meant to say this multiple times now but i kept forgetting. With removal of 100% more bleed damage mod, that also means crit bleed is now stronger than ever since big chunk of RNG has been removed. I did try it once in harvest and it performed well, so now should be even better... except well... Haemorrhage cluster notable has been nerfed so it's only slightly stronger than Rend in terms of damage. Extra bleed duration is more valuable since that means you can use Swift Affliction instead of Unbound Ailments and don't feel bad.

I'll use my calculator to see how the numbers look like later.

"
Zyaak2point0 a écrit :
Ok nice ty! So would you say for high-end bow sometHING with 450+ pDPS and just ignore the new multiplier mod?

Yes, similar damage increase while being stronger long term and easier to craft and cheap 6-linking. My bow already looks like this:

Got a bit lucky with T2 hybrid phys. Eventually it should reach ~500 max phys, or maybe even 550-600 if it were Citadel bow. I need to grind something first and then get a little lucky. As usual, Citadel for highest potential damage while Spine Bow/Imperial Bow for QoL and speed without compromising damage too much.
"
DankawSL a écrit :
I meant to say this multiple times now but i kept forgetting. With removal of 100% more bleed damage mod, that also means crit bleed is now stronger than ever since big chunk of RNG has been removed. I did try it once in harvest and it performed well, so now should be even better... except well... Haemorrhage cluster notable has been nerfed so it's only slightly stronger than Rend in terms of damage. Extra bleed duration is more valuable since that means you can use Swift Affliction instead of Unbound Ailments and don't feel bad.

I'll use my calculator to see how the numbers look like later.

"
Zyaak2point0 a écrit :

Yes, similar damage increase while being stronger long term and easier to craft and cheap 6-linking. My bow already looks like this:

Got a bit lucky with T2 hybrid phys. Eventually it should reach ~500 max phys, or maybe even 550-600 if it were Citadel bow. I need to grind something first and then get a little lucky. As usual, Citadel for highest potential damage while Spine Bow/Imperial Bow for QoL and speed without compromising damage too much.

I see ok cool ty! How do your siege ballistas do compared to puncture? I'm thinking of going that route since assailum is a bit sketchy sometimes because I need to stand still fro too long. Also I went the armor route and so I'll have to use replica's farrul's; would this affect the glove's ability to stack crimson dance since they require cat's stealth instead of cat's agility which is what the replica version of the chest provides?

Thanks again!
Dernière édition par Zyaak2point0, le 28 avr. 2021 13:43:52
"
DankawSL a écrit :

One last thing, i did think about crafting method for physical bow. There's one very good, slightly RNG method that should allow crafting really damn good bows - similar to the one i have in PoB. Once i craft my own bow i'll share it. Expect an update soon.

So can you share the method to craft your bow ? :D
Dernière édition par Fayat, le 4 mai 2021 06:03:10
"
Zyaak2point0 a écrit :
I see ok cool ty! How do your siege ballistas do compared to puncture? I'm thinking of going that route since assailum is a bit sketchy sometimes because I need to stand still fro too long. Also I went the armor route and so I'll have to use replica's farrul's; would this affect the glove's ability to stack crimson dance since they require cat's stealth instead of cat's agility which is what the replica version of the chest provides?

Thanks again!

I answered this and many other questions in game. Answer to this particular one should be in classic build... but it seems i forgot to add it. Normal Farrul's Fur is required to increase duration of Cat's Stealth in order to maximize Crimson Dance uptime, Replica does exact opposite which makes reliable CD application much harder.

"
Fayat a écrit :
So can you share the method to craft your bow ? :D

I was a but busy with my buddy recently and also played some other games too. I only got to play PoE later during the night which is not the best time to work i'd say. I also wanted to absolutely confirm that this method works, which i did 2 days ago i think. I'll definitely share it today.

This is the end result if you're curious.

EDIT: Seems i lost some time again it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I did work on the guide itself so not that like i was slacking.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 4 mai 2021 19:28:46

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires