Delve Balance Changes

"
Smear a écrit :
"
Davo10 a écrit :
"
Spydafang a écrit :
Path of nerfs is right.

nerfing things that you recently buffed shows that you don't have a clue how to implement new things. How's about instead of nerfing things.. you just make the other 80% of almost completely useless meme skills better to give them new life...

and Vaal skills?! after all the hype and crap that was spewed out at the beginning of incursion and already you are just making an across the board nerf to them?

really showing of your skills there...

They hardly nerfed anything last league and there are clearly things that need to be nerfed/ rebalanced in the game that were overtuned last league. They didn't just nerf a skill midleague, which other games do. Stop acting like an entitled manchild.

Nah, many of us are done with this mess of a game. It's gotten real old this constant nerf BS. Have fun groveling at the feet of those who punish your game time over and over.

atleast you havnt bought anything right? what are you crying for, non supporter
"
KillerFit a écrit :
"
magicrectangle a écrit :

That's unreadable. Please familiarize yourself with the enter key, and the spacebar.

Yup thought so,your like the little dogs,a lot of barking and when you find your self not in the right position you run away!Anyway tried my best to explain to you in a sense what a think!But hey,i will just let you be a hollowed head doggy and stay as you wish :) Good luck to you!

I wouldn't read any post in this wretched format either.
"
Njutaren a écrit :

Supporter packs aren't the only way to buy things. I used to just buy a few stash tabs every time they came on sale. I've been doing that since beta. Not sure how much I spent, maybe 200 bucks? More than enough to entitle me to an opinion. I finally became a supporter with incursion, and then they announced the sellout a week later, which made me a bit ambivalent about supporting, if I'm being honest.

Even if he's never spent a dime, that doesn't make his opinion irrelevant. The game is free to play. The way GGG makes money is by attracting people to play the free game. People then enjoy the free game, and want to buy MTXs. If they don't first enjoy what they got for free, they're never going to spend money.

Attracting and retaining new players, whether they've YET spent any money, is important.
"
magicrectangle a écrit :
"
jimdawg57 a écrit :
Trap nerf isn’t as bad as most people think, especially for shaper glove users.

Current damage multiplier with cluster traps and shaper +1 trap mod is 3.2 or 220% more damage.

With a nerf to cluster trap down to 3, just don’t use it for single target. Use shaper gloves +1 trap (100% more damage) and a 49% more damage support gem( example: ele focus), now you have a 2*1.49=2.98 multiplier. This is 198% more damage.

The difference between this and current cluster traps is 3.2/2.98 or approximately 7% more damage now than after nerf. Not a big deal

For those who prefer tinkerskin rather than loreweave, it is a big survival hit to do that though. Cluster traps gives you a big amount of life refunded via tinkerskin, it is the trapper version of vaal pact (though not truly instant since traps have a deploy time).

Except you're already running ele focus.

Current 6L arc trap is:
arc + trap + cluster + trap and mine damage + ele focus + lightning pen

If you're using shimmeron the next best support is controlled destruction at about 35% more damage. Without shimmeron inc crit, added lightning, and controlled destruction are all pretty close to each other, and in the running (depending on stat balance on other gear), at about 25-30% more damage.

You are assuming arc trap, assuming shimeron, assuming elemental, assuming that you don’t use a secondary 4L or pseudo 5L outside of body armor for clearing. In general, you can assume that every skill has a 30-50% more multiplier support gem you could use instead of cluster trap on single target.

If shaper gloves are too expensive, you can’t afford shimeron either, so that kind of changes the argument. Empower level 4 is an option for any spell if you are talking high end builds, which again if you are talking high end you can put in a +1 gear slot to be better than controlled destruction would be. If you are talking attack skills you have even more support gem options to choose from.

I am generalizing that with most skills, on a 6L single target trap, and you use shaper gloves, your damage loss from swapping cluster trap to a different gem is very small.

Keep in mind that I am not talking arc in a vacuum. Arc had a relatively low number of good support gems compared to many other skills, especially attacks. So arc gets hit harder, but not much, than other skills.
"
KillerFit a écrit :
I cannot understand,how is it possible for you to see the fact that nerfing things is NOT balancing?

Yeah let's keep buffing everything until 10 trillion dps is the norm, there is surely no problem with that, hahaha.

"
direnbounty a écrit :
The real and only problem of most of Path of Exile players is that they don't want to play a build because it's fun and it works.

They always want the one-trick poney build, which shave the entire screen in one hit, is unkillable and require 10 chaos to work.

What about having fun this time, exile ?

I think exactly the same, there are only kids crying...
"
magicrectangle a écrit :
"
Njutaren a écrit :

Supporter packs aren't the only way to buy things. I used to just buy a few stash tabs every time they came on sale. I've been doing that since beta. Not sure how much I spent, maybe 200 bucks? More than enough to entitle me to an opinion. I finally became a supporter with incursion, and then they announced the sellout a week later, which made me a bit ambivalent about supporting, if I'm being honest.

Even if he's never spent a dime, that doesn't make his opinion irrelevant. The game is free to play. The way GGG makes money is by attracting people to play the free game. People then enjoy the free game, and want to buy MTXs. If they don't first enjoy what they got for free, they're never going to spend money.

Attracting and retaining new players, whether they've YET spent any money, is important.

Got to agree with that post. It is how you treat people. Your player base.
And when GGG first introduces trap skills and then nerfs all of it - at least to me it shows that they got NO CLUE as to what they are doing with their game. Knee-jerk reaction at best, the "wait-and-see" attitude, see what other builds players will create.
Its like you got to abuse the new build before it get nerfed...
There is a reason i can not play any of my old builds from the last 6 years - they all been nerfed to the ground... Mjolner, Baron, SRS, Voltaxic, now trap, KB - the list goes on.
Starting to hate feeling bad after each patch notes.
nerf traps is ok. but plz buff spells to made it rly viable for casters... 90% builds are totems/mines/traps/triggers. true caster nearly doesnt exist
"
Bex_GGG a écrit :
Delve Balance Changes

Movement Skills
Movement skills are a core part of gameplay in Path of Exile, both for survival and efficiency. We've tried to reduce some of the disparity between different movement skills, so builds have different choices on how to approach their mobility. This is just a first step. We intend to make further changes incrementally over time without destroying the feeling of mastery that their speed grants.

More than DPS, more than near-immortality, movespeed is the greatest factor that contributes to the runaway "speed meta" of this game. Good to know your stance on this is "more ways for people to get through our stuff faster"
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
"
phmn a écrit :
"
KillerFit a écrit :
I cannot understand,how is it possible for you to see the fact that nerfing things is NOT balancing?

Yeah let's keep buffing everything until 10 trillion dps is the norm, there is surely no problem with that, hahaha.

Nah m8,lets keep Buffing monsters and nerfing players and see where that gets us?Why dont you do a mid-tier char,with normal gear.Than slap 3-4 heavy sextant mods on a T16 Map and show me how you run it :D ...Show me how you kill Hydra with Kinetic Blast since its so Op that it needs a nerf !

If talking the norm,it is set by the 1% players with mirrored gear!Please do ask a normal player that grinds ONLY with stuff he finds and struggles to get 1 ex if at all!Anyway....I will remind you of something...That something used to be called Discharge!

This was a classic skill that was a trademark so to say of PoE!Hell,that was the skill that drew mw to this game!I started playing this game almost 5 years ago because of the Discharge skill!
We used to have many variations of Discharge!Wanders,Mjolners,Daggers hell even staff discharges...
Done see Discharges today,after they so called "balanced" it do you?Very nice "Balance" huh,wouldnt you say?Infact i lvled 2x100 levels chars and 1x99 level so far,and in all that time and maps,all those parties and runs,i did not see 1 single discharge character!Talking about "Balancing" and norm...well there you have a clear example for eradicating a skill from the game!

Guess Kb is next ti me thrown out!ANyway We can talk later on...when the "norm" as you call it kills you every second map,and drives people away from the game!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires