Delve Balance Changes

"
BlazeSTX a écrit :
Seems like absolutely nothing interesting to make me play it again so far.

The witches is still dead as a CI casters, there is everything nerfed beyond playable as spells.

The fun for the casters is shed away.

>ci whispering ice can do uber elder without moving
>unplayable
pick one and only one.

If unplayable means you can no longer kill boss 3 screens away with KB overlap,then yes.

Power syphon is really fun for clear too. Or you can play what GGG does force up to your throat now:Poison build.
Trap nerf isn’t as bad as most people think, especially for shaper glove users.

Current damage multiplier with cluster traps and shaper +1 trap mod is 3.2 or 220% more damage.

With a nerf to cluster trap down to 3, just don’t use it for single target. Use shaper gloves +1 trap (100% more damage) and a 49% more damage support gem( example: ele focus), now you have a 2*1.49=2.98 multiplier. This is 198% more damage.

The difference between this and current cluster traps is 3.2/2.98 or approximately 7% more damage now than after nerf. Not a big deal
"
jimdawg57 a écrit :

Current damage multiplier with cluster traps and shaper +1 trap mod is 3.2 or 220% more damage.

With a nerf to cluster trap down to 3, just don’t use it for single target. Use shaper gloves +1 trap (100% more damage) and a 49% more damage support gem( example: ele focus), now you have a 2*1.49=2.98 multiplier. This is 198% more damage.

The difference between this and current cluster traps is 3.2/2.98 or approximately 7% more damage now than after nerf. Not a big deal

In the first place, you already had the +1 trap before from the glove. This is a 1 trap straight up loss not to mention at early on with low budget buying those gloves might not be a thing. In my case I wasn't even using a +1 gloves this league because I prefered gloves with slower projectiles and the other one to make my gloves a psuedo 6l since I used arc + ball lightning.

The support gem was already there so you are not gaining another 49% on top onf anything.

All you are getting is -1 trap which is a major loss of damage for ALL trap builds and as if that wasn't bad enough your trap throwing is now slower just to add insult to injury.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
The real and only problem of most of Path of Exile players is that they don't want to play a build because it's fun and it works.

They always want the one-trick poney build, which shave the entire screen in one hit, is unkillable and require 10 chaos to work.

What about having fun this time, exile ?
"...reworking the minion clusters near the Templar starting area. These include effects that let increases and reductions to minion damage also apply to you, and the same for minion attack speed."

YES!

No longer being forced to use "The Scourge" for a hybrid build, is going to make it so much more enjoyable to make builds where you fight alongsides your minions.
"
jimdawg57 a écrit :

For those who prefer tinkerskin rather than loreweave, it is a big survival hit to do that though. Cluster traps gives you a big amount of life refunded via tinkerskin, it is the trapper version of vaal pact (though not truly instant since traps have a deploy time).

Except you're already running ele focus.

Current 6L arc trap is:
arc + trap + cluster + trap and mine damage + ele focus + lightning pen

If you're using shimmeron the next best support is controlled destruction at about 35% more damage. Without shimmeron inc crit, added lightning, and controlled destruction are all pretty close to each other, and in the running (depending on stat balance on other gear), at about 25-30% more damage.
Dernière édition par magicrectangle, le 28 août 2018 10:31:41
Wow...I was debating playing the new league but this seals the deal.

why the fuck are traps getting gutted because 1 skill was too strong? kb gutted, the fuck you mean it can't overlap. that's why kb is good...

way to shoehorn your players into using the new skill while ruining the fun for people who like to use the tried and true. like you do almost every league now... good thing tencent is making you more money so you don't have to care about what your players think you're doing to the game. make it like D3 and nerf what people like, that'll make 'em want to buy supporter packs! (first league in a while I will not be supporting GGG) The KB overlap is really what kills it for me. I saw the delve league and KB instantly popped in my head, that would be amazing I bet. oh, nvm, I'll just use the new skill like everyone else so I have to spend more currency since EEEEVERYONE wants the same gear.........
First of all, as a long time PoE player, Thank you for all the hard work and keeping us players up to date. Now my 2 cents regarding the balance changes.

Trap Throw Time, Multitrap, Cluster Trap, Minefield
There's nothing wrong with traps, not the support gems, not the mechanics. As someone who plays along on a daily basis with multiple trapper mains in the last league and actually "compete" with them on very late game content like Uber Elder farming, Uber Atziri and Shaper farming on a daily basis. I can say for sure that the problem was not Traps themselves, but Arc.

Instant Skills
Great changes, much appreciated.

Spell Block
Also great changes, thanks!

Movement Skills
This is a long awaited changes.

Shield Charge
Contrary to some people's opinion. I agree with the sentiment. Shield Charge has always been the odd one out of the bunch. Some streamers have even mentioned it to be the single best movement skill in PoE, which I can't find a good reason to disagree with. I can't say for certain whether these changes
falls into the extreme side of a nerf or hitting that sweet spot of viability across all movement skill gems, we'll see.

Flame Dash and Lightning Warp
Nice work!

Sunder
It's a well deserved nerf, can't say that I'm happy with it (since I was planning to play Sunder Deadeye as a league starter), but I can agree with the decision. Sunder was by far, one of the best "melee" AoE clear in the game, period. When a skill allows a rush to 95 within 3 days (or more) of a league's start just by using Tabula + Soultaker + Prismatic Eclipse and then be continuously viable with gear scaling throughout the league for speed clearing maps at a speed no other melee skill can even compare to (not even a well geared MS, Reave and EQ), there's bound to be some adjustments required for that skill.

However, I still think that other melee skill does deserve more attention, a lot of them are (pardon the language) quite garbage compared to the other alternatives of the same role/functionality. Those like Ground Slam, Cleave, Viper Strike, etc. needs love.

Kinetic Blast
Yes and no. Some people might disagree with me on this. But Kinetic Blast was way too powerful before, it was hands down the best clearing skill in the game (and this is coming from someone who plays a decently geared Ele Hit bow last league that can clear T16 screen full of mobs in one shot), nothing else even compare to it's scalability and damage projection. Nothing. The skill's mechanics allows it to scale to an absurd level the higher density you're facing, with very little to no downsides at all.

I've had some thoughts about this and in my opinion, all KB needs is to add this one line to it's description. "Cannot Pierce". That's it, and just raise the base area damage multiplier by 5-10%. This would solve a lot of problem with KB, without severely hindering it's viability for those who really like the feeling of using the skill.

Vaal Soul Gain Prevention Time
This change makes sense, but why? Did you guys decide there was something wrong when it comes to balance for Vaal Skills uptime? I get the logic behind this, but don't understand why the changes was needed, since this indirectly affects the strength and viability of a lot of different Vaal Skills as a whole.

Vaal Righteous Fire
Never had any issue with LL VRF before, but ok.

Earthquake and Vaal Earthquake
I'd rather have the old version without the Vaal Soul Gain Prevention Time changes but ok.

Physical Projectile Attack Damage Support
This was an interesting change, and a nice one for sure.

Passive Tree Changes
Thank You. I used to play a lot of Summoners namely Spectres in the past, might hop back and try it again in the new league.

The Guardian Ascendancy
Nice changes.

The Pathfinder Ascendancy
Great changes overall, how about Assassin though?

Bow Passives Now Affect Skill Damage Over Time
Much needed changes, appreciate the notice of these nodes.

Secondary Damage
Why? There aren't that many secondary damage sources, and you guys know far more than players do that they're not even that easy to come by, and most of those damage sources are not and/or has never been much into the big meta played builds before, and secondary damage has always been sought after because of these exact characteristics.

Corpse explosions sure are annoying, from Alira's or when you're somehow die randomly because of it, but cutting an entire tree to remove some rotten branches doesn't look like a great way to solve things, no?

Frost Bomb
Nice one.

I'm mostly waiting for those changes promised by Chris regarding MF overall. I've always have at least one MF character on every single league so far, from WR MF, Bomber to Spectres, and while I love seeing more loot in an ARPG, I've never been fond of the concept of the necessity of needing an MF character every league to keep up with those who do.
Dernière édition par ultimatecat, le 28 août 2018 10:29:15
These "supposed" balance changes are made from time to time just to give the players the impression that GGG is working "hard" in something!

I tell you that, still after 6 years, the game is still so unballanced that sometimes is betters to quit and go make something else!

What makes me mad is that, for example, +- 7 normal minions can kill your char faster than a BOSS fight!
Dernière édition par Treufeldt, le 28 août 2018 10:27:35
"
direnbounty a écrit :
The real and only problem of most of Path of Exile players is that they don't want to play a build because it's fun and it works.

They always want the one-trick poney build, which shave the entire screen in one hit, is unkillable and require 10 chaos to work.

What about having fun this time, exile ?

The spike/johnny/timmy styles from MTG apply in PoE as well, in my experience. Except the game is set up to reward spikes, so you see more spikes attracted to the game (and some johnny/timmy folks acting like spikes, too). Trying to admonish people not to follow their style is pointless. You're not a spike? That's fine for you, but it doesn't make you better than other people, and doesn't mean they're playing wrong.

The design of the delve league mechanic is literally a "how far can you push it" style event. It is specifically set up to appeal to spikes, so I think GGG is already aware that spikes are the larger segment of their player base.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires