Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

Love that Assassin.

Also, is the Arcane Surge buff lv1? I assume it is.
Disregarding the changes, presenting this as videos where you simply hover over each of the nodes one at a time is really lousy. If you're strapped for time and can't do a video with voice-over talking about the changes, a single image as in the Bestiary announcement or something as simple as just text is significantly more suited for comparison and reflection.
Dernière édition par twitticles, le 20 févr. 2018 21:37:08
Excited to see elementalist changes.
Am i reading it wrong or is Hierophant the only class that has 14 ascendancy nodes compared to the usual 12. Reasoning?
"
twitticles a écrit :
Disregarding the changes, presenting this as videos where you simple hover over each of the nodes one at a time is really lousy. If you're strapped for time and can't do a video with voice-over talking about the changes, a single image as in the Bestiary announcement or something as simple as just text is significantly more suited for comparison and reflection.

however people were getting confused as to which text corresponded to which notable on image for zerker reveal. #can't-win.
"
ladish a écrit :
"
twitticles a écrit :
Disregarding the changes, presenting this as videos where you simple hover over each of the nodes one at a time is really lousy. If you're strapped for time and can't do a video with voice-over talking about the changes, a single image as in the Bestiary announcement or something as simple as just text is significantly more suited for comparison and reflection.

however people were getting confused as to which text corresponded to which notable on image for zerker reveal. #can't-win.

A few lines would have fixed the latter issue :)
I sure hope Necromancer doesn't get gutted.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
I smell OPOP 6 totem build from that new Hierophant buffz
"
Mezion a écrit :
Love that Assassin.

Also, is the Arcane Surge buff lv1? I assume it is.

In the video the nodes description says arcane surge grants 10% more spell damage, 10% cast speed and 0.5% mana regen. So yeah that is a level 1 arcane surge.
Man, bastion of hope is crazy. The hierophant has disappointed me every single time I forced myself to use it over a guardian (I respect every league a few of my guardians in standard into hierophants just to see the sad state of affairs)
I just realized the hilarious synergy of 100% reduced mana cost and arcane surge they have. I have seen flame totem occultists run circles around flame totem hierophants (was back with high chaos conversion to be fair but people getting overly optimistic about the hierophant is nothing new)
Why does he not get extra charges in his charges matter path? The other buffed guardian pah that got buffed has 20% increased duration for all charges and increased armor and es. The raider has 18% for only frenzy and only evasion.

When I saw the berserker changes and the warcry node I was slightly worried about the guardian. Not saying the berserker is bad by any means just healing with the warcry might not work as well as it used to. I am only semi-hyped about losing 10% of my life every second.

Harmony of purpose seems ok. The issue is that every guardian is next to conduit and we can produce most charges anyway. Stopping enemy charges is super hot because they are stronger than ours and the charge gain on hit saves gem slots but I am not sure if it compets with 15% movespeed aura on using a warcry especially for my bm zealots oath builds that can do nothing except use warcries when they have no enemys to hit.
There are a few ways to steal charges and they are not as expensive as a full ascendency point. The node would be great in most other classes but guardian is just on a higher level than hierophant for example.
A good way to descripe it is that hierophant gets 10% less reservation and my opinion on the three best aura classes are guardian/necro first, champion second, scion/occultist third and hierophant slightly above the chieftain and inquisitor and just because there are ancient waystones making his totems maybe ok. And i can find good reasons to place him even lower.

Assassin looks fine. Have seen good assassins. Personally allways went occultist, raider or scion for poison but assassin looks really good. Opportunist looks a little weird. Movespeed when you need it and extra damage when you need it. Reflect protection is not really usefull for dots and non crits are still too scary for real reflect maps. Crit immunity is also unreliable in bossfights with adds. The second dot node is super nice for an alternative way of healing that is not leech with dots. The first one will give poison builds pretty crazy map clear just by running through the map and poisoning every thing for insane duration on poison (looting is not going to be fun). That node seems super intense with projectiles (multi proj, chain, pierce and aoe) or blade vortex.
Poison duration is somehow weirdly enough probably the best bosskilling stat that does nothing for mapclearing. Giving the assassin a lot of that makes him a real assassin in my books.
Sorry for the long post. In the unlikely event of a short post. There sure is something I should feel sorry about anyway.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires