On Balance Feedback and Charge Changes

"
Chris a écrit :

We make this game for you guys, so if you don't want the change, we aren't going to force it in purely to solve long-term problems.

This makes me think so much about the Labyrinth

from Day1 lab has been hated

and it has been sugarcoated with Enchant/treasure chest/ascendency so the horrible tasting pill that is lab gets easier to swallow
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
YOUR TEAM DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Aside for the inconsistency with regards to Frenzy charges, I was totally fine with all these changes. If you want to keep nerfing stuff even more, I wouldn't mind, honestly. Player power needs toning back and I'm glad to see steps being taken toward that end.
IGN: Noveria / Moonraze / Wunderbaum
"
fesru a écrit :
Making charges more specific like adding spell damage or more attack damage, makes it less diverse. Then we can't use power charge on an attack build or frenzy on a spell build. But you guys understand this, you are experts.

Okay so what do you do so some builds (right now crit) don't just use both charges for twice the strength?
And at the same time how do you make it so there isn't a charge which is an always take for every single build.

Give an example.

Also all the people triggered about the chest there's a node on the tree that gives you power charges with traps if you want to use spell traps. Please shut up.
Dernière édition par 0Yemallis, le 28 juil. 2017 09:24:57
There goes my opinion. Most people overreacted and i think they just forgot that changes are on beta not live. And now while i agree that those changes were poorly introduced to us they just dont address the problems that they were made for, not every though. Power charge change is actually good i kinda want to play non-crit spellcaster using power charges because getting frenzy charges to scale my spell dmg was just impossible for some builds. My problem with frenzy charge now is that its limiting builds like traps and thats bad especially that u showed us such a good armor piece. But i think that adding something like "5% more trap dmg per frenzy charge" to saboteur would be good way to breath new life in weak ascendancy (of course it's not the only change thats needed for saboteur) and still having frenzy your way. So every charge have their flavour: Endurance for build that wants to be more tanky, power for spell builds and frenzy for that attack dmg but with some ascendancies every charge can give something else or more of the same. About shock and chill well they need to be worked on because these changes will not make so that people will use anything different to shock than nerfed vinktar and vall lightning trap.
Dernière édition par Shiro, le 28 juil. 2017 09:28:38
"
YOUR TEAM DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

lol you really know how to be annoying, must give that to you
Frenzy Charges are/were too strong and needed to be nerfed. Every single character just chucks on Bloodrage and gain 12% more damage, and gain damage in attack speed/cast speed.
I think a better compromise would be to revert to the old Frenzy Charges and remove the %more damage and buff the cast/attack speed instead. It is called "Frenzy" charges after all. Perhaps some move speed could be added to make it more universally useable.

Yes some builds won't have the benefit of Frenzy Charges any more. But that is the point, why should every single build use Frenzy Charges? That isn't build diversity...

For Power Charges I totally agree with the direction you are taking, I.e making it useable for Non-crit builds.

The problem with these numbers are that even with 50% inc crit it is only worth to pick up a Power Charge for 2 skill points, almost never 3 (exceptions like Discharge occur).
So for non-spell crit builds, with 35% it will never ever be worth it to pick up an additional Power Charge from the tree.

An addendum could be for instance that the Spell Damgage only applies for Non-crits (and reverted to 50%), or an additional 15% crit is added for attacks only.
Changes to charges only limit possibilities and new builds and add nothing new.CHarges are some of the most annoying thing in the game to maintain and that is why some classes like raider are so popular.Now you not only nerf those classes but you limit them to one specific kind of build.Cant go spellcaster with raider anymore , you cant go spell caster with the scion ascendancy anymore. RAIDER RF! Think about it , if you really have good experienced players you will immidieatly will understand what an interesting take on rf it is and how well it can synergise with a lot of items. You completely destroyed it! Dots that are so bad in this stage , welp destroy them too , cant get damage from frenzies anymore.

You shifted the damage from frenzys to powercharges for casters but have you realized how much more annoying it is to get power charges than frenzy charges. What about so many items that have mechanics entirely based on the way charges worked? Hegemony? The staff nodes? What about frenzy discharge?Tullfall?

Again there was no need to do this change and if you do you have so much work to do to make it right.You are developing a game , if you destroy something you need to build something in return.
Dernière édition par MadBro_, le 28 juil. 2017 09:27:48
I think the charge changes are fine but it creates some pretty weird consequences like people have been saying: tulfall and the new trapper unique armor for example. The nerf to crit might be a bit too much tho. Some builds should still be able to hit cap and some should be near the higher end of it. Id say leave the chance alone and only nerf multipliers.
@charges: never seen a spellcaster build use frenzies, at least not as a fundamental part of the build. Power charges are ok honestly, they get an added functionality, doesn't mean you can't use them with attacks anymore.

@assassin: I won't say much about the dot changes since I don't really care that much but the crit bonus @ max charges is a really bad thing, especially considering how bad is the class at generating power charges even tho it is based around them. Change the generation to a much more realiable one and I might agree with the nerf, but right now, not really. Maybe you can reduce the bonus crit from .5 to .3 and it might be more reasonable.

Last thing you should really do is rebalance all the items based on charges (if needed). The new chest might simply get +4% more damage with spells per frenzy charge to mmake it viable with all traps without reverting the change to frenzies.
In game name - VomitingRainbows - GMT +1

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires