[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

"
Cruez a écrit :
Hello, I just got a 6-link and tried the setup you previously wrote NotoriousPiG. Vaal Lightning Trap is not triggering from CWDT (linked last after bloodrage and duration support). Any idea why that is the case?

Edit: Was also wondering why people use Singularity as I've seen that a few times (or Doryanis) in mainhand and wondered why that is the case.

CWDT doesn't work with all gems. Vaal skills, totems, traps, etc.. won't trigger. You will just have to self cast it.

Singularity applied the "Hinder" debuff, which causes enemies to move slower and take more damage. It's good in your off-hand as a "stat stick" to get these bonuses while you use your main hand weapon to actually attack. Almost the same concept as a shield, it's just there to add stats.

"
Garfunkel a écrit :
With Soul Taker I can chill enemies with my physical damage (which is pretty high) and by that it procs Hypothermia gem. Which gives much more damage than Faster Attacks. Besides,with Soul Taker i can use Arctic Armour which is great for survivability and also - chills enemies on hit (important for bosses which hard to chill because you need very high One Hit average physical damage). Arctic armour always chills monsters when they hit you no matter how much HP they have. So does Vortex. Always chills on proc. If you do low tier maps you can easily use Herald of Ice instead of Arctic Armour for those nice ice explosions and a bit more DPS )
And more... with Soul Taker I don't need %mana leech . I don't care about mana at all. Free Whirling Blades :) And a small bonus a decent % cold resistance.
In short it gives more damage than my previous version with Singularity and Faster Attack gem.

As to Abyssus - I don't like it. 40%+ increased phys damage is not good and abyssus has 0 life, while Starkonja has up to 100. Yes it would increase my Total DPS up to 1,08 mil but I prefer survivability with more life and stay with 0.97 mil :)

Man Garfunkel, you are doing some amazing things. I can't wait till I have some time to add in the Soul Taker Chill Abuser version that you're currently running.

Also, I finally got my 6L 39%/15% Belly and a high rolled Koam's Roots dropped so I'm thinking about using them since I now have helm links to replace the boot links. I think i can easily break 7,000 life with this setup! Plus, +1 Frenzy or 5% mv speed corruptions are cheap.
Hi, I am new to this game and I am running this build on hardcore xbox one. That also means it may be impossible to trade for these items with so few players.

Am I screwed or should I use every orb of chance I have to try and obtain these items?
Hi, love this build. This is my first POE char, and your guide made it very easy to both level and get started with end-game!

If you get a 6-linked chest, what do you do with your helmet sockets? Apologies in advance if you've already answered it - maybe you could update the first post with your suggestion. :)
"
Eschub a écrit :
Hi, I am new to this game and I am running this build on hardcore xbox one. That also means it may be impossible to trade for these items with so few players.

Am I screwed or should I use every orb of chance I have to try and obtain these items?

One option for the helmet is to try and get it by farming for a Divination card called "The Gladiator" that will either give you a Bringer of Rain or a Devoto's Devotion.

Go here https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Gladiator to see which map can drop it, and just run the hell out of them till you get it.

For Bloodseeker, you have to hope it drops or chance Hellion's Paws. Though, the build could still work well Bloodseeker. You just won't have the awesome insta-leech to go with your regular leech.

Also, if a Singularity drops you can roll with that as a stat-stick in your off hand.

The one good thing is that Bloodseeker and Singularity are pretty common as far as unique drops go. I usually end up with a few of each at the end of every league.

"
Kutowi a écrit :

Hi, love this build. This is my first POE char, and your guide made it very easy to both level and get started with end-game!

If you get a 6-linked chest, what do you do with your helmet sockets? Apologies in advance if you've already answered it - maybe you could update the first post with your suggestion. :)

Man, you can do so many different things.
-Add a Molten Shell and maybe Increased Duration to your 2nd CWDT so you have 2 4 links for CWDT stuff.
-Stick a Vaal Lightning Trap and Inc Dur for boss fights.
-I'm thinking about looking for a +1 Frenzy, 200 life Kaom's Roots for boots (though I wouldn't have any extra links" because with out 200%+ life from tree, Kaom's could give us 600+ more life.

I will definitely put a gem options with 6l Belly after I test a few things! Thanks for bringing it up!
Thank Notorious for nice starter bild this my first try to play POE. And i have some questions about upgrading gear.
1. You says with 6L body we have more dps than with Bringer, but i try 6L Belly of the beast, generic rare armom, Dresso's body and DPS always less than 7L Bringer, but more sustain.
2. What about Devoto's devotion? Huge APS, +% Armor+Evasion good too. I try and i like it.
3. Why Kaom's roots why not Rad Trail with damage reduction
"
tmr0 a écrit :
Thank Notorious for nice starter bild this my first try to play POE. And i have some questions about upgrading gear.
1. You says with 6L body we have more dps than with Bringer, but i try 6L Belly of the beast, generic rare armom, Dresso's body and DPS always less than 7L Bringer, but more sustain.
2. What about Devoto's devotion? Huge APS, +% Armor+Evasion good too. I try and i like it.

1. You have more dps with 6L when you use 20% quality / 19+lvl gems AND a helmet with attack speed or phys flat damage (Starkonja's, Devoto, Abyssus). Plus the helmet should have enchantment for Blade Flurry damage.

2. Devoto is a good helmet. But it has zero Life. Starkonja's helmet gives up to 100 life and 10% increased attack speed. Devoto gives a bit more dps but I personally think Starkonja's is better. But ultimate choice would be a rare helmet with 40% BF damage enchantment , high resistances, 90+ Life and then you can use Spiked Gloves with flat phys damage, attack speed and 70+ life. But I can't find a good rare helmet with enchantment and I'm too lazy to enchant myself :)
"
tmr0 a écrit :

Pretty much what Garfunkel said. Though, the good thing about this build is you can try lots of different unique and it still works, it just all comes down to damage vs sustain.

Though, I don't think Red Trial would benefit us since you have to be standing still to have it's 10% dmg reduction, and it's only phys reduction. One-shots are the only thing that kills me, Red Trial still won't allow me to face tank most one-shots in the game.

When I tested Kaom's Roots, it put me over 7,000 life and the "cannot be slowed below base speed" was really nice, I ran a Chimera with temp chains + enfeeble and it was a cake walk. The Kaom's not having any mv speed barely mattered because I Whirling Blades between packs anyways with minimal positioning to clean up stragglers.
Dernière édition par TheNotoriousPIG, le 10 sept. 2017 11:15:08
I have followed your guide, loving it so far really great job. Quick question though. Level 73 at the moment and switched over using all the reccommended items but am only getting like 2100 AVG. Damage on Blade Flurry. It seems to be doing okay damage but you are reporting much higher with very little difference gear wise? Any ideas?
"
Megalaser a écrit :
I have followed your guide, loving it so far really great job. Quick question though. Level 73 at the moment and switched over using all the reccommended items but am only getting like 2100 AVG. Damage on Blade Flurry. It seems to be doing okay damage but you are reporting much higher with very little difference gear wise? Any ideas?

That's because the tooltip of Blade Flurry only shows it's base damage, the damage ramps up as you let it stack, and then it deals a big chunk all at once when you release it. Max DPS is to release it right when it hits 6 stacks.

Here's from the wiki

"
Blade Flurry's tooltip is not too helpful, because it shows Average Damage and doesn't account for stage bonus. Here is how you can find out your actual DPS:

Base*1.6*2*(1+0.75*Stage)

Or, what most people do is to download the free Path of Building program, import your character and let it calculate the deeps for you.
Dernière édition par TheNotoriousPIG, le 12 sept. 2017 20:25:54
i might be blind but i can not see a skill-tree link

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires