[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

I try to kill shaper.
first 4 boss is easy to kill but shaper hit just 1time and im dead :/.
Okay ! Thx
Aannnd... With Gemini, we can bypass mana leech ? Just got a jewel that give some mana leech, but there are like 5 claws which have more damage than Gemini !
"
Gaduk0 a écrit :
Okay ! Thx
Aannnd... With Gemini, we can bypass mana leech ? Just got a jewel that give some mana leech, but there are like 5 claws which have more damage than Gemini !

Correct, mana on hit is all you need to sustain. Just compare the dmg you get from the jewel + better claw vs a gemeni + better jewel. Don't over think it and just go with whatever combination gives you the most damage or fits how you want to play the build. This is why I love Path of Building, you can practically test out weapons/gear or jewels before you buy them!

"
LAKOT a écrit :
I try to kill shaper.
first 4 boss is easy to kill but shaper hit just 1time and im dead :/.

Go watch some Shaper fight vids, all of his one-shots are dodgable and with our Whirling Blades being so fast we can easily dodge everything. You pretty much have to predict his beam or move within a second of it hitting you. Dodge the slam of course. Get the Vortex balls to follow you to the edge of the map, or out of the way as much as you can and then pop them. Kill the portal mobs so Zana stays alive and hide in her bubble when he's in the purple bullet hell phase.
Dernière édition par TheNotoriousPIG, le 28 sept. 2017 06:30:12
How can we test jewels and gear before buying them ?! O.o

Thanks of course for the build and all the answer !
"
Gaduk0 a écrit :
How can we test jewels and gear before buying them ?! O.o

Thanks of course for the build and all the answer !

Get the Path of Building program, import your characters and then create jewels and gear to add to your build to see how it affects your stats. It's not difficult to figure out how to use PoB, but if you have trouble I'm sure there are tutorials and stuff you can search up.

https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding
You mean like this ! Ok I knew this one.

Trying to understand why this :
- in Spiked Gloves: Ancestral Warchief - Maim - Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 11) - Blood Rage (lvl 14)
- In Boots: Cast when Damage Taken (lvl 13) - Immortal Call (lvl 15) - Punishment (lvl 16) - Phase Run (lvl 15)

I was on the wiki but didn't fully understand it. Why not CWDT lvl 1 or lvl 20 ?
"
Gaduk0 a écrit :
You mean like this ! Ok I knew this one.

Trying to understand why this :
- in Spiked Gloves: Ancestral Warchief - Maim - Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 11) - Blood Rage (lvl 14)
- In Boots: Cast when Damage Taken (lvl 13) - Immortal Call (lvl 15) - Punishment (lvl 16) - Phase Run (lvl 15)

I was on the wiki but didn't fully understand it. Why not CWDT lvl 1 or lvl 20 ?

Here's the short explanation;

•You get smacked and you're down to 3200/5000 life and CWDT(lvl13) procs your Punishment(lvl16) and now you get 33% more phys damage!

or

•You get smacked and you're down to 1700/5000 life and CWDT(lvl20) procs your Punishment (lvl20) and you get 35% more phys dmg!

--> Was it worth it to be that much closer to death before you get the benefits of your curse? Especially when it only gave you an extra 2% more damage?

•same with all lvl 1 stuff, you'd only get 25% more dmg, and as we gear and lvl up, we can afford to take more dmg and get bigger benefits with a still very little risk of dying.

The Long explanation
Spoiler
CWDT will only cast linked the spells for you that are at or below a certain level. So, a level 1 CWDT will only cast spells that require lvl 38 or less when you take 538 dmg. Both of these factors go up as you level the gem.

When you level up a gem, the character level requirement also goes up.

And since most spells give better benefits or damage at higher levels, you usually always want your gems as high as level as possible.

BUT, for CWDT to cast these spells for you, you have to take a certain amount of dmg before it procs. At level 1 it's 538 damage. So if you have low level CWDT linked to low level gems it will cast a lot more often, but the effects won't be nearly as beneficial as they would be if they were all higher level..

So you're prob thinking... why not just level everything up! and get high level spells casted for free!

Because.... as you level CWDT the dmg you must take to proc it also goes up... For a lvl 20 CWDT to proc you'd have to take 3,272 dmg. So imagine you level CWDT to 20, and link a lvl 20 ImmCall, lvl 20 Punishment, lvl 20 Phase run. But you only have 4,000 life.

****You will be dangerously close to dying before you get the benefits of the spells linked to it!

It's worth to have stuff proc at a much safer life total and receive lesser effects than to be nearly dead before they all go off. Most of the time I keep my CWDT at about 1/3rd of my life total.

Yay but that's actually not how this works... As I read on wiki. If take 1000 damage then lifesteal = full life.
Do it 3 times and you proc cwdt at 4600/5000 life.

So it's kinda random. You don't always proc at 1/3 of life with your numbers
"
Gaduk0 a écrit :
Yay but that's actually not how this works... As I read on wiki. If take 1000 damage then lifesteal = full life.
Do it 3 times and you proc cwdt at 4600/5000 life.

So it's kinda random. You don't always proc at 1/3 of life with your numbers

I'm not sure where you read that. There isn't any mention on the wiki about healing or leeching, or anything else negating it's damage tracking. According to the wiki, each CWDT gem keeps track of dmg you've taken, then procs once you reach the threshold.

"
Damage counter and cooldown: Each linked spell gains an internal damage counter that tracks the total accumulated damage taken from hits, though not from damage over time or the Blood Magic passive[1] (e.g. you cannot use Righteous Fire to trigger Cast when Damage Taken). All damage counters will be reset to 0 upon entering a new area. When a linked spell is cast, it is put on cooldown for 250 ms and will not track damage during that time.
Thanks for the cool build! Using a 6 link with a scourge claw instead of BoR, had to take a mana leech node though.

Saw your tree and you took Aspect of the panther and weapon artistry instead of fencing, it is indeed the better choice according to PoB but you forgot to update it in the first post :)

And what is your opinion on travelling to devotion instead of taking the marauder starting points, and the jewel socket below stamina node. We can also use upgraded soul of arakaali with immortal call + bloodrage to proc the increased life recovery.

Just whirling through red maps currently, completed uber lab at lvl 72! build is so tanky.

Thanks again for the detailed build guide, hope you update the trees and stuff on the first post!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires