Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

"
"
Qarl a écrit :
Breach comes with a number of unique items that fill various roles in builds. We are happy with most of these, though we will be making some adjustments to the Hand of Wisdom and Action, and the Hand of Thought and Motion that leads to it. The added lightning damage of these weapons will no longer be global, and will instead only apply to each specific weapon.

The values of the flat lightning damage will also be increased given their new restriction, to "1-5 lightning damage added to attacks per 10 intelligence with this weapon" on Hand of Thought and Motion, and to "1-10 lightning damage added to attacks per 10 intelligence with this weapon" on Hand of Wisdom and Action.

You just don't get it, do you? So you nerfed dual wielding them. You buff an item that is based on stats that already globally increases stats, and as proven by Lead Sprinkler, doesn't really care much if you dual wield or not.

I am done. For real. Fuck all these stupid balance shenanigans. Fool me once, fool me twice. But not a third time.

Not gonna keep playing this mess of a game. You lost track. Time for me to go.

They actually made HOWA better with this "nerf" hahaha.

Well, that's GGG "balance" for you..

I find it entertaining!
Whatever!!!
Wy do GGG do this manifestos anyways?
They should do poll in this kind of changes, instead they listen to players that dont like some mecanics and because of that, are more vocal about it.
If GGG do a poll that are bound by acount, GGG and US can have a real point of view what PLAYERS like or not. This riht now is just silly.
If is they real wish do this or other changes to the game(and not because of vocal players) please GGG you dont need post this or other manifestos ever again.
If you dont care about the feedback why spend time in write USELESS MANIFESTOS.

GGG a Word about new players, dont came here like you care about them because you dont! like you dont care about the fun of many players just because of other many players say that other cant have the same toys even if take longer to get them?!?!

To GGG... release already a OFFLINE version of the game so mecanics dont need to be nerfed because "INTERNET SERVERS OR WHATEVER" cant handled them.

Thank YOU!!!

I want say, I dont want a empy game or more of same over and over(Strands,Primordial Pools etc 24/7), and LEAGUE STONES are the better option for that but vocal players say it they are trash because they take more time choose in between a league stone than clear a map. SOMETHING is WRONG, with ME, with that players or with the GAME.

Best SOLUTION FOR SLOWDOWN THE CLEAR SPEED and not need to nerfing items or builds(IF GGG EVER WISH DO THAT) IS TO NERF CURRENCY DROPS, and i am not talking about exalteds and mirror and such,. IS removing 6 sockets jewellers RECIPE(dont remove 6 socket Items :p) Chaos drop rate same as Divines so people valuat more the recipe and have to slow down their game to pick items for once, and that is just the basics. and there you go, instead of good game they can finally have a amazing game.

Thank you for not reading again GGG and dear players. STAY SAFE!!
"
nephilim1984 a écrit :
"
"
Qarl a écrit :
Breach comes with a number of unique items that fill various roles in builds. We are happy with most of these, though we will be making some adjustments to the Hand of Wisdom and Action, and the Hand of Thought and Motion that leads to it. The added lightning damage of these weapons will no longer be global, and will instead only apply to each specific weapon.

The values of the flat lightning damage will also be increased given their new restriction, to "1-5 lightning damage added to attacks per 10 intelligence with this weapon" on Hand of Thought and Motion, and to "1-10 lightning damage added to attacks per 10 intelligence with this weapon" on Hand of Wisdom and Action.

You just don't get it, do you? So you nerfed dual wielding them. You buff an item that is based on stats that already globally increases stats, and as proven by Lead Sprinkler, doesn't really care much if you dual wield or not.

I am done. For real. Fuck all these stupid balance shenanigans. Fool me once, fool me twice. But not a third time.

Not gonna keep playing this mess of a game. You lost track. Time for me to go.

They actually made HOWA better with this "nerf" hahaha.

Well, that's GGG "balance" for you..

I find it entertaining!

HOWA Nerfed, No Leech ES and ES Nerfed, again CI no more ES. 100% Nobody play HOWA. Gj GGG
Dernière édition par KGabQr, le 31 mai 2017 15:44:22
Solid decisions GGG. Hopefully this means less headaches wrapping up leagues and more time to spend making Beta jaw-droppingly awesome, though all else aside, the art and effects previewed already look amazing. The hype for Beta is so real.

Also, wrong thread, and probably wrong time, but aside from the ES nerfs and a couple new armor mods, could we get a health buff? The health and damage scaling on the newer bosses are just going up and up and the health scaling on characters is still pretty bad. Increasing the amount of health we get per level up would be one good way to change the meta away from ES and CI, and it doesn't needlessly make the game harder.

In a lot of cases people play CI/ES not only because it was better than pure health, but because pure health gets one shot due to low effective health. Lowering CI/ES effective health down to health standards (though quick calculations the current scheduled nerfs shouldn't be that drastic) would just narrow the pool of players that can effectively clear end-game content, whereas buffing health a bit wouldn't do that and would still help break the meta that leans towards CI/ES.
Dernière édition par EonLight, le 31 mai 2017 15:49:30
I'm happy that Breaches are staying in some way and I'm fine with seeing leaguestones go, but I really hope GGG reconsiders and adds Breach to the pre-maps game.

I've been playing PoE on and off for a year or two now (took a break and missed the entire Breach league, which I'm really kicking myself over), and getting to run Breaches with leaguestones is the most fun I've had in the game, maybe ever. As an altaholic who makes lots of different builds but rarely stays interested in them long enough to make it to maps with most of them, I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to find Breaches while leveling any more. Breaches were fun, challenging, made me want to find ways to improve my build and learn more about the game, and were a great way to test out a new rare or unique that had dropped and made my character feel much more powerful. I found them intuitive enough (step on the hand and the breach expands, monsters come out the edges, eventually it retracts), certainly no less intuitive than strongboxes, tormented spirits, or vaal side areas are, and a lot more fun.

tl;dr Breaches are imo the most fun thing that this game has implemented in years (not because the game is bad but because breaches are so good), and it feels like such a shame that players who never/rarely get to maps won't be able to experience them.
Well this sucks. I was really hoping that Legacy would make it to standard :(
Why would you add something fun to the game and then remove it?!
I'm glad breach is staying, but I'm really disappointed that legacy is leaving. Legacy made mapping actually enjoyable, since I didn't need to hope RNG would result in giving specific map effects or objects, and it allowed me to plan them myself using the stones. Furthermore, I liked being able to play with perandus and talisman again, especially in an unobtrusive fashion as allowed by simply equipping or un-equipping them when desired.

I think it would be better to change Zana's legacy modifiers to cost much less (why does "has monster type" cost so much?), and make it so that league effects are still usable on the device, while allowing leaguestones to be used. Furthermore, making it so leaguestones are endgame/mapping only, so that they have to be placed in the map device; that would certainly prevent unintended use. Lastly, I presume if they were added, they would drop less in the future, so more charges would be needed.

It's such a good system for endgame variety, and I hate to see it go In favor of the chaos cost system (which was rarely ever worthwhile to use, and it left many non-loot related modifiers like shrines completely worthless).

So the HOWA nerf is that you can use shield to get at least some ES.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Reading most of these replies I guess I'm in the minority, but I hated Leaguestones. They were just clutter for me, pointless more things that I needed to manage to play optimally. Half of them were worthless anyway, and it's half the reason I barely played this league (the other being that minion builds sap my attention faster than anything). So I'm pretty glad they're gone.

Besides, three leagues active at once? BORING. Bring back Flashback leagues. Now THOSE are fun.
i think this sucks a whole lot.

i think standard is way too cluttered with past league glimpses every area, and i'd rather see them all be removed and leaguestones added, so that at least the league benefits you see in each area are up to your, controlled, and actually more rare (since leaguestones won't be 100% sustained)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires