Breach and Legacy as Core Game Mechanics

Boo, I'm disappointed Legacy is not being carried over to the core game. Although at least it hasn't been completely ruled out at some point, even if it comes back via an NPC or something to be unlocked on an account.

A way of dealing with the new player overhead problem is to simply gradually introduce the player to new league stones with each new Act. Allowing players if they wish to more difficult league stones in earlier acts/characters, if they've collected them before hand on another character.
But the stones still won't drop until their respective act has been unlocked on that character.

That way you can ease characters into mechanics and you normally do already. But still allow players to have a somewhat directed approach to the content they experience.
Personally glad leaguestones wont be in the game right now. The system feels tedious in my opinion. I'm not opposed to it being in the game but just less clunky.
Seems like a shame to restrict Breaches to maps only, as it will likely mean that a lot of players that only play the game casually will never see them.
Basically they are going to be extended endgame content to the extended endgame. :S

I've only managed to collect about 15 of each splinter type in the legacy league, so I guess I'm never going to get a chance to find out what they do.
Will be sad to see legacy go, it was the most fun I have ever had in the game.

Being able to set up runs with danger at every turn had me seeking out the more dangerous combinations. I cannot understand how anyone thought the system clunky or tedious, their use was entirely optional, and simply required slotting the appropriate stone or stones. I guess some folks are easily challenged by the simplest of mechanics, perhaps they would be better served playing a game like pong.
Regards Hexcaliber
Dernière édition par Hexcaliber, le 30 mai 2017 21:16:52
(🌸=◡=)
New players play temp leagues.

GGG's arguments against breach or legacy being intrusive to new players on standard doesn't mesh with reality.

Standard needs more access to prior league content, especially for long-time standard only players and pvpers.

I have a level 96 in Legacy and only 45 chayula splinters. I run nearly every breach leaguestone I find.

At 1/10th the occurrence rate on standard, I'll get 100 chayula splinters in 88 months. Seems reasonable. 7.5 years. Smart.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
10% chance in maps only feels waaaaay too low. Even with everyone running breaches almost constantly in breach and legacy leagues, Splinters of Chayula were almost 2c each.... I'm not sure I want to see 20c splinters, 20ex breachstones, and 50ex Blessings.
Dernière édition par GoldDragon32, le 30 mai 2017 21:19:42
Great news! Leaguestones were tedious, and added more micromanaging over top a mapping system full of micromanagement. A seamless integration of leagues into the core game would be ideal, but Zana is better than an inventory full of leaguestones.
Dernière édition par TheKleen, le 30 mai 2017 21:19:12
Yay
Dernière édition par beensrsly, le 30 mai 2017 21:19:34
"
Astealoth a écrit :

Leaguestones being turned functionless is fine, I am not very impressed with how many fiddly bits they add to mapping. I'm already managing chisels, alch/chaos/vaal craft, sextants, zana mods, and prophecies. The leaguestones feel like they add just too much crap to spawning an instance, I wouldn't be that happy with it being a permanent mechanic.

This! Legacy was fun, but with limited play time, the poor RNG of key results combined with the super low drop chance, and then the fiddling of leaguestones really did lead to a cumbersome mapping experience.

I went back to an old HC char I was trying to finish off and I honestly didn't miss leaguestones bar one, breach leaguestone! Hope to see this show up for Zana as an early unlock.
Dernière édition par Sectiplave, le 30 mai 2017 21:22:36

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires