[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Honestly that's good insight itself. I probably wont go for it then until I do some experimenting. Thanks.
Has anyone tried this build as a full fire conversion Chieftain? I’m in the process right now.
"
Kodio a écrit :
Has anyone tried this build as a full fire conversion Chieftain? I’m in the process right now.

I have made a couple of attempts to make a Chieftain version but the damage was always a bit lackluster. I think Chieftain is on a lower power level right now and GGG is very likely going to buff Chieftain in 3.7. So, it’s probably a better idea to wait until the 3.7 changes are out, and then plan the Chieftain full conversion version.
Hey brightwaha:

Long time fan of this build (in fact it's the only POE build I've ever played. Tried both the slayer and zerker variant of this build). Thank you for the detailed guide and the constant updates you make.

I was wondering what you think next steps for my build should be (the 87 zerker on synthesis), or if you think any of my passives need adjustment. (I followed the passives pretty much to the the letter. Skipped Executioner and took Amplify because I use ground slam so much). 6-link tidebreaker is a bit out of reach for me atm financially, but I think it's the next piece I'm aiming for.

From the guide, it sounds like for the most part zerker can just stay with ground slam (I'm not having any issues map bosses yet). Will there be a point where I need to swap to heavy strike before going into boss room to ensure stunlock?
"
Kapitolist a écrit :
Hey brightwaha:

Long time fan of this build (in fact it's the only POE build I've ever played. Tried both the slayer and zerker variant of this build). Thank you for the detailed guide and the constant updates you make.

I was wondering what you think next steps for my build should be (the 87 zerker on synthesis), or if you think any of my passives need adjustment. (I followed the passives pretty much to the the letter. Skipped Executioner and took Amplify because I use ground slam so much). 6-link tidebreaker is a bit out of reach for me atm financially, but I think it's the next piece I'm aiming for.

From the guide, it sounds like for the most part zerker can just stay with ground slam (I'm not having any issues map bosses yet). Will there be a point where I need to swap to heavy strike before going into boss room to ensure stunlock?

Glad you enjoyed the build. I do suggest trying out different builds later on, as it would be a very different PoE experience. Maybe also come back to this stun build after 3.7 comes out, I expect this build to be very different in 3.7.

I didn't spot anything wrong with your setup. Amplify is definitely a good choice, especially since you're playing Berserker and using Ground Slam. One change I would make is to replace the 2 stun duration nodes in the Stun Mastery wheel with something else - jewel sockets or life nodes. The stun duration node is mostly only useful for Shaper encounter. Since we can stun-lock other bosses quite reliably no matter what.

Your next upgrade, besides a 6-link Tidebreaker, would be your jewelries (rings, jewels, etc.). You should use one threshold jewel for Ground Slam, the increased AoE angle is very handy.

If you're only using Ground Slam for the moment, you don't really need Empire's Grasp, and maybe you can try out different things. Choices are: 1. rare gloves with tons of life and resists; 2. rare gloves with Insanity Essence for the more attack speed on Leap Slam; 3. Tombfist - it's nerfed but it's still pretty good.

Other than your jewelries and gloves, getting a 6-link Tidebreaker is definitely the biggest upgrade. Although it's very costly, it's a game changer.
"
brightwaha a écrit :

Glad you enjoyed the build. I do suggest trying out different builds later on, as it would be a very different PoE experience. Maybe also come back to this stun build after 3.7 comes out, I expect this build to be very different in 3.7.

I didn't spot anything wrong with your setup. Amplify is definitely a good choice, especially since you're playing Berserker and using Ground Slam. One change I would make is to replace the 2 stun duration nodes in the Stun Mastery wheel with something else - jewel sockets or life nodes. The stun duration node is mostly only useful for Shaper encounter. Since we can stun-lock other bosses quite reliably no matter what.

Your next upgrade, besides a 6-link Tidebreaker, would be your jewelries (rings, jewels, etc.). You should use one threshold jewel for Ground Slam, the increased AoE angle is very handy.

If you're only using Ground Slam for the moment, you don't really need Empire's Grasp, and maybe you can try out different things. Choices are: 1. rare gloves with tons of life and resists; 2. rare gloves with Insanity Essence for the more attack speed on Leap Slam; 3. Tombfist - it's nerfed but it's still pretty good.

Other than your jewelries and gloves, getting a 6-link Tidebreaker is definitely the biggest upgrade. Although it's very costly, it's a game changer.

Thanks for the feedback! The reason I'm using empire's grasp is because lion's roar causes knockback. So when I pop my dps flasks things get pushed away...

Also I think you missed the last part of my question. Do I need to gem swap to heavy strike for higher tier bosses? (Maybe there are particular bosses that this is especially true for?)
"
Kapitolist a écrit :
Thanks for the feedback! The reason I'm using empire's grasp is because lion's roar causes knockback. So when I pop my dps flasks things get pushed away...

Also I think you missed the last part of my question. Do I need to gem swap to heavy strike for higher tier bosses? (Maybe there are particular bosses that this is especially true for?)

Usually I would say the most ideal setup as a Berserker is to have 2 weapons, one using Heavy Strike and one using Ground Slam. The reason is, to have optimal single-target performance, you not only need to switch Ground Slam to Heavy Strike, you also need to equip the Heavy Strike threshold jewels and swap support gems, like Multistrike -> Bloodlust.

And usually the only reasons to use Heavy Strike is to either ensure stun-locking or to rush down the boss (say stun immune bosses) with highest possible DPS. But Ground Slam has its merits too, for it being a ranged AoE with no hazards like single-target name-locking.

So I would say having a Heavy Strike setup will help you when dealing with encounters like Betrayal or Abyssal Lich or special bosses like the ones in Arena map (ensure stunning to prevent reflection) or Kitava or Rigward or some difficult T15 bosses. During those encounters, it will help, but it's not necessary.

I think it only becomes necessary when you want to deal with high tier Elder / Elder Guardians or T16 Guardians. Elder Guardian fights are completely trivial if you can stun-lock them, but pretty nasty if you can't. I don't think you can consistently stun-lock Guardians yet with your current setup. But honestly I don't expect you to be ambitious enough to do these contents yet.

So I guess the TLDR is: focus on upgrading your gears first, Ground Slam will be sufficient for most of your mapping experience. Only when you reach endgame content you will feel you need extra DPS and stunning capabilities from Heavy Strike.

Hey Bright,

If I'm not using bloodlust atm, is it better to put points into the two bleed chance nodes or life nodes near scion?
"
Kapitolist a écrit :
Hey Bright,

If I'm not using bloodlust atm, is it better to put points into the two bleed chance nodes or life nodes near scion?

You should invest into one of them (the 15% one). Depending on the skill / support gems, bleed may be as high as 10% of our damage, having that extra damage for 1 skill point is not bad.

Also, bleed helps against those "allies cannot die" aura. Once you killed the one carrying the aura, the rest will just die to bleeding damage.
HUGE stun changes, along with major phys vs ele / stun thresholds incoming

very excited for the patch tbh. im not sure if stun locking shaper will still be viable (i assume so) but it seems like pure buffs all around!

<3 brightwaha

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires