[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Crêpo a écrit :
"
Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. This meant that a very high damage hit with enough leech could last minutes, if not longer, if you had an effect letting your leech remain on full life. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

This is a disaster for the Slayer, right? This change dramatically punishes big hits.

Well, i guess as long as you stun, you dont really need leech anyway? :-)
"
evilmindcz a écrit :
:-)

ᕕ( ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)ᕗ
"
evilmindcz a écrit :
"
Crêpo a écrit :
"
Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. This meant that a very high damage hit with enough leech could last minutes, if not longer, if you had an effect letting your leech remain on full life. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

This is a disaster for the Slayer, right? This change dramatically punishes big hits.

Well, i guess as long as you stun, you dont really need leech anyway? :-)

I wouldn't call it a disaster. The problem is mostly going to be Blood Rage degen while mapping with Vaal Pact, and the inability to keep max leech up during boss fights with phases.

Those are going to be a bit more annoying, but because this is a stun build and we don't 100% rely on Slayer leeching, it's mostly going to be a QoL level of an issue other than a build strength level of an issue.

I played Slayer for a long while without picking Brutal Fervour, and I think it can be a good choice even if you don't pick the leech ascendancy nodes. The 20% culling node, for example, is not too bad of a choice.

So yes, it does hurt Slayer a bit, but it's still going to be a good choice. On the other hand, though, there are now more reasons to choose Berserker / Ascendant instead of Slayer.
Hello, using your guide as a foundation. I theorycrafted/created a Tidebreaker Inquisitor that is Phys—>Lightning + Crit using Heavy Strike and VGroundSlam. The idea was to replace the Duelist Ascendench and its affiliation with Bleeding to further the damage and replace that with Inquisitor and Lightning. Specifically, I wanted to emphasize the synergy of Shock with Heavy Strike to produce some staggering swings. My build currently uses a lot of lightning related uniques like Stormcharger, Valako’s Sign, Circle of Regret, Doryani’s Invitation—even a Lightning Coil. It also incorporates a lot of the uniques in your build such as Deveto’s, Empire’s Grasp. My question to you is what do you think the best way to go about optimizing this type of build both from items and skill gems?
"
Narwlfang a écrit :
Hello, using your guide as a foundation. I theorycrafted/created a Tidebreaker Inquisitor that is Phys—>Lightning + Crit using Heavy Strike and VGroundSlam. The idea was to replace the Duelist Ascendench and its affiliation with Bleeding to further the damage and replace that with Inquisitor and Lightning. Specifically, I wanted to emphasize the synergy of Shock with Heavy Strike to produce some staggering swings. My build currently uses a lot of lightning related uniques like Stormcharger, Valako’s Sign, Circle of Regret, Doryani’s Invitation—even a Lightning Coil. It also incorporates a lot of the uniques in your build such as Deveto’s, Empire’s Grasp. My question to you is what do you think the best way to go about optimizing this type of build both from items and skill gems?

I think my 1st question would be: what's the purpose of the build? For example, when I first created this stun build back in Legacy league, I wanted a build that could stun the highest tier of bosses possible, and could also map with reasonably speed and safety. Now this build already achieved very consistent stun-locking on Shaper, my current goal while min-maxing is to achieve better mobility and clear speed.

So if all you want is Shaper stun-locking with a lightning / crit Inquisitor, you can simply use Path of Building and my simulation code to see how successful the build is. But if you want a well-rounded build suited for all types of content, you need to evaluate your mobility (movement and attack speed) and survival (effective hp and hp recovery).

In case you're aiming for a well-rounded build, I propose a list of questions you probably should be considering: to make good use of Inquisitor's Inevitable Judgement, you need a ton of crit chance and accuracy, how? While investing into crit and damage conversion, where do you find efficient ways to obtain attack speed for mobility? If you hit slowly, your leech is not going to be very effective, so where do you find additional sustain? With full damage conversion, how do you leech mana? You're using a list of uniques that offers close to 0 survival, is it worth it, where do you find life and other defense?

To answer those questions, you definitely want to use Path of Building, and you will want to read WiKi pages on "shock", "stun", "damage conversion" and "critical strike". You probably also want to browse all potentially relevant unique items, all the affixes rare items can potentially have, and all the corruption implicits.

If you already have a full build in mind, you can send me your PoB link and I will be happy to make some detailed comments.
thanks for getting back to me. To be perfectly honest, I am not very well versed in this game and the various mechanics associated with it. I have made a couple characters and haven't been able to make it to even the guardians. What I love about this game is the potential to create anything you want with the sky as your limit. Your questions are well stated--I guess what im looking for is your opinion of my idea, what you think of it, advantages/disadvantages to it, etc. I think I made my profile public if you wanna check out my inquisitor atm. Just kinda wanted to know if you ever thought of a. elemental conversion b. lightning c. Inquisitor ascendency with respect to Tibebreaker/Heavy Strike/Stunning concept...Sorry if I didn't answer your question. don't really know how to do the whole Path of Building thing
"
Narwlfang a écrit :
thanks for getting back to me. To be perfectly honest, I am not very well versed in this game and the various mechanics associated with it. I have made a couple characters and haven't been able to make it to even the guardians. What I love about this game is the potential to create anything you want with the sky as your limit. Your questions are well stated--I guess what im looking for is your opinion of my idea, what you think of it, advantages/disadvantages to it, etc. I think I made my profile public if you wanna check out my inquisitor atm. Just kinda wanted to know if you ever thought of a. elemental conversion b. lightning c. Inquisitor ascendency with respect to Tibebreaker/Heavy Strike/Stunning concept...Sorry if I didn't answer your question. don't really know how to do the whole Path of Building thing

You should definitely try out Path of Building, just download from Google and it's quite intuitive to use.

I see that your main idea is to have the great synergy between big hits, stunning and shocking. The ability to shock offers huge DPS and stunning capabilities to our build. Also Inquisitor can ignore enemy resistances, which removes the need to find sources of penetration. Those are some great synergies to pull out some good DPS and can carry the whole build, but only if you can manage a couple other things: lightning conversion, high crit chance, high crit multiplier, good attack speed, good survival and leech source.

Details here
Spoiler

1. It's not easy to have full lightning conversion. Physical to Lightning Support is one gem slot in your 6 link, Stormcharger has poor stats, and Wrath Watcher's Eye is, well, it's one jewel slot. If you don't manage to have full lightning conversion, it's fine; but you will have weaker shock and lower damage.

2. High crit chance is difficult to obtain with Tidebreaker, which is a 5% base crit weapon. Ungil's Harmony is a very effective way to stack crit chance but it also sabotages your crit multi.

3. Now crit multi. It's actually not necessary to have a really high crit multi, since with the Tidebreaker, Heavy Strike, and the shock mechanics, you won't be lacking damage, but still, you will want some and it's difficult to get. You may get some from your jewelries, but you also really want a ton of resists from there, since you're using so many uniques with close to 0 resists. You may also get crit multi from Abyssus, which gives a huge defensive drawback and you will have to rethink about your defensive mechanism then.

4. Attack speed. It's something the Slayer version is struggling with as well. Tidebreaker is slow and being slow can be very dangerous. Slayer can sort of compensate for that by having huge AoE area and life leech, but Inquisitor doesn't have that. You will need to find a lot of attack speed from your gears and probably you will end up using Starkonja.

5. Survival. Investing into crit means less life nodes from the tree and good jewelries with both good max life and resists and crit stuff are definitely very expensive. You probably should still use Kaom's Heart but that may still not be enough, especially if you're using Abyssus.

6. You will also have a hard time finding life and mana leech. Maybe you will use Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark, but that competes with Assassin's Mark. Maybe you can get dual-curse, but then it competes with Wrath aura for your mana reservation.

Those are my thought processes if I were to make a build: 1. find powerful synergies to carry the build; 2. find problems the build has; 3. solve the problems; 4. test in game.

Now you did step 1, I did step 2 for you, and you should try to solve the problems and you will have a build that at least works in theory and ready to be tested.

My expectations here is that it's going to work, but it's difficult to surpass the current build I am putting up. You will not have a hard time achieving a good enough DPS but will likely have to make some compromises, likely on either mobility or survival.
What would you recommend for gem links on pure physical gruthkuls pelt slayer. I finally 6 linked my tidebreaker in hardcore.
"
ztr a écrit :
What would you recommend for gem links on pure physical gruthkuls pelt slayer. I finally 6 linked my tidebreaker in hardcore.

You will have a lot of gem slots since you can't use any spells.

Maybe you want a 6-link on your weapon and totem 6-link on your chest. Then you can put a 4-link Leap Slam, a 4-link Frenzy with Curse on Hit. And Wiki says War Banner can still be used.

Maybe you can put Vengeance as well since we really have too many gem slots. You can link with Increased AoE, Fortify, maybe Life Gain on Hit?

I can't think of more gems that are useful. There are some gems with good utility, like Consecrated Path for consecrated ground and movement, but I don't think it's necessary.

I never played with Gruthkul's Pelt, as I think you lose so much DPS from auras and Blood Rage, so I don't have any 1st hand experience on what works and what doesn't. If later on you feel something is particularly good, I'd like to hear any comments as well.
I'm only using gruthkuls pelt with blood magic until I can afford a kaoms then i will swap to a normal build.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires