[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Hey OP, sorry for the delay. I wanted to get the build in a better spot before you took a look at it. What do you think so far? I tried to implement a lot of what you told me previously while maintaining the identity of the build. Couple uncertainties I have is my curse. Additionally the value of Wrath vs Haste, as well as ideal gem set up. Let me know what you think! Thanks so much in advance.

https://pastebin.com/78zCUerf
"
Narwlfang a écrit :
Hey OP, sorry for the delay. I wanted to get the build in a better spot before you took a look at it. What do you think so far? I tried to implement a lot of what you told me previously while maintaining the identity of the build. Couple uncertainties I have is my curse. Additionally the value of Wrath vs Haste, as well as ideal gem set up. Let me know what you think! Thanks so much in advance.

https://pastebin.com/78zCUerf

Some comments below:

PoB
Spoiler

I see that you did not set up PoB enough to fully use its functions. I made some changes and here is the link. i did not spend much time on this and there are many changes still to be made. Survival is bad right now, mobility is very mediocre as well; but at least, I see 2M DPS, and it's a good place to start.

https://pastebin.com/xDc5jB2M

And comments:

1. Set gems to 20/20, fill all gem slots with gems you're planning to use. Choose Heavy Strike as "main skill".

2. Set up items and flasks to ideal states that you can possibly afford. You can sort unique items by DPS, which can inspire you of items that you haven't thought of.

3. Go to config page and select all that should apply. Select "Shaper/Guardian" for "is the enemy a boss?".

After doing all these you will be able to trust your DPS number from PoB and make decisions based on that.

Skill Tree
Spoiler

1. Indomitable is very bad, don't waste skill points on that.

2. Blunt Instrument is very mediocre, and you have better choices.

3. Maybe Spiritual Aid and Spiritual Command are good choices. I haven't spent enough time to make a good conclusion.

4. Not sure if it's temporary or not, but +30 attribute nodes should not be picked unless leveling or absolutely necessary.

Items
Spoiler

1. Doryani's Invitation is very bad - low DPS gain and close to zero survival. You should look at either Ryslatha's Coil or an abyss belt.

2. You will have around 90% damage conversion. So you want life and mana leech on your jewelries for life and mana sustain.

3. Belly of the Beast is mediocre. I recommend Loreweave, and Kaom's Heart is good as well.

4. Valako's Sign is pretty bad, and rings are important sources of maximum life and resists. I recommend rare rings with juicy affixes.

5. There are so many things you need as a crit build, so I don't think you should run Empire's Grasp for the QoL. You can maybe use Maligaro's Virtuosity or Oskarm.

6. You definitely want a Diamond flask. I also selected a couple other flasks in my PoB page.

7. You really need flat added accuracy from your items. You should get at least one ring with around +300 accuracy rating.

Gems
Spoiler

1. Wrath does provide a lot of DPS, so I won't use Haste over it.

2. Enfeeble is pretty useless when linked to Heralds. I would run Assassin's Mark instead, and probably with Orb of Storms.

3. Maim Support is useless if you're at 90% damage conversion.

4. You want Ruthless Support if you want to stun enemies. Damage on Full Life is also pretty good.
Any Jugg variants of this build? I really really want to use it as my 3.7 league starter.
"
ChrysalisEternal a écrit :
Any Jugg variants of this build? I really really want to use it as my 3.7 league starter.

You can play this build with Jugg, but generally speaking, it's not going to be the best choice.

Jugg is good for mostly crit builds that need defenses. Tidebreaker is a 5% base crit weapon and stun builds need offense more than defense. This along with a couple other reasons make Jugg a relatively weak choice.

Here is my jugg:)

Reasons why jugg is okay:
- +1 to endurance charge (i have 7)
- 28% chaos res
- +35% Area of effect and increased damage (which helps tectonic slam btw)
- double armor

Im seriously considering champion however because:
- 100% chance to taunt which gives us
a) 6% reduced damage taken
b) 2% life regen (meh)
c) 20% incr damage
d) enemies cannot evade which means we can remove Resolute technique and we can crit again and get 1 skillpoint to use!

- Permanent Fortify!
a) +10% attack speed
b) +30% melee dmg
c) 20% reduced damage taken from hits (mostly helps against elemental damage from hits since our phys dmg reduction will be 90%)

I suspect champion is the better option here DEFENSIVELY speaking! not saying zerker is not a good choice but I prefer personally to feel safer knowing I'm playing a defensive option.
Also just my opinion I maintain enough damage as it is and thus choosing zerker for MORE damage seems redundant (and risky since we take 10% more damage which is not good when trying to face tank), again just my opinion
"
Here is my jugg:)

Reasons why jugg is okay:
- +1 to endurance charge (i have 7)
- 28% chaos res
- +35% Area of effect and increased damage (which helps tectonic slam btw)
- double armor

Im seriously considering champion however because:
- 100% chance to taunt which gives us
a) 6% reduced damage taken
b) 2% life regen (meh)
c) 20% incr damage
d) enemies cannot evade which means we can remove Resolute technique and we can crit again and get 1 skillpoint to use!

- Permanent Fortify!
a) +10% attack speed
b) +30% melee dmg
c) 20% reduced damage taken from hits (mostly helps against elemental damage from hits since our phys dmg reduction will be 90%)

I suspect champion is the better option here DEFENSIVELY speaking! not saying zerker is not a good choice but I prefer personally to feel safer knowing I'm playing a defensive option.
Also just my opinion I maintain enough damage as it is and thus choosing zerker for MORE damage seems redundant (and risky since we take 10% more damage which is not good when trying to face tank), again just my opinion

That's some really good items :D

I agree that Jugg is "okay", but I think for most people, the ascendancy might be lackluster. I don't think 1 endurance charge, a couple of chaos res, some increased dmg and AoE from the whole ascendancy is good enough. The double armor only doubles the body armor, so it's a pretty minor effect if you're using Kaom's Heart.

A big promise I make in the guide is that the build should be able to stun Shaper. Jugg can do that, but it's going to take pretty optimized gears.

Champion is pretty good, and I had a Champion variant in the guide for a long time - until I removed that section when patch 3.6 came out. The reason is that, if you want a more defensive version, then Slayer and Ascendant can do the job. Slayer has good utilities and Ascendant has far better mobility than Champion. And mobility is another reason that I don't recommend either Jugg or Champion.

So if you like a slower but really safe playstyle, yes Jugg and Champion can be a good choice. It's just generally, I won't make such recommendations to an average player. With mediocre gears, Jugg and Champion may feel really slow and may fail to stun bosses when needed.
Thanks!
Although only Koam's Heart and my flasks are good the amulet, boots and gloves came from other buildsx)
you may have noticed I took out

Reason for this was because I was having mana issues but I really enjoyed the attack speed that came with it.
I'm running 2 Tidebreakers. Tectonic Slam and then Heavy Strike and this is a great segway into my concerns about Heavy Strike!
So, Heavy Strike! some bosses it doesn't seem to deal enough, other times it doesn't seem to be dealing the double damage. All while me standing there trying to face tank (hence my preference towards defensive oriented builds) Noticing how I fare against some map bosses I'm absolutely terrified of trying this against Minotaur lol
I remember from a separate guide¹ where they focused 100% into maximizing dps for Heavy Strike which turned out to be really successful due to the weapon of choice so I suspect if I'm encountering issues with heavy strike I kind of have to look at Tidebreaker as the weapon itself and say,
"Grrr Tidebreaker you're holding me back!"
So I'm suspecting I may have to amp-up my power with a different weapon because Heavy Strike is telling me, "C'mon man! I'm dying over here!" and I'm like me too! there's no way I can go up against Minotaur!
So the skill tree says Maces and 2h weapons, what can we do?

I like Starforge but we're using so much elemental dmg that it would just go to waste.
I think I'm going to use the axe:)
wonder if I can get a really good mace somewhere. . . .

References:
1 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1985677
Dernière édition par PleaseMasterMakeMeScream, le 23 avr. 2019 17:14:51
"
Thanks!
Although only Koam's Heart and my flasks are good the amulet, boots and gloves came from other buildsx)
you may have noticed I took out

Reason for this was because I was having mana issues but I really enjoyed the attack speed that came with it.
I'm running 2 Tidebreakers. Tectonic Slam and then Heavy Strike and this is a great segway into my concerns about Heavy Strike!
So, Heavy Strike! some bosses it doesn't seem to deal enough, other times it doesn't seem to be dealing the double damage. All while me standing there trying to face tank (hence my preference towards defensive oriented builds) Noticing how I fare against some map bosses I'm absolutely terrified of trying this against Minotaur lol
I remember from a separate guide¹ where they focused 100% into maximizing dps for Heavy Strike which turned out to be really successful due to the weapon of choice so I suspect if I'm encountering issues with heavy strike I kind of have to look at Tidebreaker as the weapon itself and say,
"Grrr Tidebreaker you're holding me back!"
So I'm suspecting I may have to amp-up my power with a different weapon because Heavy Strike is telling me, "C'mon man! I'm dying over here!" and I'm like me too! there's no way I can go up against Minotaur!
So the skill tree says Maces and 2h weapons, what can we do?

I like Starforge but we're using so much elemental dmg that it would just go to waste.
I think I'm going to use the axe:)
wonder if I can get a really good mace somewhere. . . .

References:
1 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1985677

Generally, I think there are 4 different survival strategies in the game.

1. Kill anything before they can deal damage to you. This is a valid strategy used by those 10M+ DPS builds.
2. Tank any incoming damage. Literally.
3. Move fast so nothing hits you. This is how minion builds or bow builds can stay alive with low EHP.
4. Control all mobs so they can't deal damage. This is the core of this stun build.

So, you can lean towards the 2nd strategy. The problem is that you need to invest into defense, which may be costly.

Or, you can lean towards the 1st strategy. If you can manage to get maybe 10 million DPS, then you don't need as much defense.

This stun build, however, uses the 4th strategy. I prioritize our stun capabilities because this works super well against most bosses in the game. There are some bosses that are immune to stuns (Minotaur, for example), and that's why I also aim for some defense and DPS - so that I can tank Minotaur's attacks and rush him down within the duration of my flasks.

Tidebreaker is a good weapon for Resolute Technique. Good DPS and great stun capability. If you're going to utilize stunning, I don't think there are other better options.

Alternatively, maybe you can switch to Starforge and go for a crit build. With Jugg and Starforge and Heavy Strike, you will be able to pull out some great DPS while maintaining good defense. And you pay the cost of losing a lot of stun capabilities.
Not sure if you already talked about this.
Do you see any reason to pick up MoM for increased survivability?

I'm playing HC and just trying to decide if it would be worth it to make some adjustments to the tree.
"
MiesterBojangles a écrit :
Not sure if you already talked about this.
Do you see any reason to pick up MoM for increased survivability?

I'm playing HC and just trying to decide if it would be worth it to make some adjustments to the tree.

I have had a couple of attempts to utilize MoM, but I was never satisfied with any of those attempts.

So... maybe MoM can work, but I really don’t have any useful insight to share.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires