[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
Dehogyde a écrit :
There no gloves and helmet in the store with these corruptions. So the only way to get one is buy the cheapes, link and color it then pray for the good corruption. Am i right?

The most expensive part of the build is: coloring the chest. After 1500 chrom, i give up. I use Cyclone, Blade vortex, Cast while channeling, Infused channelind. And put a Fortify to the fifth link, becouse is red.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dehogyde/characters?characterName=workowertime

The ApS on character screen(in game) and the attack rate in PoB is the same stat? Becouse my is 5.1 and 5.55. Why is different?
And how do you get these high aps? I have Versatility and Born to fight like you. No attack speed from your jewels. The only source is the faster attack gem. Only the gem does 2 attack per sec? Or i miss something?

The helmet corruption or enchant are really quite important, it really depends on what item you want to get it on whether is worth making or buying.

What is your target helmet? Rare, Devoto's or Scold's?

The chest colors are kinda tricky...
according to the calculator it shouldnt be too hard, and under 400 chroms.
https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

However I'm currently coloring a 6L corrupted Kingsguard with inc damage, and im 1300 chroms & vaals in with little luck...
You just gotta stick with it.

Attack speed wise if you have the cooldown recovery belt 7.5 APS is essential. I'm getting all I need from bloodrage & faster attacks both Q20. You can do it without faster attacks but then you need jewels and some passive points (which are practically next to our tree anyway).

the difference between your APS in your hideout and PoB is due to the Undeniable ascendancy node. It gives 30% accuracy rating for 8 sec after a crit, accuracy is turned into attack speed by the same node. Hence if you crit your APS will be temporarily boosted by a little bit. PoB takes this into account, when you are in your HO your crit recently doesnt apply.
"
ryster a écrit :
Hey guys. Didn't manage to start Legion this league to decided to start clearing up my stardard characters and stash tabs!!

I've consolidated 4 seperate temperate leagues worth of Mjolner Jugg gear onto one character, I think I've chosen the strongest gear but I'm left with two choices.
1. use the Flow Unthered and an APS jewel to reach 9.01 APS with cyclone with 5.6k life

2. Use a +1 endurance charge belt lower APS of around 8 and hit 6k life

Does the extra endurance charge outdps the increased APS, both setups are single spell Discharge, I'm used CODT Wave of Conviction and a 6 linked King's with curse on hit ele weakness

Many thanks for any pointers

Going up to 9.01 APS actually hurts your DPS a LOT.
Do not do this.

Get to 7.5 APS and don't go higher. you should really already understand why, but if you don't go to page 1 of this guide and read the 'About target APS for Cyclone' spoiler.

TL;DR:
Endurance charge belt is better, but still lower APS to 7.5, anything higher is destroying your DPS.
Dernière édition par Therrinian, le 19 août 2019 07:34:45
"
Huzur a écrit :
Hi! this build is still viable? i will try to play it in new league, can i be effective with that build? i really like tanky builds with mjolner!)

It's more viable then ever before, with crazy gear you can down shaper phases with flasks still up.

Very safe and very high dps, clear speed is medium.
"
punk4epen a écrit :
Hi, i have 7.46 tooltip cyclone APS, but when EO is triggered, my APS raised to 7.59, is it normal?
P.S. In pob i have also 7.59 APS...

It's the Undeniable ascendancy node, after a crit it gives 30% inc accuracy, and accuracy is converted to attack speed.

PoB is correct, when you are in combat it is essentially always up.

Elemental Overload has the same trigger, 8 sec after a crit. This just happens to match.

You need to drop a little attack speed this way you are desynchronizing your attacks with the Mjolner Discharge cooldown and losing half of your DPS.
Dernière édition par Therrinian, le 19 août 2019 07:36:48
"
alfadian a écrit :
Spoiler
"
Therrinian a écrit :
"
alfadian a écrit :
hi guys im new here... ...here is my pastebin : https://pastebin.com/wJHees2w im currently using Therrinian build

I've checked your build and it looks nice, you did seem to sacrifice a lot life nodes, but that might just be a leveling thing, in the mean time you could remove a jewel socket or perhaps the nodes towards arcanist's dominion, If you can make it work without it.

I recommend dropping the Rotgut flask for an experimenter's quicksilver flask of adrenaline.

However I realized one big issue with your setup, your APS is at 7.83, this is out of sync with the internal cooldown of Mjolner + the cooldown reduction from your belt, thereby wasting part of every other proc. Replace your jewels to not have attack speed and make sure to have at most 7.5 APS, anything higher will lower your damage significantly.

Lowering your attack speed to 7.5 APS will give you a very noticeable damage increase.
I hope you enjoy it.

alright thanks for the advice. is 7.58 APS is enough? or should i lowering it again?

7.58 APS is too high.
The actual breakpoint if you want to get into the extreme details is 7.576 (see page 1 cyclone APS spoiler). So you are definitely wasting a lot, almost half your attacks! your DPS will double if you drop down even just a little bit.
Dernière édition par Therrinian, le 19 août 2019 05:21:16
I see many people could use some clarification on how cooldowns like Mjolner's internal cooldown work. Most characters seem struggle with achieving synchronicity of Mjolner with the cyclone attacks:

I've made this simple diagram to illustrate the importance of hitting the exact APS for this and indeed other triggered builds.

@RicoKGB
Spoiler
Can you add this to the build guide, the current explanation is referring to the out of date 3.7 APS not the current 7.5. And maybe put a TL;DR version outside of the spoiler, many people seem to miss the point completely... :(

Attack speed trigger mechanics

Mjolner, cast when crit, cospri and such have hidden internal cooldowns. The cooldown is 150 ms, but due to 33 ms server tick mechanics it is rounded up to 165 ms. 1sec/165ms results in 6.06 attacks per second. This is the maximum number of discharges the trigger is capable of by itself. Adding 14%+ cooldown recovery rate to the build can make the trigger recover 1 server tick faster 165-33=132 ms. This results in 1sec/132ms = 7.576 attacks per second.

In order to utilize all available procs, the trigger's cooldown must be synchronized with the hit rate (or crit rate for coc and cospri).
To achieve this you must have as close to 7.5 attacks per second without going over.

The example below shows why this is extremely important for your DPS.

Mjolner cooldown ready: C
Mjolner waiting with available cooldown (wasted):+
Attacks hits to proc Mjolner: H
Discharge: D

APS and Mjolner in sync (Optimal):
C======C======C======C======C======C======C
D======D======D======D======D======D======D (time between discharge=7)
H======H======H======H======H======H======H (time between hits=7)
time-->

This way nothing is wasted and you are producing the most discharges possible.

APS lower then 7.576 (longer wait between hits):

C======CC======CC======CC======CC======CC
D======+D======+D======+D======+D======+D (time between discharge=8)
H=======H=======H=======H=======H=======H (time between hits=8)

Too slow, Mjolner is waiting for the next hit, the slower you are the more time you waste.

APS higher than 7.576 (shorter wait between hits):
C======CCCCCC======CCCCCC======CCCCCC======CCCCCC
D=====++++++D=====++++++D=====++++++D=====++++++D (time between discharge=12)
H=====H=====H=====H=====H=====H=====H=====H=====H (time between hits=6)

The 2nd attack lands before Mjolner is ready, only the 3rd attack will hit when Mjolner is ready, Mjolner is waiting with for almost 1/2 the time with the cooldown ready. Almost 50% LESS DPS.

Spoiler
It took for ever to find letters and characters to make this diagram align correctly in plain text O_O
Dernière édition par Therrinian, le 19 août 2019 11:11:45
"
Therrinian a écrit :
"
ryster a écrit :
Hey guys. Didn't manage to start Legion this league to decided to start clearing up my stardard characters and stash tabs!!

I've consolidated 4 seperate temperate leagues worth of Mjolner Jugg gear onto one character, I think I've chosen the strongest gear but I'm left with two choices.
1. use the Flow Unthered and an APS jewel to reach 9.01 APS with cyclone with 5.6k life

Does the extra endurance charge outdps the increased APS, both setups are single spell Discharge, I'm used CODT Wave of Conviction and a 6 linked King's with curse on hit ele weakness

Do not do this.

Get to 7.5 APS and don't go higher. you should really already understand why, but if you don't go to page 1 of this guide and read the 'About target APS for Cyclone' spoiler.

TL;DR:
Endurance charge belt is better, but still lower APS to 7.5, anything higher is destroying your DPS.

Thanks very much for the feedback, ive read the guide about APS and have spent all day making changes.
Dropped my APS to 6.06 in game after Jugg buff, POB says 6.07 , i can lower this again by finding a lower quality culling strike next time im online.
Removed cool down reduction from Flow Untethered and Added a +1 endurance charge belt.
Switched to two spell Mjolner Discharge and Wave of Conviction, which hopefuly now lines up with the 6APS I am aiming for.

just need to add a sapphire flask and some sort of CoDT setup to repentance

Almost done!
https://pastebin.com/WX6wb5xW

thanks again :)

"
ryster a écrit :
Spoiler
"
Therrinian a écrit :
"
ryster a écrit :

Do not do this.

TL;DR:

Thanks very much for the feedback, ive read the guide about APS and have spent all day making changes.
Dropped my APS to 6.06 in game after Jugg buff, POB says 6.07 , i can lower this again by finding a lower quality culling strike next time im online.
Removed cool down reduction from Flow Untethered and Added a +1 endurance charge belt.
Switched to two spell Mjolner Discharge and Wave of Conviction, which hopefuly now lines up with the 6APS I am aiming for.

just need to add a sapphire flask and some sort of CoDT setup to repentance

Almost done!
https://pastebin.com/WX6wb5xW

thanks again :)

6.06 APS is ideal for standard cooldown recovery.
7.57 APS is ideal if you have at least 14% increased cooldown recovery.
You can get the stat on a shaper belt. Its probably the best option.
However the +1 endurance charge on belt is a legacy corruption, so it might be hard to get on a shaper belt or flow untethered for best results.
Hi,

First of all, Thanks for the cool build!

So I try to use Blood Rage dan limit the cyclone aps around 7.45-7.5 (POB confirm the cyclone attack rate 7.45, and at HO with Blood Rage active the aps is around 7.3, which i believe because EO is not active)
But sometimes in fight I notice, because of frenzy charges, the aps can jump to 7.75.

Is it normal or should I lower it more?
"
mi318s a écrit :
Hi,

First of all, Thanks for the cool build!

So I try to use Blood Rage dan limit the cyclone aps around 7.45-7.5 (POB confirm the cyclone attack rate 7.45, and at HO with Blood Rage active the aps is around 7.3, which i believe because EO is not active)
But sometimes in fight I notice, because of frenzy charges, the aps can jump to 7.75.

Is it normal or should I lower it more?

Every so often your blood rage generates an extra frenzy charge, which gives 4% attack speed but since you discharge so often its not really a problem. Its only there for 0.123 sec and it effectively never happens on bosses or rares, which is where you need the damage the most.

Don't worry about it, it has no noteworthy impact on DPS.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires