To person who changed poe.lab's site layout

"
M0rO a écrit :
its seriously lazy no matter how you slice that cake. i mean seriously. it is literally 3 clicks. if you cant survive 3 clicks like that guy who says "its not going to happen" then you are pretty sad.

Finding the correct layout used to be super convenient (poelab.com/difficulty, done, don't even need to look at the rest of the site, flawless 10/10), now it's entirely not convenient (go to poelab, find the right link, click it). I find it's perfectly reasonable to be a bit miffed about that.
"
M0rO a écrit :
"
Nicholas_Steel a écrit :
"
silumit a écrit :
the one and only reason for using poelab iswas that you could type "poelab.com/%difflevel%" and be done with it in one go. Now you have to click-click-click through shit(the same with reddit search linked above). Not gonna happen, sorry.
Presumably the variables never changed so you could book mark the URL and it would always take you to the latest version of the map/layout.

its seriously lazy no matter how you slice that cake. i mean seriously. it is literally 3 clicks. if you cant survive 3 clicks like that guy who says "its not going to happen" then you are pretty sad.
So because it is still convenient (with reduced ease of use), it should not be subject to criticisms?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
The lab layout menu at the top should be a dropdown that links directly to the jpg.

One click.
HAIL SATAN!
Why doesn't GGG just mark out the correct route on the in game minimap?

If players are expected to follow a daily static instance on a 3rd party site, why all the secrecy?
"
tramshed a écrit :
The lab layout menu at the top should be a dropdown that links directly to the jpg.

One click.

Why not just add it to the in game top view map?
To be honest, I really could care less about the layout. There's exactly 3 pieces of information I need whenever I actually go to look up what the current Lab layout is for the difficulty in question: How long it is, how many Golden doors I'm stuck dealing with, and what are the two 'buffs' Izaro going to have.

Reason: It's annoyance mitigation. The longer the Lab is, and the more I have to backtrack to do it (Golden Doors mean a side-quest to fetch a key, through another stretch of extra trap tedium), the more likely I am to skip it because it's not worth the effort of all the crap I'll have to do to get there. And the more annoying the buffs Izaro is likely to get (Conduits, Idols, and Charge Disruptors are my top three 'Eat a bowl of dong, No' buffs just because of how much extra juggling you have to do), the less likely I am to bother as well.

I find the entire mess an albatross I'm already tired of wearing, and a tedious cluster of unfun tripe that adding additional annoyances on top of it is incredibly far beneath my time. I'd rather waste it on something I'd find actually profitable for my time-and-frustration, like farming Dried Lake or maps.

At least then I have tangible progress towards something worthwhile. The lab rewards don't change depending on how long or obnoxious it is, after all. Why bother when I know it's going to just make me salty?

S'why I bothered with poelab in the first place - it was a convenient way to get a quick look at what I was getting myself into, before bothering to run it myself. It allowed me the luxury of choosing whether I felt like wasting my time, as opposed to going in and hoping I wouldn't run into dumb crap. The recent changes drastically reduced that convenience, and thus I threw my two cents into the 'Feedback' bin on the issue. Seems other people agreed, and that affects their site traffic; If that drops off enough, why bother continuing to maintain the site at all? It's also beneficial to them to understand what and why those dropoffs occured in the first place, preferably before it becomes a real issue.

No idea if it will or not, but if I were a developer that's data I'd rather have when I can actually look into doing something about it. Even if it's only on a third-party fansite.
The thing about 3rd party sites, is someone else will build a new one and capitalize on the poe.lab guys' mistake.

Might have happened already. Who knows?

Spoiler
reddit knows

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires