Horrible fps drops both in town and out of town.

Running the game in Windows XP compatability mode resolved the problem for me, but guess what? they "fixed" the issue with XP so now we're stuck with background loading.

Which means the game is officially unplayable again. Never ending FPS spikes.

Why couldn't they just leave the XP option open to those of us who have issues with their new loading system?

It could be because many people like me that have Win7 are still having similar problems. I hope they fix the new loading system(if the lag is even caused by it) for everyone and add an option to turn on the old system for people that just can't play with the new one.
I was playing fine the first couple hours of Prophecy (Win10 old rig) first thing I tried was to open a strongbox with an Exile on it and other things that usually lag from them and I had no lag which is great, I still don't have any serious amount of lag outside of towns and I'm happy to finally open strongboxes without fear of dying to lag, just the usual understandable amount of lag considering my rig but nothing to complain about, however it's impossible to be inside of towns, even if I wait a while before even trying to move to let it load it still sometimes crashes and takes me back to the login screen, the main issue for me it's inside towns, I've lost progress through the campaign due to losing instances/portals (mainly portals while going through the campaign) because of the in town crashes.

I've had to wait for waypoints instead of using portals just so I can go directly to my hideout to avoid town crashes, hideout still shows some fps drops but haven't actually crashed on it.
In case someone is still following this thread and is not on reddit frequently:

"
Chris a écrit :
We have various improvements coming that should be ready in the near future.
I am deploying a patch that will probably fix the sound issues, literally 30 seconds from now.
We are likely to provide a turn "asynchronous preloading off" flag in the next few days that people can test with to see if it helps their issues.
Several people are working on reproducing and resolving performance issues. I will provide more updates as progress is made!
Edit: I should add that for an overwhelming majority of users, performance has been increased. I understand it's frustrating to read that if you're now having problems, but we will fix those! It's not acceptable unless it's good for everyone.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4mq351/terrible_performance_this_patch/d3xn1wh

So it is likely we will get an option to turn background loading off for testing in the next days.
IGN: GosuSumm OR GosuSan
Dernière édition par GosuSan, le 6 juin 2016 14:12:44
And another chunk of Info from reddit, maybe it helps:

"
I used "--nopreload" as a command line argument.
What it does (copied form wikia): Do not preload art assets on startup. This feature decreases game loading time to just few seconds but makes art assets being loaded when they are actually used in the game which causes lags.
Before 2.3 this made my game lag more, but now this fixed it. It made the load times longer again, but no lag... Im using a SSD with Windows and PoE installed on it.
Source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Launch_options

Source: /u/SajMoon85 at https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4n29tj/how_i_fixed_my_fps_problems_in_poe_v23/
IGN: GosuSumm OR GosuSan

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires