Horrible fps drops both in town and out of town.

"
Elhazzared a écrit :
It's the background loading that did this and I knew it would do this. Background loading is the worst thing that was ever invented and I don't even understand how GGG thought even for a fraction of a second this would be good and would reduce lag.

It is more than obvious that if your PC is working hard on loading lots of things while you play rahter than have it all preloaded as it was before, lag and stutering is only going to intensify.

Perhaps it's time to get a multi-core processor and join the rest of us in the future? :) On demand, just-in-time asset loading is not someting new, lot of games and game engines have used it for a while. The trick is to implement it right - something GGG has yet to figure out how.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
I'm running Windows 8.1 on recent hardware, and I'm still seeing extremely choppy gameplay that I was not seeing in 2.2. Seems to be the pre-loading of assets causing the issue.
The Endless Retch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655814
Same here. Had no problem in 2.2 and before. Now its unplayable for me. The worst thing is that i bought in the end of the Perandus league armour set MTX and now i cant even use it because of low FPS caused by new preloading.
So i think we need an "Turn-off-preloading-system" option.
IGN: Fessolin
Dernière édition par Fessolin, le 4 juin 2016 13:47:34
Same problems here. 2.2 ver worked fine for me and 2.3 is unplayable because of terrible performance...
New patch that mentions proloading issues and...

Nope, doesn't allow manual disabling of crappy new system. :( Instead just tries to make it compatible with windows XP, which probably means it got reenabled for them and so is probably crashing them again.

Please, please please let us manually disable the new function!
I'm having similar performance issues, alongside the sound stuttering that also occurs frequently.

2.3.0c patch merc aqueducts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTSE0muf9Ik

2.2 all mods flashback cowards trial: https://youtu.be/NbuffGg4xFY?t=100 (no vsync)
fps difference is huge.

you can hear the sound stuttering right at the end vs. big turkey dude. i've found it happens a lot around sea witches.
"
Elhazzared a écrit :
It's the background loading that did this and I knew it would do this. Background loading is the worst thing that was ever invented and I don't even understand how GGG thought even for a fraction of a second this would be good and would reduce lag.

It is more than obvious that if your PC is working hard on loading lots of things while you play rahter than have it all preloaded as it was before, lag and stuttering is only going to intensify.

Racing games, First Person and 3rd person shooter/adventure games etc. all load stuff on an as needed basis like POE currently does... sure POE's current implementation could do with some more optimizing to lessen the FPS impact but it isn't exactly brand new technology they've implemented that hasn't been seen elsewhere in the gaming universe.

I suspect the impact will be drastically reduced once the 64bit version of the game is released next year as everything could theoretically be loaded in to RAM in that version of the game.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Dernière édition par Nicholas_Steel, le 5 juin 2016 10:14:42
Also, I am starting to get the impression that it's not really the background asset loading that's causing the fps drops. I have just played perhaps an hour in permanent hardcore league, running through random maps and act zones, and I hardly got any drops. I've seen few others elsewhere in the forums saying the same.

It could be Prophecy-specific code checking for prophecy-related stuff too often, too aggressively, or in an incorrect thread.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
IMPORTANT:

I have been trying for the past 2 days all kinds of fixes from reinstalling the game, changing all the possible graphics options, defragging my HDD and running the game on windows XP compatibility mode, but nothing works.

What actually is really strange is that the game has 2 times just randomly started working normally and then after some time(2 hours or so) the fps hell comes back out of nowhere making the game unplayable. The times when the game worked haven't even been after I tried to "fix" something, the game has just started working fine after a random startup.

This makes me think that the problem is not even related to the new loading system, but to something else. If the new loading system was at fault I shouldn't be randomly able to play the game for 2 hours at +100 fps without any problems just to have it randomly go back to unplayable in middle of a zone.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires