Horrible fps drops both in town and out of town.

Also killing lag spikes. On the plus side, it doesn't affect the permanent league. But sadly this means I don't get to play Prophecy. :( The worst part about the lag is that it kicks up whenever there are a lot of enemies, particularly as they get hit/killed. Which means that the game locks up -right- in time for a horde, every time. Makes the game largely unplayable and HC -totally- unplayable. Doesn't matter how good your char is if you have a 5 second lock up as the horde descends, you die.

Might be a useful bit of data about what is causing the issue.

1: It's only on Prophecy, it doesn't impact standard at all
2: It's mainly older rigs being affected from the look of things(My rig is new, but I'm playing in Wine on a Mac, so yeah...)
3: It kicks up in response to large numbers of entities. Firing multiple projectiles at multiple enemies seems to be the worst.
I had an unexpected disconnection only by the fact I invoke my golem inside my HO XD
It gets better and better...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Never mind it happens on regular too. Happily the hot patch looks like it will disable the background preloading for some. Says specifically for Windows XP(and in a snarky way) but hopefully will allow use to manually disable it, since I don't know that it's only XP users, and I have no idea if it would disable on mine otherwise(running on Wine).
I doubt it's winxp (and therefore affecting most of Wine users like me) compatibility. If that was the case, portalling to town and immediately back wouldn't fix the frame drops - which it does. And the loading time when going TO the town is always longer than usual. Then it's a quick loading screen back, and I'm back at smooth 60+ FPS, using same skills against same enemies as before.

Sometimes, even portalling to town and back does not help. At that point, I just restart PoE entirely, and I'm getting smooth gameplay for maybe 20 minutes before the frame drops return.

I suspect that the new asset loading system is not cleaning up the memory properly after e.g. changing to another area, or something like that.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
hi. it has nothing to do with windows xp or a server.
I didn't change anything between the game versions and i have a good rig. it is definetly that new dynamic **** sideloading. never had a problem with poe, but now i can't play this game because of that.
i am in the "crematorium" and it is horrible to play right now. i have heavy fps drops with micro screen freezes!. checked taskmanager and any possible update routines... no background services running

IS THERE ANY information from GGG about that issue?

my rig:
i7 sandybridge
quadchannel 16GB
gtx680 (4gb jetstream)
Samsung 850Evo SSD (installed on that!)

my fps ingame 35~60 WTF + micro freezes
Same Problem here, played PoE for about 3 years now (with wine on Linux) but now it's just completely unplayable. I was so hyped about Prophecy but this just kills it for me.

Please GGG, investigate and fix this! Or just give us an option to revert to the previous loading system, as you did for WinXP-Users.
IGN: GosuSumm OR GosuSan
I found out that it actually doesn't matter whether I set wine to present itself as winxp or win7, the fps drops are there no matter what - only in win7 mode, I get lot of errors and warnings from FMOD (I'm assuming that's the sound engine they started using). But overall performance is the same.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
mruuh a écrit :
I found out that it actually doesn't matter whether I set wine to present itself as winxp or win7, the fps drops are there no matter what - only in win7 mode, I get lot of errors and warnings from FMOD (I'm assuming that's the sound engine they started using). But overall performance is the same.

That S**ks! I was about to test that, but good to know, thanks for sharing. Just for my information, what wine version do you use? I use 1.9.5-staging,

I'll give it a try without CSMT enabled, but I don't think that'll make any difference.
^ didn't work.
IGN: GosuSumm OR GosuSan
Dernière édition par GosuSan, le 4 juin 2016 10:38:50
Can confirm, the patch didn't solve the problem. Would -really- love if they let us manually turn off the new system. I really like this game, but it's become largely unplayable.
It's the background loading that did this and I knew it would do this. Background loading is the worst thing that was ever invented and I don't even understand how GGG thought even for a fraction of a second this would be good and would reduce lag.

It is more than obvious that if your PC is working hard on loading lots of things while you play rahter than have it all preloaded as it was before, lag and stutering is only going to intensify.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires