Horrible fps drops both in town and out of town.

Game is unplayable atm, normally i have steady +60 fps, but now it jumps to 0-5fps all the time. Can't even get past coast because I almost die to the lag.

http://imgur.com/r1RMrlV (sorry for bad cropping)

Bug report reference number: 1 841 885 139
Dernier bump le 8 juin 2016 01:22:32
Ce fil de discussion a été automatiquement archivé. Les réponses ont été désactivées.
same thing. it cuz a new "background loading" system. and this is terrible. can not play now.
IGN: Fessolin
Same problem here. FPS spikes from 5-120 over and over.

Been playing for YEARS and have never had this problem before.

Hopefully we hear something from GGG soon.
Hey guys, I was having this exact same problem and fixed it.
I run a dual core Intel G3258 + GTX 650 + normal HDD which normally handle the game just fine even though they are a little old.

After the patch I was getting crazy fps lag spikes, totally unplayable. I initially thought it was because of the new background loading system so I fired up the Task Manager and POE to track my HDD workload and I accidentally saw that my CPU workload was at 50%+ without POE running.

Turns out that the svchost.exe process that hosts windows update was running and this is apparently a problem that a lot of other people have, unrelated to POE.

Open Start > Type in Services > Right Click on Windows Update > Disable > Right Click on it > Properties > Disable on startup.

That is what worked for me, moral of the story is double check that you don't have any other process hogging your CPU/GPU/Disk.
IGN: Ttngi
 It's very obvious that the game hosting company can't handle the load of the new league in Dallas Realm and this is killing playability right now. My modest gaming rig with an MSI Hawk 6870 worked well in all previous temp leagues including Perandus with chest guardians but Prophecy is a pain to play right now so I had to quit. Seems like with each new league GGG is adding more weight onto their weak game engine and performance is steadily dropping. Steam Charts is showing 26111 players which is less than start of Perandus at 37266 and times 3 to get closer to the actual players that is about 78K to 80K players as of 8:30pm EST on June 3rd. These totals should not cause this much stuttering and lag spikes but maybe it's not the fiber bandwidth that is the bottleneck but the server side simulation code load and how many threads GGG is trying to run per cpu core that is the fault. Whatever the reason it's making it difficult and impossible to continue playing (SIGH!).   :(
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous a écrit :
 It's very obvious that the game hosting company can't handle the load of the new league in Dallas Realm and this is killing playability right now. My modest gaming rig with an MSI Hawk 6870 worked well in all previous temp leagues including Perandus with chest guardians but Prophecy is a pain to play right now so I had to quit. Seems like with each new league GGG is adding more weight onto their weak game engine and performance is steadily dropping. Steam Charts is showing 26111 players which is less than start of Perandus at 37266 and times 3 to get closer to the actual players that is about 78K to 80K players as of 8:30pm EST on June 3rd. These totals should not cause this much stuttering and lag spikes but maybe it's not the fiber bandwidth that is the bottleneck but the server side simulation code load and how many threads GGG is trying to run per cpu core that is the fault. Whatever the reason it's making it difficult and impossible to continue playing (SIGH!).   :(

I don't think it's the server, I think it's their new "Dynamic loading" system.

I really hope they include an OPTION for those of us with lesser gaming rigs to choose the OLD way of loading.

I'd rather sit through a long loading screen then not be able to play at all.
I switched to the DC Realm, played a Tier 6 Strand map with Nemesis mod, and it played very smoothly. I'm in SW Florida so either realm is usable. Normally the Dallas realm works best (lowest latency) but right now the DC realm is noticeably better with much smoother play (fewer FPS drops) and fewer latency spikes. Maybe Phox and Zenocide are hogging the Dallas realm server cpu processing (LoL). Maybe too many Twitch watchers of them playing Prophecy?  :)

My souped up CPU, a 3.8 Ghz Intel i5-660 has always played PoE very well and cpu load is always nice and low. Out of 8 GB total ram Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and standard stuff like Eset AV, Hotkey, web browser, I'm using 76% of total memory but that's pretty normal. I can't see how anyone could ever play PoE on 32-bit Windows and 3 GB total.

Edit: ran back up the Strand beach and at 58% move speed it was smooth scrolling past all dead mobs so DC realm is better for me now. That may change when I switch from 90 Mb FPL-Fibernet Internet link to 200 Mb Centurylink fiber sometime this weekend (If the damn BGP routing bugs can be worked out) but for now I'm ok using DC realm.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Dernière édition par Arrowneous, le 3 juin 2016 21:54:53
Glad it worked out for you but there are still many of us who have been left out in the cold.
With the Prophesy release I have noticed very large shudders as it tries to load in assets, both in town and out. It feels like the lock boxes all over again, just worse. Sometimes you'll get back to back studdering for a minute or so, sometimes it just locks up for a good 5 seconds or so.

While I do love that fact the game loads instantly now, this is a very unfortunately side effect.
I don't mind occasional, fraction of a second studders, but when it locks up for 5 or more seconds, that's going to get characters killed.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires