Let's talk about PvP

"
i8037 a écrit :
"
xReo a écrit :

For me, the introduction of more PvP elements into PoE is disappointing. It's a totally unnecessary, forced directive for the game and I find myself unsettled about the future of PoE and my interest in it.

Thank God GGG are focusing on PVP so the 3 or 4 people who enjoys it can play.

This is a shallow viewpoint by those who have not grown enough to understand that not everyone has to enjoy PoE the same way you do. Nor GGG has to make improvements towards your liking.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
PoE is a dungeon crawler. So PvP should never be the focus. As a tagged on to the main PvE is OK. Glad this is addressed and can't wait for Act IV.
"
Makenx a écrit :
PoE is a dungeon crawler. So PvP should never be the focus. As a tagged on to the main PvE is OK. Glad this is addressed and can't wait for Act IV.

Unlike D2 where FFA loot and the PvP hostility button exist, there PvE and PvP live side by side.

If I had just read about PoE today I would never even bother trying it let alone support it with $1000's competitive elements belong in ARPGS! PvE is fine, but gets boring - players need freedom to be good or evil, nice or not. (not just structured 'opt-in' PvP)

With PA loot, everyone is the same. Every player could be a bot and it would not make a difference, nobody shares drops, the party experience is utterly impersonal now.
"
Unlike D2 where FFA loot and the PvP hostility button exist, there PvE and PvP live side by side.

If I had just read about PoE today I would never even bother trying it let alone support it with $1000's competitive elements belong in ARPGS! PvE is fine, but gets boring - players need freedom to be good or evil, nice or not. (not just structured 'opt-in' PvP)

In fact for me the PK (player killing) system of D2 was the most motivating part of the game. Any second a PK could have joined your game, set you on hostile and tried to kill you. I liked to try out PvP builds just in case this happened and later I even liked to "PK the PK's" - it was all about being hunted and hunting other players - if you really have to, compare it to the gameplay of contested territory on PvP servers in the early days of WoW - same effect: at every corner there could have been an enemy, you never knew :)

Arena PvP, tournaments, and duels could never ever bring me this kind of long term motivation. And PvE can't either. Just farming for being able to farm better is kinda boring at last.

I would really really love permanently available optional leagues featuring a PK system. I would insta start playing PoE again and probably do so for many years ;)

On the website there is still this description:

"
Cut-throat

The cut-throat leagues appeal to the niche of players who demand the most hardcore gaming experience possible. In this mode, all world areas are public, with full PvP enabled by default. Slain characters drop all their items upon death. This game mode can also be combined with Hardcore to create an even more unforgiving world.

@Devs: Please! :p
~~^v^~~
Dernière édition par Sethas82, le 11 mars 2015 15:47:01
I haven't played in months and I'm an old closed-beta player. The thing we wanted always was cut-throat open pvp.

Structured pvp and turning this into a MOBA won't ever work, wrong genre and approach with all the RNG and poor network code (I don't think you have fixed or ever will fix the netcode of the game, maybe on PoE2 so).

Anyway I hope someday this will be implemented and w emay have some fun non-consensual pvp in the form of CT leagues, but that would have to go in-hand with appropriate item generation/crafting etc. (things were getting slowly better on that front too, have to read more about current state of the game and the incoming expansion to see how it's now though).

EDIT: I actually read now that they have re-written the netcode, that's very good news. Glad you got up to it GGG! :)
Dernière édition par knac84, le 22 avr. 2015 12:18:59
Dear Chris, what I'm gong to tell you is quite simple: if I were a PvP player I would be playing lol or dota instead of this game. I play this game because I like PvE and not PvP. That's why I consider that introducing Leo and forcing us to do PvP to get his bench is quite annoying, and I hope you introduce a way to get it that does not involve playing PvP.
Evry time a want to play a match i wait for like 1 minute and it finds noone then i continieu tokill some mobs.
Personally, I want nothing to do with PvP. You will never see me set foot in a cutthroat league or any other kind of PvP setting.

I think that mutual consent is important for PvP. I have no objection to those who enjoy PvP having at it with others who freely decide to engage in PvP.

I'd like it best if no significant part of the game is "gated" behind a requirement to engage in PvP.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
I would just be happy to join the que for the daily and actually get a match. I have yet to do this before I get bored and log off.
Trying to PVP as an aura-based character is downright retarded. Please give us a macro to apply all our auras with 1 click. You can't even apply all your auras before you get killed. Why the fuck even bother?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires