Let's talk about PvP

After reading all the replies. I would like to say.

1. Block was getting nerfed anyway. It was way to easy to cap. Its supposed to be a supplemental defense. Not the only defense. Because it happened the same time as pvp people think its pvp's fault. In that case then the broken ghosts are pvp's fault too.

2. Yes it sucks to get one shotted 5 rounds in a row, by gg gear. Path of Exile is a gear based game. You get gear by playing the game. So go play the game and get some gear. I do not have GG gear just Ok to good (I have spent about 5 exalts)I win half to 2/3 of my matches and have a blast. If I want to sit on top the ladder and finish top 20 every tournement I need better gear. Maybe someday i will? Until the I will continue to have fun.
As much as getting wrecked by gg gear sucks. It doesnt happen every match. I have had counless matches where i was evenly or almost evenly matched. Then it is so fun! Pulling out a win when you should have lost thats GG.

God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
glad to hear some mention of the act 4 stuff, at least
"
Structured pvp will never work in this type of game, if you want pvp to be fun and active for the majority D2 model is the best, with the join public party and same instance, and declare hostility chaos and unpredictability. That forced me into pvp in a good way in d2, being hunted or the hunter, this structured, organized crap with rules and damage scaling turns so many casuals off pvp

D2 had massive, and closely monitored damage scaling.
Im super surprised people fall for this bullshit. We all know what kind of human resources GGG has available to them. They definitely should not be capable of sparing people. Anyone noticed how SotV and FM expansions were called "small", while on their release they were super overhyped?

And how is this not affecting the core PvE game? Low lvl uniques clutter the pool. More than half my unique drops were the new shit that I immediately turned into alch shards. They're absolutely useless. Not sure what other immediate effect I can see but I'm sure there are some, maybe PvP-usable item prices will rise above what their real value would be if this shit was not in the game? I'm ready to find EVERY fault in it.

GGG never needed damage control. Now they do, and boy, Chris, you need a LOT of practice at it. Maybe you should look back towards becoming that company that did not need damage control again.

Spoiler
"
GreenDude a écrit :
I am extremely happy Chris wrote this. I hope this post will satisfy everyone and put the negativity to rest.

Kindly EFF you for doing this to the game. I lay most of the blame on your feet, not on GGG. Please go cry about and ruin another game.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Dernière édition par PrimordialDarkness, le 8 janv. 2015 21:06:07
"
PrimordialDarkness a écrit :
Im super surprised people fall for this bullshit. We all know what kind of human resources GGG has available to them. They definitely should not be capable of sparing people. Anyone noticed how SotV and FM expansions were called "small", while on their release they were super overhyped?

And how is this not affecting the core PvE game? Low lvl uniques clutter the pool. More than half my unique drops were the new shit that I immediately turned into alch shards. They're absolutely useless. Not sure what other immediate effect I can see but I'm sure there are some, maybe PvP-usable item prices will rise above what their real value would be if this shit was not in the game? I'm ready to find EVERY fault in it.

GGG never needed damage control. Now they do, and boy, Chris, you need a LOT of practice at it. Maybe you should look back towards becoming that company that did not need damage control again.

Spoiler
"
GreenDude a écrit :
I am extremely happy Chris wrote this. I hope this post will satisfy everyone and put the negativity to rest.

Kindly EFF you for doing this to the game. I lay most of the blame on your feet, not on GGG. Please go cry about and ruin another game.

I logged in just now for one thing and one thing only - to tell YOU to f*** off. Greendude is fine. Chris is great. You, on the other hand, are one I'd like to see not spared.

PvP has its faults and making GGG aware of them is important. But it's sad to see such venom in response to a post which showcases a level of responsiveness which I've yet to see any other gaming company show - both in terms of words AND deeds. No other game has such quick patches made to it, such frequent expansions or....such prompt and helpful customer support when e-mailed. And no other gaming company so quickly posts a response to criticisms when they arise - Chris just posted TWO news stories in ONE day (one of them decently long too) just cos of the whiners.

Greendude, meanwhile, took time off from his life and flew all the way down to Auckland to spend time with GGG to help them make this expansion. Also note that this level of player-input-taking (actually getting a player into the studio to advise on a project) is also a rarity in the gaming industry (in fact, in pretty much ANY industry).

As for GGG's HR availability, notice that the news posts are being done by CHRIS WILSON a.k.a the bloody head honcho of the company! Not some lackey of his. Not his secretary. Himself. He's also the one who attends the State of Exile podcasts and also one of the staff who meets with players whenever meetups are arranged. Or I suppose you think that's his only job? That he doesn't have any other role? Then note that his designation at the company is as "Producer" AND "Lead Designer". Go look up the definitions of those words in the dictionary.

And yes, of course the expansions were hyped. They were expansions, after all. What did you expect them to do - just sit back and announce them like any other patch? Meanwhile, low-level uniques were plentiful even before this PvP boost. Most of the new uniques aren't even PvP-focused. You not liking them is your problem. Guess what? D2 and pretty much every other arpg also has plenty of so-called "useless" uniques. The fact that PoE has so MANY uniques in the first place is itself a testament to how much content GGG has added to it so far.

So basically, please try to appreciate what you've got for once in your f****** life.
TLDR

pvp is shit will be shit always be shit

especially High lvl pvp

efforts are appreciated though

organized pvp was never really... that fun

i mean the whole hostile system was really fun imo finding a party hunting them down kill / be killed

this whole organized pvp crap in a mouse click game seems meh...
Dernière édition par Pepock, le 9 janv. 2015 00:43:56
Hope to see more hld in the future :-)
Great work on the game keep it up!
It is a little bit sad You even have to post this because People get upset about 'wrong' News or their strange Feeling You are putting Effort at the 'wrong' Place.

I'm not good at PvP & it's just a Side Aspect of PoE for me, but I love what You did there & that there is a PvP-Community. All in all it has nothing to do with my Trust that the Focus is PvE & now Act4, there is no Reason to think so as I am concerned.

Good Explanations & Communication, keep it up :)
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
"
xReo a écrit :

For me, the introduction of more PvP elements into PoE is disappointing. It's a totally unnecessary, forced directive for the game and I find myself unsettled about the future of PoE and my interest in it.

And that may be true for you. But there have been people clamoring for a better PvP system in PoE since closed beta. Thankfully GGG doesn't only consider your opinions, or this would be an absolutely crappy game.
That's some serious equanimity right there, folks.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires