Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

how can you build your element reist when you use wise oak?. I get a bit of confused here and actually i dont like wise oak so much

I have question, I'v rolled herald of thunder lvl 22 on ring, should I use it + clarity or leave clear mind?

Also what I should upgrade next? I'm trying to craft now new dagger but what else I could do to improve this build? I would appreciate help.
"

Also what I should upgrade next? I'm trying to craft now new dagger but what else I could do to improve this build? I would appreciate help.

herald of thunder is like 5% more DPS, not worth reserved mana really
"
ratmanaus a écrit :
"
blg_RealiZe a écrit :
"
ratmanaus a écrit :
Hi all,
I have a watchers eye with mana leech which is great. I have dropped leech for culling strike.
So setup is Storm brand, Culling, Duration, Arcane surge
Is it worth replacing either Duration support or Arcane surge with Onslaught?
Thanks

probably yes, onslaught feels better
The other option I'm testing right now is "increased critical strikes support" so you proc your elemental overload almost instantly every time you put your brand on a boss, it helps with initial burst damage. Feels quite good actually

Thanks for the quick response. Is it better to replace duration (my guess) or Arcane Surge?

I'm also looking to understand this. Please advise which would be best to replace for onslaught? (Arcane surge or duration? )
"
illuminate89 a écrit :

I'm also looking to understand this. Please advise which would be best to replace for onslaught? (Arcane surge or duration? )

probably surge, but you can try everything. Just make white sockets on your item with syndicate (vorici reasearch), it's not hard really
Spoiler
"
"
Chrisss0r a écrit :
Might I bother someone to explain to me in very basic terms why hypothermia is a good choice? I just plugged it in and it seems like I am zapping much better now but I do not understand why.

And since Enki offered to go through some questions:

Is Impresence + conductivity a terrible or good idea?

"

I know that some people jump straight to the PoB without ever reading the guide, which often leads to failure and is then blamed on the build. Don't be that person!
I've invested lots of time into this guide and find it very rude when people just disregard that
and ask about things that are already well explained. This unfortunately keeps happening.
"

Beacon of Ruin (Merciless): Gives our shocks a minimum damage increase of 20% and enables us to chill with any cold damage by atleast 10%, which both get multiplied by their respective ailment effect modifiers. To reach the maximum 50% shock damage increase we need 150% shock effect, with less you can calculate your final shock damage increase with this formula:
damage * (1 + (0.2 * (1 + shock effect))) = final damage
"

Hypothermia is another damage increase that's not represented in our tooltip. It gives a huge more multiplier against chilled enemies while also buffing the effect and duration of our chills.
To reliably make use of this, we need Beacon of Ruin and atleast 1 cold damage dealt with Arc, which we can gain through gear or jewels. Due to that, it's our 6th link choice.

As to your second question, it is viable so long as you have a source granting a 2nd curse. Otherwise your curses will override themselves. Look at my tree for an optional path to a second curse.

Thx! I read the hypothermia explanation but didn't realize the interaction with beacon of ruin!
"
Arkaon a écrit :
Well,

I am hitting a wall and not really able to progress much further. If someone would be so kind as to take a look and let me know what I should be focusing on next for upgrades.

Also, I have noticed that Onslaught hasn't been triggering, so I am wondering if something is amiss?

I'd replace every jewel in your passive tree and in your Stygian Vise except for Watcher's Eye, they each have only one or two badly rolled affixes that are useful for us. If you don't have any, pick up some item level 75-ish Hypnotic Eye Jewels, transmute them and then spam alteration/augmentation orbs until you get >30 life and one other useful affix on them (either >15 average lightning damage to spells (while dual wielding), >8% effect of shock, >5% hinder, cast speed and cold damage to spells (while dual wielding) are good choices) and regal them hoping for a third one. I've found that I get one jewel with 3 useful affixes for around every 400 alteration and every 10 regal I spend on average, which is still much cheaper than the average price those jewels go for. You'll gain a lot of life and quite a bit of damage this way. If you still need more life, unspeccing Celestial Judgment and grabbing the 2-point jewel socket below Pain Attunement lets you get around the same amount of damage boost from a good Hypnotic Eye jewel while also giving you life.

It's also not worth relying on jewels to cap resistances, those defensive affixes are much less powerful than the offensive ones you can get, and resistances come much cheaper on wearable gear. Also, having no resistances on your jewels will make it much easier to go for the perfect resistance setup for Wise Oak in the long run.

You didn't mention what you're struggling with while progressing, but if it's low life/mana values, here's a couple of things you can check:
- make sure your unreserved mana is at least 40% of your max life. You can replace the enchant on your left ring and your amulet with +34-40 life and mana if you need more.
- your Clarity seems way too high level for the amount of mana I see on your gear, and since you have your Watcher's Eye, I'd just ditch that skill and rearrange your gem setup a bit with the freedom the open slot allows you (for example, you could move WB/Faster Attacks/Fortify over to your Cerberus Limb, Flame Dash/Enfeeble/CwDT to your off-hand and move the minion/totem gems to your helmet, which allows you to add a support gem to those (Minion Life if your golems die frequently, Minion/Totem Elemental Resistance if your Decoy Totem doesn't last long enough)
- if you've gotten rid of Clarity, you can get a Clear Mind jewel for a nice boost in damage while also benefitting mana regen

Try to get the required dexterity for your gems from gear without relying on the +30 dex notable in the passive tree. Your left ring and your boots could both be upgraded quite cheaply to have more dex on them. Try also looking for boots with better stats but no movement speed and an open prefix, you can now craft decent movement speed affixes on the crafting bench (I especially like the MS+chill immunity one but MS+Onslaught on hit is also a popular choice) and those tend to come a lot cheaper (old seller habits die hard I guess). If you have to use passives to meet dex requirements, unspec the +30 dex node and the mana/jewel nodes near Scion start and grab Precison and the jewel node east of the Celestial Judgment/Punishment cluster. You use the same amount of passive points but get more attack and cast speed to boost your damage and improve maneuverability with WB.

You need quality on almost all your flasks, it will help with heal/sec and uptime quite a bit. The "Ample" prefix on the Basalt flask is only useful if it's a perfect 20 like on your Sulphur flask, otherwise you only get one use during some bossfights. Try rerolling it to Ample/20 or Chemist's with 23% or more.

Your offhand is quite weak, you should have at least 3 of the 4 following affixes on it (not counting the implicit): Lightning Damage, Cast Speed, Added Lightning Damage to Spells, Spell Damage. You should be able to find one with 2 of those affixes with high values and an open prefix/suffix for the third for around 5 chaos easily, and if you have more to spend, you can grab a 3+open affix variant as well. Optionally, just get another Cerberus Limb or a Doryani's Catalyst.

Quality the following gems to improve their usefulness (in order of importance IMO): Decoy Totem, Faster Attacks support, Hypothermia, Enfeeble, Flame Dash.

Hope I could help!
Dernière édition par sny83, le 28 déc. 2018 06:09:15

Any suggestions for another suffix on the second dagger?
"
Mikeyi a écrit :

Any suggestions for another suffix on the second dagger?

flat lightning damage to spells or 11% extra chaos
I don't understand why did you chose to multicraft that, but whatever
Dernière édition par blg_RealiZe, le 28 déc. 2018 06:43:00
Is there a difference between base shaped dagger ilvl 85 and ilvl 86 ? And should we focus on poignard / Ambusher or another one ?

I saw this question a few post ago but didnt see the answer (maybe i missed it).

Again, thx in advance ^^

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires