[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

I'd have a question about the passive that opens chests. What to drop to get it?

I'm about to hit 99, pretty good in DPS (for SSF), farming alva for the vial to get the coward's legacy, waiting on the coward's trial to show up to craft a +2 amulet, once I get that I'll pivot atlas to Breach to try to push for skin of the lords too, but currently all of that are questions that might not happen because RNG.

My idea was to get the spell block passives which would make it 5 points needed and improve EHP a bit, what would you suggest to drop now, would it be different after getting the rest of the gear?
Dernière édition par darth_suicune, le 18 oct. 2023 08:11:38
"
lonerwnd a écrit :
Hi im trying using your build under "Elder Guardian Boss Rush, Scour and G"
but i seems to die at times not sure whats going wrong, appreciate if you could take a look at my current setup to further build it. Thanks much

https://pobb.in/Xndx70xVtk5H

About survivability:

1. Need way more life. Current amulet and shield does not have a life roll. Rare jewel has no % max life roll. Ring + glove combined is only 65 life.

Just a quick comparison with what I ran for this league:
Amulet - 55 life
Shield - 109 life
Ring - 78 life
Gloves - 100 life
Rare jewel - 7% life roll

Opting for lower life is fine, it just means you must be prepared to dodge or die more.

2. Flasks: Jade flask for evasion. Also need an increased armour suffix roll.

3. Since your chest keystone is "Arrow Dancing", you can run 15% life mastery instead of +50 life.

Let us know how it goes~
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
Swaaps a écrit :
Just a lil update after all the help I got earlier.

I didnt buy a new weapon...

I did however comfortably clear all bosses (Not ubers, but still an accomplishment for me). Tried Uber Sirus, got humiliated, think it had to do with corrupted blood more than anything though.

I completed the atlas and all favoured slots (not big, but still happy)

I reached 2k TOTA and continue winning comfortably.

All in all this build is 10/10 for me, it made previous leagues struggles seem easy. I hope they don't nerf it and that the prices of things balance out next league so I dont have to spend 30 divines on flesh/flame jewls, maybe buy a SoTL with a useful passive etc.

Glad to hear that things went well!

I hope Cold DoT doesn't get nerfed next league too.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
darth_suicune a écrit :
I'd have a question about the passive that opens chests. What to drop to get it?

I'm about to hit 99, pretty good in DPS (for SSF), farming alva for the vial to get the coward's legacy, waiting on the coward's trial to show up to craft a +2 amulet, once I get that I'll pivot atlas to Breach to try to push for skin of the lords too, but currently all of that are questions that might not happen because RNG.

My idea was to get the spell block passives which would make it 5 points needed and improve EHP a bit, what would you suggest to drop now, would it be different after getting the rest of the gear?

Probably Divine Judgement or Acrimony wheel. If you do not need the chaos resistances, you can drop Tolerance wheel, 1-2 SP from Purity of Flesh (and another SP from cold damage on top of Frost Walker if you opted for 1SP from Purity of Flesh). Ultimately you gotta test on POB since it is specific to your character.

You also need to understand what content you are doing because EHP after all is just a numerical estimate on POB. You may wish to consider how much blockable spell damage you are receiving on the content that are you doing as compared to increasing the EHP number on POB.

I am curious, how long did it take to farm A Chilling Wind in SSF?
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 18 oct. 2023 23:26:35
"
LkGGz a écrit :

Probably Divine Judgement or Acrimony wheel. If you do not need the chaos resistances, you can drop Tolerance wheel, 1-2 SP from Purity of Flesh (and another SP from cold damage on top of Frost Walker if you opted for 1SP from Purity of Flesh). Ultimately you gotta test on POB since it is specific to your character.

You also need to understand what content you are doing because EHP after all is just a numerical estimate on POB. You may wish to consider how much blockable spell damage you are receiving on the content that are you doing as compared to increasing the EHP number on POB.

TY, I did play with pob a bit but was wondering in case some of the 2-nodes (Effect duration, aoe) were fine to remove, but at the end of the day they are mostly utility, I think I'd rather lose dps than utility. Also I tend to favor tankiness, I was even thinking on getting the ev mastery that gives 30% bleed/poison reduction, then using 2 tattoos for bleed, 2 for poison, and that way I'm immune to both (would replace lethe shade). I'm most worried about bosses like sirus (easy to a degree, still can die-beam me if I miss one teleport), maven (still can't do the last phase right) or the searing exarch (the other 3 eldritch are easy, the SE just kills me with the rolling ball walls), in general everything else is fine, I die to random stuff like me being careless on baran or my char not wanting to flame dash out of the range of a harvest mob slam (missed input for some reason). It's more like an insurance than anything else, I don't die too often but I do get to like 1 hp quite often at 5.2k hp

Seems like acrimony is more points gained and less damage loss than divine judgement, at least for my current setup, so I think I'm going with that, the dps loss is negligible (like a 1.5-2% total?)

The "A chilling wind" farm was pretty long, but can't put an estimate of maps, didn't keep track. Got it 2 days ago already at 98 (with 300+ deaths total). Spent like maybe 2-3 weeks farming almost exclusively summit, iceberg, frozen cabins, glacier and cold river (i hate this map so much and the boss is either a wet noodle or one-shots me, I think I just learned the mechanics for that), ran out of scarabs a couple times. The last 2 cards dropped within like 3 days. Also ran most of them with influence trying to get the % div card bonuses. I'm not a fast mapper, and had a lot of content enabled, have been doing harvest, some harbinger (this was a mistake, I didn't know how rare the fracturing shards were, changed now to kirac to try to get cowards trial), farming alva on every map I can and running most temples (saved a couple for later), but I used every single div scarab, something like 50?, + map scarab + 2 sac frags on all maps when I had scarabs available
Could you tell me some advantages of going cold dot over something solid like EA ballista?

Secondly, what defenses does this build have? It seems squishy, though the damage seems strong
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
lonerwnd a écrit :
but i seems to die at times not sure whats going wrong, appreciate if you could take a look at my current setup to further build it. Thanks much

About survivability:

1. Need way more life. Current amulet and shield does not have a life roll. Rare jewel has no % max life roll. Ring + glove combined is only 65 life.

Amulet - 55 life
Shield - 109 life
Ring - 78 life
Gloves - 100 life

Opting for lower life is fine, it just means you must be prepared to dodge or die more.

3. Since your chest keystone is "Arrow Dancing", you can run 15% life mastery instead of +50 life.

Let us know how it goes~

Thanks much for the advice

Do i remove Oriath for the flask for evasion or ?
"
darth_suicune a écrit :
"
LkGGz a écrit :

TY, I did play with pob a bit but was wondering in case some of the 2-nodes (Effect duration, aoe) were fine to remove, but at the end of the day they are mostly utility, I think I'd rather lose dps than utility. Also I tend to favor tankiness, I was even thinking on getting the ev mastery that gives 30% bleed/poison reduction, then using 2 tattoos for bleed, 2 for poison, and that way I'm immune to both (would replace lethe shade). I'm most worried about bosses like sirus (easy to a degree, still can die-beam me if I miss one teleport), maven (still can't do the last phase right) or the searing exarch (the other 3 eldritch are easy, the SE just kills me with the rolling ball walls), in general everything else is fine, I die to random stuff like me being careless on baran or my char not wanting to flame dash out of the range of a harvest mob slam (missed input for some reason). It's more like an insurance than anything else, I don't die too often but I do get to like 1 hp quite often at 5.2k hp

Seems like acrimony is more points gained and less damage loss than divine judgement, at least for my current setup, so I think I'm going with that, the dps loss is negligible (like a 1.5-2% total?)

The "A chilling wind" farm was pretty long, but can't put an estimate of maps, didn't keep track. Got it 2 days ago already at 98 (with 300+ deaths total). Spent like maybe 2-3 weeks farming almost exclusively summit, iceberg, frozen cabins, glacier and cold river (i hate this map so much and the boss is either a wet noodle or one-shots me, I think I just learned the mechanics for that), ran out of scarabs a couple times. The last 2 cards dropped within like 3 days. Also ran most of them with influence trying to get the % div card bonuses. I'm not a fast mapper, and had a lot of content enabled, have been doing harvest, some harbinger (this was a mistake, I didn't know how rare the fracturing shards were, changed now to kirac to try to get cowards trial), farming alva on every map I can and running most temples (saved a couple for later), but I used every single div scarab, something like 50?, + map scarab + 2 sac frags on all maps when I had scarabs available

Thanks for your insights. Seems like the drop rate of A chilling wind is quite low.
"
5ecured a écrit :
Could you tell me some advantages of going cold dot over something solid like EA ballista?

Secondly, what defenses does this build have? It seems squishy, though the damage seems strong

EA is more pinnacle bossing focused, while DD Cold DoT is more mapping focused. Both can run pinnacle bosses/maps well.

Defenses - I recommend reading the Mechanics >> Defense section of the guide
"
lonerwnd a écrit :
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
lonerwnd a écrit :

About survivability:

Amulet - 55 life
Shield - 109 life
Ring - 78 life
Gloves - 100 life

Let us know how it goes~

Thanks much for the advice

Do i remove Oriath for the flask for evasion or ?

No problem.

Either swap out Oriath or Quicksilver. If you are running open mapping layouts, swapping out Quartz might be viable, but mapping without phasing is a no-go for closed map layouts.

Do try out the three variations and see what best fits your playstyle. The general recommendation is to run without Oriath.
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 20 oct. 2023 00:01:56

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires