[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
DopeOnWax a écrit :
A very quick summary of this build. Reached 99 and played all league. I can say its one of the best I've played and a build that felt super comfortable farming T16 juiced up content consistently. I found most map rolls apart from 1 or 2 even mattered. Vortex and Vaal Cold Snap made mapping so nice. There were times I felt like I was cheating. Bossing was also solid. Once that DOT kicks in....goodbye :)

Budget wise, it's very budget friendly. A few good essence crafts and eldritch mods on some solid bases carried me for ages. Gear wise, there is lots of flexibility depending on your cashflow. I can vouch for Carcass Jack and that sick aoe.

Lastly, the best thing about this build is the really nice people on this thread. No question is stupid. Ask away and you will be blessed with detailed and concise information along with pointers and what to get next. I learnt a lot here.

So in summary. Great build, budget friendly, scales off gems, nice people and great advice. Peace :)

Edit: I could have pushed further gear wise but burnt out and had to play something else lol.

Thanks for leaving a helpful review :)
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Hello everyone,

does someone have a PoB for the Items before the 13m DPS pastebin?
So for example early, mid phases and cost?
And/Or priority for upgrades?
"
Darkdôôm a écrit :
Hello everyone,

does someone have a PoB for the Items before the 13m DPS pastebin?
So for example early, mid phases and cost?
And/Or priority for upgrades?

Hello! I'll take note and provide more intermediate POBs for 3.22.

From the FAQ:
Q: How will you prioritise your item progression in the early game?
Spoiler
A: The build contains 7 key uniques for the late game. Before acquiring them, use rare items with good stats. Below is the order of priority:

1. Legacy of Fury - Great boost for mapping speed. Prioritise chance to scorch.

2. Devouring Diadem - Allows you to run four auras and Feast of Flesh is a huge boost to survivalbility

3. Skin of the Lords - +2 level of socketed gems is a huge boost for your DPS (3.21 update: Due to breach nerfs driving the price of Skin of the Lords up, please read the item section on alternatives to Skin of the Lords)

4. Coward's Legacy - ~30% more DPS from being low life (you need to allocate Pain Attunement)

5. Watcher's Eye with "unaffected by Vulnerability while affected by Determination" - reduces the effect of Vulnerability.

6. Forbidden Flame and Forbidden Flesh with "Frigid Wake" - Increased survivability and damage. The reason this is the last upgrade is because of the expensive price. (Who knows? It might be cheap in 3.21 if the crowd does not play Cold DoT.)

The priority early on is Devouring Diadem and Legacy of Fury. Legacy of Fury is quite expensive during the first two days, but the price declines sharply on a daily basis and by the end of the first week it is a 10c item. So if you are breaking into T14-T16s on day 1-2, I suggest skipping Legacy of Fury for Devouring Diadem.

On Day 2 I was clearing T14-16s comfortably on quite basic gear (the only expensive piece was the Devouring Diadem, which price goes down over time).

Crucible League Day 2 T14-T16s: https://youtu.be/0PLxuwBt_bQ?t=503
Spoiler
Gear: https://pobb.in/A8KXCmpjzfhu
Day 2 gear estimated cost:
Spoiler

1. Devouring Diadem (3-4d)
2. 6L Chest (~60c)
3. Amulet (1c)
4. Both rings (Combined cost is less than 10c)
5. Wand (5c)
6. Shield (Less than 5c)
7. Belt (12c)
8. Boots (<1c) - I have since purchased a new pair of boots for ~5c
9. Virdian Jewel (10c or less)
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 7 août 2023 14:46:59
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
DopeOnWax a écrit :
A very quick summary of this build. Reached 99 and played all league. I can say its one of the best I've played and a build that felt super comfortable farming T16 juiced up content consistently. I found most map rolls apart from 1 or 2 even mattered. Vortex and Vaal Cold Snap made mapping so nice. There were times I felt like I was cheating. Bossing was also solid. Once that DOT kicks in....goodbye :)

Budget wise, it's very budget friendly. A few good essence crafts and eldritch mods on some solid bases carried me for ages. Gear wise, there is lots of flexibility depending on your cashflow. I can vouch for Carcass Jack and that sick aoe.

Lastly, the best thing about this build is the really nice people on this thread. No question is stupid. Ask away and you will be blessed with detailed and concise information along with pointers and what to get next. I learnt a lot here.

So in summary. Great build, budget friendly, scales off gems, nice people and great advice. Peace :)

Edit: I could have pushed further gear wise but burnt out and had to play something else lol.

Thanks for leaving a helpful review :)

Thanks to you guys for a powerful build and sharing your knowledge. :)
"
LkGGz a écrit :

From the FAQ:
Spoiler
A: The build contains 7 key uniques for the late game. Before acquiring them, use rare items with good stats. Below is the order of priority:

2. Devouring Diadem - Allows you to run four auras and Feast of Flesh is a huge boost to survivalbility

3. Skin of the Lords - +2 level of socketed gems is a huge boost for your DPS (3.21 update: Due to breach nerfs driving the price of Skin of the Lords up, please read the item section on alternatives to Skin of the Lords)

4. Coward's Legacy - ~30% more DPS from being low life (you need to allocate Pain Attunement)

5. Watcher's Eye with "unaffected by Vulnerability while affected by Determination" - reduces the effect of Vulnerability.

6. Forbidden Flame and Forbidden Flesh with "Frigid Wake" - Increased survivability and damage. The reason this is the last upgrade is because of the expensive price. (Who knows? It might be cheap in 3.21 if the crowd does not play Cold DoT.)

The priority early on is Devouring Diadem and Legacy of Fury. Legacy of Fury is quite expensive during the first two days, but the price declines sharply on a daily basis and by the end of the first week it is a 10c item. So if you are breaking into T14-T16s on day 1-2, I suggest skipping Legacy of Fury for Devouring Diadem.

On Day 2 I was clearing T14-16s comfortably on quite basic gear (the only expensive piece was the Devouring Diadem, which price goes down over time).

Spoiler
Spoiler

2. 6L Chest (~60c)
3. Amulet (1c)
5. Wand (5c)
6. Shield (Less than 5c)
7. Belt (12c)

Ty for the list. I see you have 2 rar rings and cast the curses manuelly. Is "Mark if Submission" also a good choice on leaguestart?
"
Darkdôôm a écrit :
"
LkGGz a écrit :

From the FAQ:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

2. 6L Chest (~60c)
3. Amulet (1c)
5. Wand (5c)
6. Shield (Less than 5c)
7. Belt (12c)

Ty for the list. I see you have 2 rar rings and cast the curses manuelly. Is "Mark if Submission" also a good choice on leaguestart?

No problem.

My thoughts:
When mapping, we only cast curses on the map boss or tanky rares.

Firstly, if normal mobs regularly require us to curse them, we are probably attempting to complete a map beyond our ability, and I would think trying to kill the map boss in such a map would take a long time. I will not run maps that overly difficult on leaguestart because it is not time efficient.

Secondly, we don't even "hit" all of the mobs. Mobs will die from the vortex that you left on the ground and vaal cold snap, and they are not considered as being hit.

So I personally won't run Mark of Submission even on Day 1 because most of the time having a rare ring is better. I would not want to give up 70% resistances and 200 life for some regular mobs to be cursed when they will usually die without.

If you prefer to run Mark of Submission, it will not break your build and you will still do mostly fine.
I just read the patch notes. There are no direct buffs/nerfs. Below are my thoughts.

Frigid wake received a miniscule buff. This is technically a direct buff but it will probably be barely noticeable for us.
"
Due to the discovery of a bug where Frigid Wake was incorrectly using a fixed-duration freeze, causing it to not be affected by freeze duration modifiers, we have made the below change. The described bug has also been fixed.

Frigid Wake: No longer has "Every 4 seconds, 33% chance to Freeze nearby Chilled Unique Enemies for 0.6 seconds" or "Every 4 seconds, Freeze nearby Chilled Non-Unique Enemies for 0.6 seconds." It now has "Every 4 seconds, 50% chance to Freeze nearby Non-Frozen Enemies for 0.6 seconds."

The best Sanctum runner builds were those off-screen damage dealers. With the nearby requirement, Cold DoT is relatively better at Sanctum in 3.22. Nonetheless, Cold DoT will not be an Tier 1 Sanctum runner. If you intend to play "endless Sanctum", I don't recommend Cold DoT.
"
Monsters in the Forbidden Sanctum are immune to damage if there is no player within 100 units of them.

Sad to see Toxic Sewers and Grotto gone as they were Tier 1 maps for Cold DoT.
"
The following Maps have been removed from the Atlas: (...) Grotto (...) Toxic Sewer (...)

Cold DoT is a Tier 1 build for expedition. My league-start atlas for the last two leagues were delirium based, but I may run expedition this time.
"
Added a new Atlas Keystone Passive Skill, Extreme Archaeology, which grants "200% increased Explosive Radius in your Maps", "100% increased Explosive Placement Range in your Maps", "Expedition Monsters in your Maps spawn with an additional 10% of Life missing" and "Number of Explosives is one".

Cold DoT is one of the best Maven atlas boss farmers. It is unclear whether the additional bosses multiply the chance of receiving guardian maps/etc, it would be quite insane if they did. I'm looking forward to this keystone.
"
Added a new Atlas Keystone Passive Skill, Destructive Play, which grants "The Maven summons 1 to 3 additional Bosses when Witnessing Map Bosses. Modifiers to the Final Map Boss in each Map also apply to these summoned Bosses."

I noticed some nerfs for other league-starters:

EA Ballista:
"
The "Totems Taunt Enemies around them for 1 second when Summoned" Totem Mastery has been replaced with "1% of Physical Attack Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life."

Poison related:
"
The Veiled modifier which grants increased Duration of Ailments you inflict while Focused modifier now has values of 36-40% (previously 81-90%). Crafted versions of this modifier have been adjusted accordingly.
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 10 août 2023 22:46:25
i'm still undecided between this and ballista totems....only advantage of totems would be sanctum
Build looks very promising!
Is this build SSF viable?
"
Blikjesman a écrit :
Build looks very promising!
Is this build SSF viable?

Depends on whether you are down to farm Devouring Diadem and Legacy of Fury in SSF. If you are not, Cold DoT Trickster may be more suitable as it has lower gear requirements.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires