[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

Sorry - mostly doing tier 16 maps and bosses. (maven n' such)

Some bosses just hits me once and it is game over ^_^

Reckon I should give it a go in the new season? From my understading one starts completely fresh, but reckon I could give a try again, now what abit more understanding of the game (thanks to you - very appreciated btw)

Or perhaps a more nuubish build hehe xD
Loads of mechanics and crafting to understand and whatnot.
Makes the game interesting though.

anyone played this in sanctum? was this a good sanctum runner?
"
Zirth87 a écrit :

Reckon I should give it a go in the new season? From my understading one starts completely fresh, but reckon I could give a try again, now what abit more understanding of the game (thanks to you - very appreciated btw)

PoE is designed such that some attacks have so high damage that the player is forced to dodge. This is especially the case for telegraphed boss attacks. If you are dying to non-boss monsters regularly, then it is an issue. However, if you are only/mostly dying to bosses, then the solution is to learn the boss mechanic because you will face the same issue on other builds.

The pro of Cold DoT is that once you have applied the DoT skills, you are free to move your character to dodge the attacks as compared to a bow-based build where you have to keep casting your attacks.

About the new season, I think it depends on whether you like the Cold DoT playstyle. Then most important thing is to have fun!

As for build complexity, Cold DoT is already considered as one of the newbie-friendly builds.

Cheers and all the best for the next season!
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
Lyutsifer665 a écrit :

I played Cold DoT in Sanctum. It is not a good Sanctum runner because Vortex and VCS are essentially melee. EA Ballista fares better.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
Lyutsifer665 a écrit :

I played Cold DoT in Sanctum. It is not a good Sanctum runner because Vortex and VCS are essentially melee. EA Ballista fares better.

i wanted to do this build again but since sanctum is back next league it kinda needs to be good at that too...
"
Lyutsifer665 a écrit :
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
Lyutsifer665 a écrit :

i wanted to do this build again but since sanctum is back next league it kinda needs to be good at that too...

I have cleared many Sanctums on Cold DoT, but it does not excel at Sanctum.

If you intend to be in the itemised Sanctums for a large part of the next season, I wouldn't recommend Cold DoT.
accidental double post
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 29 juil. 2023 23:43:33
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
Zirth87 a écrit :

PoE is designed such that some attacks have so high damage that the player is forced to dodge. This is especially the case for telegraphed boss attacks. If you are dying to non-boss monsters regularly, then it is an issue. However, if you are only/mostly dying to bosses, then the solution is to learn the boss mechanic because you will face the same issue on other builds.

The pro of Cold DoT is that once you have applied the DoT skills, you are free to move your character to dodge the attacks as compared to a bow-based build where you have to keep casting your attacks.

About the new season, I think it depends on whether you like the Cold DoT playstyle. Then most important thing is to have fun!

As for build complexity, Cold DoT is already considered as one of the newbie-friendly builds.

I feel like such a bother. sorry
Some mobs seems to do alot of damage and kills me quite quickly - trying to get better to dodge, but fx a souleater rare can sometime give me trouble, other times it feels like those (Dead space casters "lookalike" - tentacle women) makes my life drop to nothing in a matter of seconds.
so usually I die to some bosses and other times I die to mobs.
I know you told me earlier to get more life and the unique chest (skin of the lords), trying to work on it, but since season is almost over anyhow (idk).

thx for your help mate - very appreciated :D

Zerth/Jeppe
"
Zirth87 a écrit :
"
LkGGz a écrit :
"
Zirth87 a écrit :

I feel like such a bother. sorry
Some mobs seems to do alot of damage and kills me quite quickly - trying to get better to dodge, but fx a souleater rare can sometime give me trouble, other times it feels like those (Dead space casters "lookalike" - tentacle women) makes my life drop to nothing in a matter of seconds.
so usually I die to some bosses and other times I die to mobs.
I know you told me earlier to get more life and the unique chest (skin of the lords), trying to work on it, but since season is almost over anyhow (idk).

thx for your help mate - very appreciated :D

Zerth/Jeppe

No worries, I reply during my free time.

The tentacle miscreations can be quite deadly when combined with other damage amplification mods, especially if you do not have sufficient evasion and armour. You can flank them after they begin firing.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Tentacle_Miscreation

Wishing you all the best in the next season! :)
A very quick summary of this build. Reached 99 and played all league. I can say its one of the best I've played and a build that felt super comfortable farming T16 juiced up content consistently. I found most map rolls apart from 1 or 2 even mattered. Vortex and Vaal Cold Snap made mapping so nice. There were times I felt like I was cheating. Bossing was also solid. Once that DOT kicks in....goodbye :)

Budget wise, it's very budget friendly. A few good essence crafts and eldritch mods on some solid bases carried me for ages. Gear wise, there is lots of flexibility depending on your cashflow. I can vouch for Carcass Jack and that sick aoe.

Lastly, the best thing about this build is the really nice people on this thread. No question is stupid. Ask away and you will be blessed with detailed and concise information along with pointers and what to get next. I learnt a lot here.

So in summary. Great build, budget friendly, scales off gems, nice people and great advice. Peace :)

Edit: I could have pushed further gear wise but burnt out and had to play something else lol.
Dernière édition par DopeOnWax, le 3 août 2023 19:50:56

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires