[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

Hi fellow Cold DoT players,

I have been reading the list of Crucible tree modifiers and browsing many competitive Cold DoT profiles with the goal of compiling the best crucible passives for Cold DoT.

After much research, this is my distilled opinion on the best crucible passives for Cold DoT: https://youtu.be/mrKqn_Dk2U4
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
"
Judaspriester a écrit :
Just tried Uber Cortex once and got my ass kicked. But since it was my first try on doing uber fights, I at least know now what awaits me.

Besides that, I followed Sons example and crafted some new boots:

Had a lucky essence slam with double res and the veiled chaos worked on first try. So I invested like 3.5 div into them. I'm somewhat happy with the result, except the fact that I've forgotten the q30.

That's quite an insane pair of boots!

ty. the recipie was somewhat simple (in case someone wants to try the same):
1. get boots of your liking with fractured life
2. slam Defeaning Essence of Envy on it, until you're satisfied with the suffixes
2a. if you're unlucky and end up with 6 mods, anull until you get a free prefix or the item breaks
3. craft "suffix cannot change"
4. use an veiled chaos orb and unveil afterwards. you got a ~57% chance for hitting onslaught + ms.
4a. if the unveil failed start on 2a or 3 again, depending on if you have a free prefix

If I find the motivation next week, I'll write my personal tier list for alternate quality. there are some that are great for the build, while being affordable.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Dernière édition par Judaspriester, le 7 mai 2023 17:20:04

found this boots it bumped my dps from 5.5m to 9.7m i have a extra gem slot now can i still fit one more aura?
Another question: i bought the Coward's legacy belt and i got the icon which indicate that i'm affected by Vulnerability and bought the Watcher's Eye Jewel as well, i placed in an empty space in the skill tree but the icon is still there. is it supposed to be there and i'm just not under the effect anymore or where can i check? im newish and its kinda confusing.
"
Nikklai a écrit :

found this boots it bumped my dps from 5.5m to 9.7m i have a extra gem slot now can i still fit one more aura?

these boots will increase your hatred and defiance banner to +3 levels which is nice. since divine blessing cannot support defiance banner, there are no conflicts with defiance banner being socketed here.

however, you *should not* be able to run another aura because the remaining auras are in your DD helm, and these boots does not give you any additional mana reservation efficiency - which is what allows you to run additional auras.

even with a 40-50d DD that has 90% mana reservation cost implicit and a 30% increased mana efficiency of malevolence (currently there's one on the market), you only get 13-13.5% unreserved mana. I tested it on POB, and I will need another 1-1.5% more unreserved mana before I can run aspect of the spider, which will be a small 6-10% dps boost (at the cost of losing my 15% elemental weakness enchantment).

the problem with these boots, that you will not notice, compared to legacy of fury, is the scorch. it *should* be a theoretical dps loss, not gain. in addition, you do not have an Oriath's End flask, meaning, the loss of legacy of fury also means the loss of your clear speed in a map, since there is no "explosions" that will clear mobs.

i circumvent this with a "drops scorched ground while moving" implicit on rare boots.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 7 mai 2023 19:03:31
"
Carbonspear a écrit :
Another question: i bought the Coward's legacy belt and i got the icon which indicate that i'm affected by Vulnerability and bought the Watcher's Eye Jewel as well, i placed in an empty space in the skill tree but the icon is still there. is it supposed to be there and i'm just not under the effect anymore or where can i check? im newish and its kinda confusing.

yes icon will still be there (to represent you are afflicted by it). but effect is nullified. unfortunately i don't really know how you can check in the game, could be under one of the tabs/values of the character profile (such as under defenses), where if you socket and unsocket your jewel, it will adjust some values.
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
Carbonspear a écrit :

yes icon will still be there (to represent you are afflicted by it). but effect is nullified. unfortunately i don't really know how you can check in the game, could be under one of the tabs/values of the character profile (such as under defenses), where if you socket and unsocket your jewel, it will adjust some values.

i didn't find anywhere in the game character's statistic tabs but if it supposed to work like this , still having the icon until it works it doesn't bother me, i just wanted to know it's not a bug. thanks!
Dernière édition par Carbonspear, le 7 mai 2023 19:12:37
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
Nikklai a écrit :

these boots will increase your hatred and defiance banner to +3 levels which is nice. since divine blessing cannot support defiance banner, there are no conflicts with defiance banner being socketed here.

however, you *should not* be able to run another aura because the remaining auras are in your DD helm, and these boots does not give you any additional mana reservation efficiency - which is what allows you to run additional auras.

even with a 40-50d DD that has 90% mana reservation cost implicit and a 30% increased mana efficiency of malevolence (currently there's one on the market), you only get 13-13.5% unreserved mana. I tested it on POB, and I will need another 1-1.5% more unreserved mana before I can run aspect of the spider, which will be a small 6-10% dps boost (at the cost of losing my 15% elemental weakness enchantment).

the problem with these boots, that you will not notice, compared to legacy of fury, is the scorch. it *should* be a theoretical dps loss, not gain. in addition, you do not have an Oriath's End flask, meaning, the loss of legacy of fury also means the loss of your clear speed in a map, since there is no "explosions" that will clear mobs.

i circumvent this with a "drops scorched ground while moving" implicit on rare boots.

oh ok i crafted a new boots

only dropped 1 div i followed Judaspriester and fixed my res for shaper ring
"
Carbonspear a écrit :
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
Carbonspear a écrit :

i didn't find anywhere in the game character's statistic tabs but if it supposed to work like this , still having the icon until it works it doesn't bother me, i just wanted to know it's not a bug. thanks!

yup, not a bug
"
Nikklai a écrit :
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
Nikklai a écrit :

oh ok i crafted a new boots

only dropped 1 div i followed Judaspriester and fixed my res for shaper ring

those are really good boots, it will carry you far. judaspriest prioritises ehp, so the rolls are really solid for defenses, for mine, i went full dps, so I got non-damaging ailment effectiveness rolled on my boots instead.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires