3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

hehe.

The thing is, no one is "right" as it all depends on personal preference of the build.

@Kharadas likes to focus on defence. So he has greater overall defence and this might be better in some situations (eg Wave 30 Simuls).

The thing here is though, is that your DPS is considerably lower (about 15mill DPS going by what I see).

@Bogdanovici1 likes to focus a bit more on offence. So he can tank a Sirus meteor and can probably survive most things in the game.

The thing is, Bogdans DPS is about DOUBLE that of Kharadas (at about 30mill DPS going by what I see).

The question becomes, what content are you trying to do and how much offence or defence do you desire in the build? How comfortable are you if you die a few times here and there? There is no "better".

For example, I am at 44 Mill DPS which is about triple the DPS of Kharadas, but my defences are lower. I can still complete a Wave 30 Simulacrum, albeit I haven't done it deathless. Would I rather use one or two less portals, or triple my DPS? Personally, I'd rather triple my DPS.

Ultimately, it's up to the individual player to decide on their overall playstyle and preference.

In saying that, if you want to be more defensive, @Kharadas has some good pointers he listed, just know that it comes mostly at the cost of DPS, as with every build in the game.
Only thing that slaps me are some 110+ feared with all the bad mods and the maven blast. Doing the final upgrades this weekend, i should add some extra 10 - 20 mil.
"
Bogdanovici1 a écrit :
An yes or a no was enough. At first glance your numbers feel way high “modified” by pob, i will check it when i get home.

I havent tested it, but i sure can, as we see with the POB screens.
"
brunowa a écrit :

@Kharadas likes to focus on defence. So he has greater overall defence and this might be better in some situations (eg Wave 30 Simuls).

The thing here is though, is that your DPS is considerably lower (about 15mill DPS going by what I see).

correct, the emphasis is on "going by what i see"

So the DPS from the profile right now with just the change to
a different flask ( Atziri's Promise (70% inc effect enchant))

Anomalous Flame surge is in setup, but not included in DPS, cause bosses move and not 100% uptime.

21.5M shaper ignite dps / 48.5M total damage per ignite

And now we go to the real bossing setup:

I have said, I keep Ashes of the stars(for defense and utility), medium/small cluster more defense like setup, no Shaper of Storms(but can change this easily, if i want), to lazy/dps is enough to get a Blizzard crown/double dot quiver(has nothing to do with my defense setup).

So with the posted viridian jewels for single target(post above), Divine blessing-malevolence-life tap (11 seconds burst setup, repeatable), watcher's eye(+22% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence)

36.4M shaper ignite dps / 79M total damage per ignite

So i can go even higher than that, with getting the double dot quiver and wizard crown and still have my defense setup.

"
brunowa a écrit :

For example, I am at 44 Mill DPS which is about triple the DPS of Kharadas, but my defences are lower.

We are back at the same problem as here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229979/page/90#p24568768

I have asked you there: Is the 50M DPS, shaper or no shaper dps ? total damage per ignite or ignite dps ?
You gave no answer to that, so i cant compare or retrace anything.

So let us assume, you mean 44M shaper ignite dps with your current Archnemesis league character.

If i just use your quiver and blizzard crown my defensive setup doesnt change and i am very near to your 44M DPS.

So you are totally mistaken with the "triple the dps of Kharadas"
Dernière édition par Kharadas, le 29 avr. 2022 09:33:27
Why do you always talk about your gear from a possible upgrade point of view? Bruno is talking about your current state of gear.
"
Bogdanovici1 a écrit :
Why do you always talk about your gear from a possible upgrade point of view? Bruno is talking about your current state of gear.

This was just explaining about the defense setup and that it is not a 3x damage difference to his glass cannon setup.

The "36.4M shaper ignite dps / 79M total damage per ignite" is with current gear in my stash the boss setup. This is real, no buying/crafting upgrades or changing to Shaper of Storms.

I only talk at the end that i can go higher than 36.4M with exchanging quiver and helmet.
Dernière édition par Kharadas, le 29 avr. 2022 15:08:06
Yeh but same with me mate. Changing gear changes everything and that's the point.

I don't run with Shaper of Storms. If I go that route I'm at 50mill DPS. I don't even use a Blizzard Crown in league. If I get one of those and throw on a Hyrris I'm at about 60Million+ Sirus DPS.

What's your point? Although I could do that, it's not the "balance" I am after.

I can use armour and evasion flasks and change some things to increase my defences like you. What's the point? Again, it's not the "balance" I am after.

Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference.

You keep thinking that my setup is glass canon, yet I have uploaded vids of wave 30 Simuls and I run boss carry services for all bosses including juiced Feared Invitations. You are under an illusion exile. I don't need more defence.

You like being defensive but it comes at a sacrifice of DPS.

Others like more offence but it comes at a sacrifice of defence.

Everything can be changed with a simple gear swap here or there. Everyone can find their own balance. As long as they are happy and enjoying the playstyle, that's all that matters.

But you did come in and say to Bogdan that he is "not tanky" and proceeded to school him. Yet he showed a video of himself tanking a Sirus meteor and has mentioned he can do everything in the game comfortably... I would call that tanky. And then coming in and saying I'm a glass cannon. Why would one want to invest more in defence when there is no need to? Doubling/Tripling DPS makes gaming faster = more maps = more loot = more $$ = more fun for many. But again it's personal preference.

This conversation demonstrates how strong the build is. You can either go crazy DPS and still have great defence. Or you can go crazy defence and still have great DPS. Use what you like.
Dernière édition par brunowa, le 29 avr. 2022 19:31:06
"
brunowa a écrit :

I don't run with Shaper of Storms. If I go that route I'm at 50mill DPS. I don't even use a Blizzard Crown in league. If I get one of those and throw on a Hyrris I'm at about 60Million+ Sirus DPS.

I am giving up, cause you throw with numbers without stating or showing exactly, what you wear and this would help me, other people to see different setups. It is always nice to compare and find some new things, you didnt know before.

"
brunowa a écrit :

But you did come in and say to Bogdan that he is "not tanky" and proceeded to school him. Yet he showed a video of himself tanking a Sirus meteor and has mentioned he can do everything in the game comfortably...

Let me correct this, cause i didnt write it detailed enough. My talk about not tanky was only referring to Hyrri's Ire. He is using very good defensive flasks, alternate auras versions, Bastion of Elements. So it was only about the body armour and nothing else.

"
brunowa a écrit :

Doubling/Tripling DPS makes gaming faster = more maps = more loot = more $$ = more fun for many. But again it's personal preference.

This conversation demonstrates how strong the build is. You can either go crazy DPS and still have great defence. Or you can go crazy defence and still have great DPS. Use what you like.

I fully agree and i dont think everyone has to play this or that version of a build.

Let me explain abit more what i mean(This is also not just the view from me as experienced poe player. I also try, see this from the view of less experienced /skilled/knowledgable players. I watch enough twitch.tv and see how they play):

1. POE changed in the last 2-5 leagues. They added more monsters, which do chaos damage. So getting chaos resistance is important.
If you dont care about dying, ok your choice.
If you level up with breachstones, coward's trial,... and then after reaching level xx, dont care about dying anymore, also your choice.
Not everyone has this kind of view.

2. Just in general(any build):
After you kill white,magic, rare monsters so fast, then you can also go for defense. It doesnt make a big difference with the exception, if you want to farm alot delirious maps(minority of players), ok, then yes.

For bosses, just throwing some random example numbers here:
If a boss dies in 10 seconds, then i prefer 13 seconds, but safer and more defense.

(this is not with (expensive) endgame gear): I am not the kind of 5-6 Portal Player for bosses. I prefer to die 0-1 time at bosses.

3. Just talking about maps now:
How often you die, also depends on the maps(nasty affixes) you run.
So it matters how tanky you are.

Dernière édition par Kharadas, le 30 avr. 2022 01:01:47
Glad that's sorted :)
Will definitely NOT get nerf hammer at end of league ;)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires