[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️

"
AlGor3Rythm a écrit :
"
alphazeta33 a écrit :

No, the way it works is SoS lets all damage shock. This means lightning, fire, cold, phys etc. Then 3 Dragons prohibits lightning, and only lightning, from shocking.

So, anything except lightning will now shock. "Your hits always shock" means no crits are required. Finally, the 15% minimum means the damage that shocks doesn't have to be high to meet the ailment threshold - you'll inflict 15% shock with any non lightning damage.

However you still need to meet the ailment thresholds to freeze. You cannot actually chill - it's separate from freeze, and 3 Dragons doesn't let you chill.

Not sure about EE is that elemental equilibrium?

And yes elemental focus does cancel out shaper of storms for the linked skill.

Thanks alphazeta, that definitely helps.

My fault, I intended to type EO (ele overload). We would drop EO when our Crit Multiplier results in more damage than the 40% more given by EO, is that right?

If we have flat cold damage elsewhere, is using Herald of Ice still the best choice?

Sorry, I took a year off and apparently purged what little PoE mechanics knowledge I had.

That's basically correct https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Elemental_Overload?so=search wiki page has a good chart on breakpoints for EO vs crit.
Dernière édition par mdodge2007, le 8 févr. 2022 09:40:16
"
Maldice a écrit :
"
Daggerspine a écrit :
I must admit i'am having fun with this build.
Never did Crackling lance before, but kamehameha here i come!

But how do you sustain the mana....
I'am running around with 3-4 mana pots just to sustain the upkeep.

Yeah i'm having mana issues too but things prob get better when you get exposure on hit with the first ascendancy that gives 1% regen?

That helps, as well as Mana regen on gear, anointing "Dreamer", or taking more mana passives. Later on, it's mostly gear. Also, Inspiration isn't a terrible link option.

---

As for Herald of Ice, it's mostly to help with clear a little bit, it's not just the flat cold (that's easy to get without reservation).
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Dernière édition par CantripN, le 8 févr. 2022 10:07:12
"
AlGor3Rythm a écrit :
"
alphazeta33 a écrit :

No, the way it works is SoS lets all damage shock. This means lightning, fire, cold, phys etc. Then 3 Dragons prohibits lightning, and only lightning, from shocking.

So, anything except lightning will now shock. "Your hits always shock" means no crits are required. Finally, the 15% minimum means the damage that shocks doesn't have to be high to meet the ailment threshold - you'll inflict 15% shock with any non lightning damage.

However you still need to meet the ailment thresholds to freeze. You cannot actually chill - it's separate from freeze, and 3 Dragons doesn't let you chill.

My fault, I intended to type EO (ele overload). We would drop EO when our Crit Multiplier results in more damage than the 40% more given by EO, is that right?

If we have flat cold damage elsewhere, is using Herald of Ice still the best choice?

Sorry, I took a year off and apparently purged what little PoE mechanics knowledge I had.

If SoS works properly, any added non lightning damage should be enough and herald wouldn't be needed. I haven't gotten to maps yet but I'll try to find a way to drop it.

To be honest I might drop the freeze idea altogether and get a Crown of the inward Eye or something. From some of these comments it sounds like the inability to chill big bosses that are freeze immune is a significant downside.
"
alphazeta33 a écrit :
"
AlGor3Rythm a écrit :
"
alphazeta33 a écrit :

If SoS works properly, any added non lightning damage should be enough and herald wouldn't be needed. I haven't gotten to maps yet but I'll try to find a way to drop it.

To be honest I might drop the freeze idea altogether and get a Crown of the inward Eye or something. From some of these comments it sounds like the inability to chill big bosses that are freeze immune is a significant downside.

Those guys are still slowed 30%, just not Chilled. It's not Chill, it's how they interact with Freeze.

Still, if you want to have a Crown/Rare for Maven/Sirus fights, it's a valid option.

Dernière édition par CantripN, le 8 févr. 2022 12:17:36
"
CantripN a écrit :
"
Akris85 a écrit :
I'm getting deleted by monsters. Not sure what's going wrong. Damage is also very low, albeit without clusters.

My jewelry is garbage, but working on that. I'm tempted to get a thread of hope to save some points at the top of the tree. I also don't have the same amount of unreserved mana as OP.

Anyone mind looking and tooling me up a bit?

I'd recommend joining the discord, there's a lot of active players there, and you'll get lots of opinions.

To start, you're missing a jewel in your belt, and a craft on your wand :)

Overall, your gear is decent!

As for the tree, you took lots of Life, more than I have, and I feel that costs you your DPS at this stage. Without DPS, you die quickly.

I'm struggling to get anywhere near the shock value you have. I'm at 23 I think now. That seems to be a major part of my damage issues. Really, it's just that anything that makes it past the golems basically one shots me. Are the clusters and the legion jewel that critical to survival?

Seems like a cool build but I'm really struggling with at at level 84. I'll definitely check the discord when I have time.

Any other advice is appreciated!
"
Akris85 a écrit :
"
CantripN a écrit :
"
Akris85 a écrit :
I'm getting deleted by monsters. Not sure what's going wrong. Damage is also very low, albeit without clusters.

My jewelry is garbage, but working on that. I'm tempted to get a thread of hope to save some points at the top of the tree. I also don't have the same amount of unreserved mana as OP.

Anyone mind looking and tooling me up a bit?

I'd recommend joining the discord, there's a lot of active players there, and you'll get lots of opinions.

To start, you're missing a jewel in your belt, and a craft on your wand :)

Overall, your gear is decent!

As for the tree, you took lots of Life, more than I have, and I feel that costs you your DPS at this stage. Without DPS, you die quickly.

I'm struggling to get anywhere near the shock value you have. I'm at 23 I think now. That seems to be a major part of my damage issues. Really, it's just that anything that makes it past the golems basically one shots me. Are the clusters and the legion jewel that critical to survival?

Seems like a cool build but I'm really struggling with at at level 84. I'll definitely check the discord when I have time.

Any other advice is appreciated!

It's a lot of things. Your tree, the bad gear (really, UPGRADE those weapons NOW!).

As for Shock, POB lies, you have more as you can see when you actually cast at a target, but you should be taking Shock Effect on the tree (you skipped those). POB does the math wrong.

I don't have Clusters or a Legion jewel, and I'm doing quite fine.

Dernière édition par CantripN, le 9 févr. 2022 06:06:06
How much crit chance do you have? I am sitting around 45% i think
"
CantripN a écrit :
"
Akris85 a écrit :

My jewelry is garbage, but working on that. I'm tempted to get a thread of hope to save some points at the top of the tree. I also don't have the

It's a lot of things. Your tree, the bad gear (really, UPGRADE those weapons NOW!).

As for Shock, POB lies, you have more as you can see when you actually cast at a target, but you should be taking Shock Effect on the tree (you skipped those). POB does the math wrong.

I don't have Clusters or a Legion jewel, and I'm doing quite fine.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. Retooled to grab some ailment and crit. New weapon purchased. Are you using arc? Looked at your character and wonder if thats the way to go, or is it just til you switch to crackling lance?

Thanks again.
Tried this build. Was fun and mapping is really cool. Did both eater of worlds and searing exarch just fine but by god the dps is very low and we are very squishy.

It also doesn't help that we need to be immobile to do damage with CL.
I'll probably respecc out of this build into some more tanky boss killer though for the rest of the game
Decided to try this out. I normally do Flicker or some kind of minion or weird CWDT Loop build. Really enjoying it. I did not care for how it felt with CL so I went Divine Ire and it feels really good in lower tiers so far. Still scaling my gear out but a friend dropped am Expeditions End that I am using and still need to get third lab done so I am sure it will feel even better after that. Thanks for the guide!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires