[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
tesken a écrit :
Thanks for the guide, looks great, gonna league start with it as well.

I tend to prefer tanky builds, haven't played totems in quite a few leagues, and never played Toxic Rain before, so looks like a great fit

Nice! Let's hope realm stability RNG is with you!
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 a écrit :
"
LilyKittens4 a écrit :
You can count on my steel!

I appreciate you. Let’s ride!

This is going to be awesome!! Do you think lifetap on toxic rain and then getting more auras would be cool? I think the new Vitality Extraction for some nice damage boost and 2% life on kill would be great. Plus it is right by Call to Arms for nice Enduring Cry every five second?
"
LilyKittens4 a écrit :
"
Donkster5 a écrit :
"
LilyKittens4 a écrit :
You can count on my steel!

I appreciate you. Let’s ride!

This is going to be awesome!! Do you think lifetap on toxic rain and then getting more auras would be cool? I think the new Vitality Extraction for some nice damage boost and 2% life on kill would be great. Plus it is right by Call to Arms for nice Enduring Cry every five second?

I've only been able to make it midway through Act 3 because of constant disconnects and queuing and real life, but so far everything feels just fine. Maybe even stronger at low level on single target. THIS WAS A BUFF. No, it is far too early to say that. However, I'm thinking we're going to be happy.

I think Lifetap on TR on the selfcast is a great idea once you have enough life. I'd probably switch it out for Swift Affliction. It's still a good idea to find other ways to mitigate mana issues at endgame with Elreon crafts, but Lifetap definitely looks like a good option. Life on kill is okay, but life on hit is amazing. That's the one reason to grab a watcher's eye with life on hit for vitality. It adds so much QoL. We can definitely add aura's as not using Malevolence clears up ~20% mana space.
~Donkster5
Thanks for the reply back! I was going to try this as a totem only build (no self cast). I thought that would look way cooler. Is that a bad idea?
"
LilyKittens4 a écrit :
Thanks for the reply back! I was going to try this as a totem only build (no self cast). I thought that would look way cooler. Is that a bad idea?
No, it’s not a bad idea. That’s mostly what I did in the gauntlet and just focused on defenses, moving, and dodging. You can do something that gives you QoL on the chest like Blast Rain- Increased Duration- Withering Touch- Life Gain on Hit- Hextouch- Despair. That would automate wither and despair, give you life, and you only have to cast it every 10 seconds or so. Plus, it sounds great if you like that type of thing... blam blam blam.
~Donkster5
"
iiogmeet a écrit :
Big Thanks for sharing this Build.
I really enjoy it right now, very solid. I'll start the new league with it.

Continue, good job :)

Except a lack of dps for the 20 first lvl, it was pretty easy

Now start the real game :)
Dernière édition par iiogmeet, le 17 avr. 2021 14:19:41
"
iiogmeet a écrit :
"
iiogmeet a écrit :
Big Thanks for sharing this Build.
I really enjoy it right now, very solid. I'll start the new league with it.

Continue, good job :)

Except a lack of dps for the 20 first lvl, it was pretty easy

Now start the real game :)

Awesome, and, oh, you beat me! I went to bed early and then just finished up a t16 map video comparison. Link has just been put in the guide. Check it out if you're interested.
~Donkster5
I'm running this build as well this league, really happy with that decision so far. Because of the league start connectivity issues, I'm currently only at act 5 - but I've used TR Ballistas as soon as I could and it's a blast.
I've planned some QoL modifications moving forward, the main one being a 6-link blast rain with hextouch/despair instead of the TR self-cast.

I've read your notes on the 3.14 changes to TR - I haven't tested it yet, but do you think dropping Flash and Stone (along with the Versatile Stance nodes in the tree) and bringing Malevolance back will be better in the current state of TR?
"
IdoNisso a écrit :
I'm running this build as well this league, really happy with that decision so far. Because of the league start connectivity issues, I'm currently only at act 5 - but I've used TR Ballistas as soon as I could and it's a blast.
I've planned some QoL modifications moving forward, the main one being a 6-link blast rain with hextouch/despair instead of the TR self-cast.

I've read your notes on the 3.14 changes to TR - I haven't tested it yet, but do you think dropping Flash and Stone (along with the Versatile Stance nodes in the tree) and bringing Malevolance back will be better in the current state of TR?

I’m so glad you’re enjoying it.

I wrote this to a little earlier:

“ You can do something that gives you QoL on the chest like Blast Rain- Increased Duration- Withering Touch- Life Gain on Hit- Hextouch- Despair. That would automate wither and despair, give you life, and you only have to cast it every 10 seconds or so. Plus, it sounds great if you like that type of thing... blam blam blam”

Maybe I should add it to the build as a secondary option. I tested it but felt the selfcast was better and provided faster gameplay. If you’re not going for speed, then the QoL is great.

Regarding Malevolence vs F&S, I don’t plan on doing that as F&S adds mapping or bossing options just by swapping stances. If you’re going for a more passive style, Malevolence should be fine, I just haven’t tested it. I’m not sure where the AoE cutoff is where you’ll lose that fourth pod overlap.
~Donkster5
hello again.
after the first day i got the 6l silverbough, 5l carcass, caping res, i am doing all the ultimatums with all their rounds, which is rewarding me with a huge amount of currency.

I'm still to do the last lab and maybe raise the chaos resistance a bit more and I'm going for the red maps, it's the easiest build I've ever played, just amazing.

I may incorporate some changes to suit my style in the future, but for now I'm very comfortable with it.

Cheers

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires