3.13 Updated Shrapnel Ballista Build-League Starter+Boss Killer+Good Clear Speed

Can DEFINITELY skip it, POBuilding I think over-values that skill dps wise....since we explode everything bleed is eh. I'd use it for life instead!
Hi there, currently leveling with the build and having an excellent time with it.

One suggestion I'd like to make for leveling is to take Revelry - it makes mana much smoother, especially if you're leveling with a Tabula like I am. Flasking is much less frantic now. I still find it impossible to use Blasphemy, but at least I can self cast Vulnerability on packs and Sniper's Mark on rares/uniques.

Another small thing: you suggest using Hrimsorrow for leveling, but as soon as you add Brutality to your setup you should get some other gloves, since you can no longer deal cold damage but you still lose physical damage.

Thanks again for the build, looking forward to reaching maps :)

(also, using the Arcane Tome mtx makes things rather hilarious... books shooting shrapnel all over the place, death by a thousand paper cuts!)
Dernière édition par Faldrath, le 21 janv. 2021 16:13:20
"
Faldrath a écrit :
Hi there, currently leveling with the build and having an excellent time with it.

One suggestion I'd like to make for leveling is to take Revelry - it makes mana much smoother, especially if you're leveling with a Tabula like I am. Flasking is much less frantic now. I still find it impossible to use Blasphemy, but at least I can self cast Vulnerability on packs and Sniper's Mark on rares/uniques.

Another small thing: you suggest using Hrimsorrow for leveling, but as soon as you add Brutality to your setup you should get some other gloves, since you can no longer deal cold damage but you still lose physical damage.

Thanks again for the build, looking forward to reaching maps :)

(also, using the Arcane Tome mtx makes things rather hilarious... books shooting shrapnel all over the place, death by a thousand paper cuts!)

Oh 6L is 100% overkill for leveling a 4L will more than do the job...and its far less mana. As far as curse goes---I despise clicking curses unless its a boss fight---why I use blasphemy. That is 100% optional, can use flesh and stone earlier in place of blasphemy

And sure on Hrimsorrow----- Those leveling recommendations are for early leveling before you ever get to brutality at lvl 38.
"
Wharhogg a écrit :
Tried out a Volley support gem in place of Maim with Tornado shot-----this is the ultimate clearing gem.....
Torando shot>ballista support>brutality>visc projectiles>volley support>impale support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMTJpBYi2g

Quick question:

Would you use greater volley over the regular one?
Or do you think the extra arrows don't compensate for the dmg reduction?

Thanks for showing us this fun build btw!
I'm up to 7 arrows with arborix+dying sun+jewel----with 6 ballistas thats 42 arrows. THe dmg reduction isnt really worth it.
As cool as rain of splinters is im not seeing it being remotely viable unless you roll all totem damage/projectile damage gems on the other 3 nodes, and even then it does such a crazy job of clearing with just the added proj. jewel that the damage loss from rain of splinters isnt really needed imo.

ill keep playing around with it i guess, im sure in the higher tier maps that this will change, but tornado shot is pretty nuts atm.
I am also going to try w/out rain----5 arrows should be plenty.
So as I work into hard red maps I have added a 90+ to life quiver with high crit, 5 tornado ballistas and 5 arrows is enough to clear and running 6200+ hps has made the entire endeavor easier. I keep Skirmish in on the shrapnels for fast boss takedown. I still do not have Jun's - to non channeling skils----it is elusive this run. I did melt Mastermind easily in the process. Once I reach 93ish I should be pushing 6600 hps for clearing....at 95 I have figured out I can hit 7k. Arborix is great for clearing...but the damn Iron reflexes makes high health a need.
So, build looks pretty nice.
The only thing I've ran into is gaining flask charges on harder boss encounters. Sniper's mark's flask effect does not work for ballista shots.
And I find myself getting killd sometimes when I try to shoot with autos to gain charges.
Ya, its annoying ballstas dont work with Snipers---but the added damage of Snipers on top of Vuln is pretty nice. Dunno if you had flask issues on sirius or not..but make sure you swap in an "immune to corrupted blood" jewel on him.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires